Hughton and Calderwood 'will continue to take charge of first team'

jimmymag

It doesn't matter who's in charge imo - we'll live or die by how many matches Viduka and Martins play.

That is probably true. We've said it for quite some time, that if we stay up, it will be thanks to the players.

Very different circumstances from last time he was in charge, hopefully he can keep us up, would prefer a proper manager like.

Exactly.  This is not like last time (although we're not out of the woods yet). But the situation is more under control than the last time that Hughton was thrust into it. Situation is not perfect, but better than last time.

I do wonder if they are NOT hiring a proper manager, so that they can start afresh during the summer without an incumbent in the way.

I honestly haven't been this angry for a long, long time. How the fuck do they persist on making exactly the wrong decision every fucking time. Beggars belief.

Ashley and the village of idiots he has making decisions for him really don't have the slightest, slightest clue. Just fuck off.

had it man, jesus put f***ing Wise in charge, get Roeder back, anything but this clueless wimp

He may be a poor manager but that is simply because he isn't one. He hasn't asked to be in charge of the team, and I think your being harsh with that description of him. It's not his fault he's had to cover for our ill/stroppy/banned managers when they've pissed off. Hughton seems to work so f***ing hard for this club, he's been employed doing caretaker care quite a lot, it seems to be just him and Kinnear doing training, and he seems to be getting a raw deal. Has he complained? Has he hell, he's gotten on with the job.

I agree with the fact he's poor at managing the team, but now he's broken his duck, and also with Calderwood on board (managerial experience, albeit at a lower level) I'm not as pessimistic as some.

Regardless of what division we're in next season, Hughton deserves a f***ing massive bonus and a medal.

I consider the guy a bit of a coward tbh, could have exerted himself and really made a go of it first time round but instead said he really didn't want the job after the Hull game and had the team playing like they didn't give a shit. It took Kinnear absolutely laying into them at HT against Blackburn to get them playing with conviction when in reality Hughton should have been doing it for weeks

Kinnear WILL be the manager next season once he recovers. Otherwise they would just get a proper replacement in

I'm really hoping that this is an interim appointment until we really know JFK's condition after the op.

Some of you lot really are fucking hilarious :lol:

What the fuck are you upset about? Us missing out on the CL next season? Get it through your thick brains! Our club is in turmoil, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. The public/world/football opinion of NUFC in that time has been of a piece of shit mickey mouse club. We have a massive storm to weather, whether we like it or not. Chris Hughton, Ray Houghton, or not.

Grow the fuck up some of you ffs!!

I don't think we'll see any noticeable drop-off, Kinnear was absolutely useles after all.

One clueless fuck out, another in.

I'd wager the epic shitness of Houghton last time out was as much due to circumstances at the time as anything. He'll do better this time, though he'll still be shite.

The real issue here is that the board can now give Kinnear the job full-time in the summer, even if we go down.

had it man, jesus put f***ing Wise in charge, get Roeder back, anything but this clueless wimp

He may be a poor manager but that is simply because he isn't one. He hasn't asked to be in charge of the team, and I think your being harsh with that description of him. It's not his fault he's had to cover for our ill/stroppy/banned managers when they've pissed off. Hughton seems to work so f***ing hard for this club, he's been employed doing caretaker care quite a lot, it seems to be just him and Kinnear doing training, and he seems to be getting a raw deal. Has he complained? Has he hell, he's gotten on with the job.

I agree with the fact he's poor at managing the team, but now he's broken his duck, and also with Calderwood on board (managerial experience, albeit at a lower level) I'm not as pessimistic as some.

Regardless of what division we're in next season, Hughton deserves a f***ing massive bonus and a medal.

I consider the guy a bit of a coward tbh, could have exerted himself and really made a go of it first time round but instead said he really didn't want the job after the Hull game and had the team playing like they didn't give a s***. It took Kinnear absolutely laying into them at HT against Blackburn to get them playing with conviction when in reality Hughton should have been doing it for weeks

Do you honestly believe the reports of Kinnears "magical" teamtalks?

Very different circumstances from last time he was in charge, hopefully he can keep us up, would prefer a proper manager like.

Exactly.   This is not like last time (although we're not out of the woods yet). But the situation is more under control than the last time that Hughton was thrust into it. Situation is not perfect, but better than last time.

I do wonder if they are NOT hiring a proper manager, so that they can start afresh during the summer without an incumbent in the way.

That's the only explanation that makes sense.

Some of you lot really are f***ing hilarious :lol:

What the f*** are you upset about? Us missing out on the CL next season? Get it through your thick brains! Our club is in turmoil, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. The public/world/football opinion of NUFC in that time has been of a piece of s*** mickey mouse club. We have a massive storm to weather, whether we like it or not. Chris Hughton, Ray Houghton, or not.

Grow the f*** up some of you ffs!!

I'm upset about the fact that the club just blew off a golden opportunity to amicably cut ties with Joe Kinnear and appoint a manager that's actually qualified for the job that can save us from relegation in the short term and offer some mid-table stability for a few years. Who the f*** was talking about CL qualification?

Instead, they've chosen to take a massive gamble on our Premiership status by leaving us effectively managerless until the end of the season, all because they're desperate to offer a long term contract to a manager who's not only f***ing s***, completely insane, and utterly out of his depth, but who also shouldn't be doing the job for his own health's sake.

What about that decision makes sense to you? I'd really like to know.

