BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

Just been out with a crowd of Wolves , Blues and Villa fans tonight . Had a serious discusion with them and not one of them thought that Ashley had the slightest interest in the future of NUFC.

I really hope im wrong about this but most outsiders can see that he dont give a flying f*** about our club

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

It has been a case of the press and TV deciding what the popular story would be and then sticking with it.

There has been no balance in the reporting, so it's no surprise that's what most people's think after watching TV and reading newspapers. Local TV reporting has been just as prejudiced.

I have spoken to people outside the NE who also assume that we're all part of a baying mob looking for Ashley's head and cockney blood. When I tell them that many supporters are not of that opinion at all and have a very different view on Ashley's involvement and Keegan's part in the club's turmoil they are quite surprised.

Just been out with a crowd of Wolves , Blues and Villa fans tonight . Had a serious discusion with them and not one of them thought that Ashley had the slightest interest in the future of NUFC.

I really hope im wrong about this but most outsiders can see that he dont give a flying f*** about our club

And how the f*** would they know?

Im not saying they do know but there all intelligent lads and there all proper football supporters and they all think Ashley is a joke .

Maybe there wrong and maybe im wrong (I hope so) but they all think Ashley doesnt want to be there and he's doing all he can to recoup every penny he's invested. I f***ing hope there wrong but it seems like that to me as well 

Fair play. I think there's a notable difference however between not caring for something (as you're suggesting), and caring for it but doing a poor job of it.

People mention Doug Ellis as an example from time to time, and Shepherd for that matter. Both had their issues and both messed up at times, but it wouldn't be fair to accuse either of not caring for their clubs. Ashley has for the most part shown himself not to have a clue, but I wouldn't for a minute accuse him of not caring for us. You don't put the money has he put in if you don't care about it. I felt he cared for us when he stood with the fans in the terraces but didn't have a hands-on approach to running the club, and I still feel he cares now he much more of a say in what goes on.

Yeah I know what your saying, I was standing 2 yards away from him at half time at coventry and at the time I thought great,  there he was in his newcastle top having a beer, but I just dont know anymore, was it genuine?   

Nah, the beer was lime fizz, he had dapper suit on underneath and would cackle at he evil genius every time yer back was turned.  :knuppel2:

Of course it was genuine, the big eejit believed he had people there to run the club and he was going to enjoy himself. Turned out running the club wasn't as easy as he thought though.

Anyone know what the aims of the rally is yet?

to protest

Committee member Neil Mitchell: "We're tired of the divisions within the fanbase.

"It feels like divide and rule, and these divisions are easily exploited by the club.

"There's only one way to bring everyone together, and that's through having a shared voice.

"We want to find common ground, and move forward. If the Supporters' Club can achieve that, then brilliant.

"The Everton rally is something we talked about before the meeting. We can't stand by and do nothing.

"We looked at the options we had, and we wanted to do something positive, and visible."

Guest optimistic nit

"It feels like divide and rule, and these divisions are easily exploited by the club" Ashley and his orc army are trying to divide us to erm... que?

"There's only one way to bring everyone together, and that's through having a shared voice." not if the shared voice is a monkey with a loudspeaker then it will just divide us more.

"We want to find common ground, and move forward. If the Supporters' Club can achieve that, then brilliant. The Everton rally is something we talked about before the meeting"  seems like he cant fathom that not all fans want the same thing he/they do.

"We can't stand by and do nothing" do nothing about what?

he doesn't expalin anywhere in there what this rally is about, and what its hoping to achieve (positive and visible in what context).

"It feels like divide and rule, and these divisions are easily exploited by the club" Ashley and his orc army are trying to divide us to erm... que?

"There's only one way to bring everyone together, and that's through having a shared voice." not if the shared voice is a monkey with a loudspeaker then it will just divide us more.

"We want to find common ground, and move forward. If the Supporters' Club can achieve that, then brilliant. The Everton rally is something we talked about before the meeting"  seems like he cant fathom that not all fans want the same thing he/they do.

he doesn't expalin anywhere in there what this rally is about, and what its hoping to achieve (positive and visible in what context).

Seems like you can't fathom that no organistion is going to be able to speak for EVERY member.  The whole point is to bring all those from either extreme into the middle ground where we have a shared moderate voice and both sides of the argument can be represented.  Rather than fans being more concerned with bickering amongst each other (lest we forget Keith), they need to be united in support of the club.

to protest

Committee member Neil Mitchell: "We're tired of the divisions within the fanbase.

"It feels like divide and rule, and these divisions are easily exploited by the club.

"There's only one way to bring everyone together, and that's through having a shared voice.

"We want to find common ground, and move forward. If the Supporters' Club can achieve that, then brilliant.

"The Everton rally is something we talked about before the meeting. We can't stand by and do nothing.

"We looked at the options we had, and we wanted to do something positive, and visible."

It's all very well claiming that NUSC want to work with the club, but the tone is still very much "them and us". I just don't see what it will achieve other than ramp up the hostility.