What the f*** are you upset about? Us missing out on the CL next season? Get it through your thick brains! Our club is in turmoil, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. The public/world/football opinion of NUFC in that time has been of a piece of s*** mickey mouse club. We have a massive storm to weather, whether we like it or not. Chris Hughton, Ray Houghton, or not.

Erm, no offence, but you come across as a bit of a prick there. If this report is true then people have a right to be upset. The man isnt a manager and we will be going into our most important run in since 1996 without a manager in charge of the team. Even Terry Venables would be a far better choice until the end of the season. Appointing a coach, and nothing more than a coach as manager when we are in such a position as we are would be a massive massive mistake.

I'm upset about the fact that the club just blew off a golden opportunity to give amicably cut ties with Joe Kinnear and appoint a manager that's actually qualified for the job that can save us from relegation in the short term and offer some mid-table stability for a few years. Who the fuck was talking about CL qualification?

Instead, they've chosen to take a massive gamble on our Premiership status by leaving us effectively managerless until the end of the season, all because they're desperate to offer a long term contract to a manager who's not only fucking shit, completely insane, and utterly out of his depth, but who also shouldn't be doing the job for his own health's sake.

spot on

Exactly.   This is not like last time (although we're not out of the woods yet). But the situation is more under control than the last time that Hughton was thrust into it. Situation is not perfect, but better than last time.

They'll leave it until the last minute, make what they'll describe as a generous offer for a quality manager the Friday before the season gets going.

Then when they're rebuffed they'll flounder around, shocked, and eventually hire Kinnear again and vow that everything was done to get the best manager they could.

Exactly.  This is not like last time (although we're not out of the woods yet). But the situation is more under control than the last time that Hughton was thrust into it. Situation is not perfect, but better than last time.

They'll leave it until the last minute, make what they'll describe as a generous offer for a quality manager the Friday before the season gets going.

Then when they're rebuffed they'll flounder around, shocked, and eventually hire Kinnear again and vow that everything was done to get the best manager they could.

Aye thats the only offers we will be putting in...

I have been saying for a while now that I don't think its any coincidence that our last two managers have been appointments that meant having to pay no compensation.

I'm upset about the fact that the club just blew off a golden opportunity to amicably cut ties with Joe Kinnear and appoint a manager that's actually qualified for the job that can save us from relegation in the short term and offer some mid-table stability for a few years. Who the f*** was talking about CL qualification?

Instead, they've chosen to take a massive gamble on our Premiership status by leaving us effectively managerless until the end of the season, all because they're desperate to offer a long term contract to a manager who's not only f***ing s***, completely insane, and utterly out of his depth, but who also shouldn't be doing the job for his own health's sake.

Nothing about the decision makes any sense to me! I never said that. All I said was, what or who the hell were people expecting us to bloody employ? Guus Hiddink? Phil Scolari? Do you really believe that Ashley thinks Kinnear is a better manager than those two? Do you really believe Ashley continues to employ Kinnear because he thinks he's the dog's bollocks of football management?

Besides. I'll think about maybe busting a nut when the club confirm via the official website that Hughton is in charge for the rest of the season, with NO new manager coming in, and that Kinnear has in fact signed "the contract" and will be staying on for 2 more seasons.

Erm, no offence, but you come across as a bit of a prick there. If this report is true then people have a right to be upset. The man isnt a manager and we will be going into our most important run in since 1996 without a manager in charge of the team. Even Terry Venables would be a far better choice until the end of the season. Appointing a coach, and nothing more than a coach as manager when we are in such a position as we are would be a massive massive mistake.

I'm with you 100%. But I won't be lynching any cockneys until this is confirmed by the club.

Nothing about the decision makes any sense to me! I never said that. All I said was, what or who the hell were people expecting us to bloody employ? Guus Hiddink? Phil Scolari? Do you really believe that Ashley thinks Kinnear is a better manager than those two? Do you really believe Ashley continues to employ Kinnear because he thinks he's the dog's bollocks of football management?

Besides. I'll think about maybe busting a nut when the club confirm via the official website that Hughton is in charge for the rest of the season, with NO new manager coming in, and that Kinnear has in fact signed "the contract" and will be staying on for 2 more seasons.

I wasn't expect Scolari or Hiddink. What I was expecting was having a manager at all.

There are plenty of managers out there currently with a Championship club or unemployed that we could bring in to keep us up and give us stability for a couple of years. The fact that they didn't even try was worse than criminal.

You know that Kinnear will sign the contract on his hospital bed and will be here for the foreseeable future. That's the only logical explanation.

Cheap though.

I'm with you 100%. But I won't be lynching any cockneys until this is confirmed by the club.

Fair enough. Its nothing to do with cockneys or nationality with me, I just want someone whos a manager, whos fairly respectable, and who can keep us up in charge.

I would love if we were able to get someone longterm in now, someone decent, but I cant see it. I look forward to the chairmans explanation on offering Joe a long term contract in the press tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what he says.

bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision.

W T F ?!  :rant:

Fair enough. Its nothing to do with cockneys or nationality with me, I just want someone whos a manager, whos fairly respectable, and who can keep us up in charge.

I would love if we were able to get someone longterm in now, someone decent, but I cant see it. I look forward to the chairmans explanation on offering Joe a long term contract in the press tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what he says.

I can't wait either. And trust me....I don't want Kinnear anywhere near managing the first team. But this unfortunately is the reality. Again, all i'm saying, and this goes to Oldtype as well.....is wait for official word before you panic!!