Seems like you can't fathom that no organistion is going to be able to speak for EVERY member.  The whole point is to bring all those from either extreme into the middle ground where we have a shared moderate voice and both sides of the argument can be represented.  Rather than fans being more concerned with bickering amongst each other (lest we forget Keith), they need to be united in support of the club.

Which by itself is fair enough. Yet I still don't see the point in this rally.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

It has been a case of the press and TV deciding what the popular story would be and then sticking with it.

There has been no balance in the reporting, so it's no surprise that's what most people's think after watching TV and reading newspapers. Local TV reporting has been just as prejudiced.

I have spoken to people outside the NE who also assume that we're all part of a baying mob looking for Ashley's head and cockney blood. When I tell them that many supporters are not of that opinion at all and have a very different view on Ashley's involvement and Keegan's part in the club's turmoil they are quite surprised.

I'm not surprised, as you gave a false impression. Do they really think the "majority" of fans are behind a bloke who is going to relegate the club ? Are they the same people who booed the regime who gave us regular european football at Alan Shearers testimonial in front of a worldwise audience. The embarrassing thing is some of us are associated with by virtue of "supporting" the same clubs as these mongs. No wonder they "laugh at us".

Surely the point of all this is that the NUSC are not happy with what has happened, and is happening at the club, and voicing their protest. Whereas in the other corner we have those who are condemning them as they feel everything is just fine  :idiot2:

to protest

It's all very well claiming that NUSC want to work with the club, but the tone is still very much "them and us". I just don't see what it will achieve other than ramp up the hostility.

I get the impression the NUSC would prefer it to be us and us, but them haven't been forthcoming....

Their initial approach was not in the correct tone*.

They are a small group

They are charging a subscription fee which was a bit strange to us.

We don’t want to talk about Kevin Keegan, which is an issue they will insist talking about.

They are a small group

They are given more credence than they deserve.

*The tone was....

Dear Mr. Ashley and Mr. Llambias,

Newcastle United Supporters Club was formed in the aftermath of protests at the football club’s game against Hull City earlier this season. There is no purpose in repeating the issues that lead to those protests, many of the issues about which fans felt so angry are still very much alive.

Our clear aim, supported by members at public meetings, has been to strive for positive change at Newcastle United.  We were when we were founded, and remain, the only body open to Newcastle united supporters throughout the world. We seek to have their voices heard.

We are not “rabble rousers”, we are not “trouble-makers”. We are long standing, long suffering, supporters of Newcastle United. We want a positive future for our team, and the football club. Currently the future is uncertain and our survival as a Premiership team is in doubt.

Currently a wall of silence surrounds St. James’ Park. Tit-bits of information, many of them shown to be inaccurate, incomplete or just plain wrong, have made their way into the local and national media. The fans of Newcastle United deserve better than that.

We are grown up people, we can understand commercial realities, and the truth about the football club’s position and your efforts to sell the club might be painful, but they are not beyond our understanding. 

We firmly believe that dialogue between the club and the fans is essential, in good times and in bad. It would help the club, and might help you, if you were to talk to us. We are ready, willing and able to meet you. What have you got to lose?

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/statement-1912.php

What's wrong with the tone?

It's a means of pretending that moaning a lot is actually "doing something" constructive.

you mean like when you emailed that cockney journalist to dish the dirt on the club you say you support ?

It's a means of pretending that moaning a lot is actually "doing something" constructive.

you mean like when you emailed that cockney journalist to dish the dirt on the club you say you support ?

Freddy Shepherd does not equal Newcastle United.

Whereas in the other corner we have those who are condemning them as they feel everything is just fine  :idiot2:

Get yourself to your local opticians. No-one feels everything is just fine.

why are you pretending that you do then ?

It's for people like you.  Who see the NUSC as a destructive splinter group.  To win you over so we're all pushing in the same direction.

sorry, but we are talking about MIke Ashley now, so don't derail the thread. I'm just pointing out to mandiarse that he has "moaned" himself too.

Whereas in the other corner we have those who are condemning them as they feel everything is just fine  :idiot2:

Point me in the direction of me pretending everything is just fine.

sorry, but we are talking about MIke Ashley now, so don't derail the thread. I'm just pointing out to mandiarse that he has "moaned" himself too.

:lol:

You must be joking.

It's for people like you.  Who see the NUSC as a destructive splinter group.  To win you over so we're all pushing in the same direction.

Point me in the direction of me calling them that? I support the idea of a supporter's club, I agree with some elements of them and I disagree with other elements. I didn't agree much at all with their initial methods and statements, they seem to have improved in that regard since, so fair play to them.

Not a great deal, but that's not the initial approach.

What is?  The one where they threaten boycottery and that?  i can't find it.

Off the top of my head: the initial statements, that countdown clock, that ridiculous Christmas poem.

well, do you agree with the protest or not ?

How can I when I don't know the aims of it?

Guest VegasToon

How can I when I don't know the aims of it?

:clap: