BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

"It feels like divide and rule, and these divisions are easily exploited by the club" Ashley and his orc army are trying to divide us to erm... que?

"There's only one way to bring everyone together, and that's through having a shared voice." not if the shared voice is a monkey with a loudspeaker then it will just divide us more.

"We want to find common ground, and move forward. If the Supporters' Club can achieve that, then brilliant. The Everton rally is something we talked about before the meeting"  seems like he cant fathom that not all fans want the same thing he/they do.

"We can't stand by and do nothing" do nothing about what?

he doesn't expalin anywhere in there what this rally is about, and what its hoping to achieve (positive and visible in what context).

Seems like you can't fathom that no organistion is going to be able to speak for EVERY member.  The whole point is to bring all those from either extreme into the middle ground where we have a shared moderate voice and both sides of the argument can be represented.  Rather than fans being more concerned with bickering amongst each other (lest we forget Keith), they need to be united in support of the club.

Which by itself is fair enough. Yet I still don't see the point in this rally.

It's for people like you.  Who see the NUSC as a destructive splinter group.  To win you over so we're all pushing in the same direction.

I don't see any direction to push in, that is the problem. We can rally, we can protest, but we can't force Ashley to spend money in the way we want (because it's his money) , and we can't force someone else to buy the club and show him how it's done (because there isn't anyone).

That means the only "direction" is to protest loudly without any solution. What is the point of that other than to give players an excuse to lose morale?

Anyone know what the aims of the rally is yet?

to protest

Committee member Neil Mitchell: "We're tired of the divisions within the fanbase.

"It feels like divide and rule, and these divisions are easily exploited by the club.

"There's only one way to bring everyone together, and that's through having a shared voice.

"We want to find common ground, and move forward. If the Supporters' Club can achieve that, then brilliant.

"The Everton rally is something we talked about before the meeting. We can't stand by and do nothing.

"We looked at the options we had, and we wanted to do something positive, and visible."

Jesus fucking Christ, that's pathetic.

Guest toonlass

Whereas in the other corner we have those who are condemning them as they feel everything is just fine  :idiot2:

Get yourself to your local opticians. No-one feels everything is just fine.

why are you pretending that you do then ?

Point me in the direction of me pretending everything is just fine.

well, do you agree with the protest or not ?

How can I when I don't know the aims of it?

:clap:

Not a great deal, but that's not the initial approach.

What is?  The one where they threaten boycottery and that?  i can't find it.

Off the top of my head: the initial statements, that countdown clock, that ridiculous Christmas poem.

Those weren't sent to  the club when the approach was made.

I see what you mean, but I think those things only reflect the contempt those running the club have shown fans.

"It feels like divide and rule, and these divisions are easily exploited by the club" Ashley and his orc army are trying to divide us to erm... que?

"There's only one way to bring everyone together, and that's through having a shared voice." not if the shared voice is a monkey with a loudspeaker then it will just divide us more.

"We want to find common ground, and move forward. If the Supporters' Club can achieve that, then brilliant. The Everton rally is something we talked about before the meeting"  seems like he cant fathom that not all fans want the same thing he/they do.

he doesn't expalin anywhere in there what this rally is about, and what its hoping to achieve (positive and visible in what context).

Seems like you can't fathom that no organistion is going to be able to speak for EVERY member.  The whole point is to bring all those from either extreme into the middle ground where we have a shared moderate voice and both sides of the argument can be represented.  Rather than fans being more concerned with bickering amongst each other (lest we forget Keith), they need to be united in support of the club.

Which by itself is fair enough. Yet I still don't see the point in this rally.

It's for people like you.  Who see the NUSC as a destructive splinter group.  To win you over so we're all pushing in the same direction.

I don't see any direction to push in, that is the problem. We can rally, we can protest, but we can't force Ashley to spend money in the way we want (because it's his money) , and we can't force someone else to buy the club and show him how it's done (because there isn't anyone).

That means the only "direction" is to protest loudly without any solution. What is the point of that other than to give players an excuse to lose morale?

The NUSC are applying pressure simply by having meetings and garnering the press coverage as it has done so far.

There doesn't need to be boycotts or booing, just constant pressure on those running the club to do better.

Doing nothing is to give your tacit approval to those in power.

Whatever they communicated directly to Ashley et al, the aforementioned statements etc cloud whatever was reasonable and fair about their official approach/es. It's all well and good approaching the regime directly and being civilised about it, but not so much when you're indirectly attacking them in such a manner. They're entitled to do what they want really but such methods were only going to be counter-productive. I think the tone of them wasn't right, and I imagine Llambias was aware of such a tone. If they've moved on past that then good on them.

Whatever they communicated directly to Ashley et al, the aforementioned statements etc cloud whatever was reasonable and fair about their official approach/es. It's all well and good approaching the regime directly and being civilised about it, but not so much when you're indirectly attacking them in such a manner. They're entitled to do what they want really but such methods were only going to be counter-productive. I think the tone of them wasn't right, and I imagine Llambias was aware of such a tone. If they've moved on past that then good on them.

I've said elsewhere some of the stuff they've come out with didn't sit right with me.  But for every one of us, there's a member exasperated with the softly softly approach and how toothless the NUSC are being.

I'd not condemn the efforts of everyone involved off the back of a couple of perceived mis-steps. 

Remember also, that before the NUSC said a word Ashley suggested Newcastle fans would assault his children in an official statement, so nobody is blameless.

I've said elsewhere some of the stuff they've come out with didn't sit right with me.  But for every one of us, there's a member exasperated with the softly softly approach and how toothless the NUSC are being.

I'd not condemn the efforts of everyone involved off the back of a couple of perceived mis-steps. 

Remember also, that before the NUSC said a word Ashley suggested Newcastle fans would assault his children in an official statement, so nobody is blameless.

I wasn't condemning the efforts of everyone involved. They were statements made either by or on behalf of the NUSC though. I've never condemned every member of the NUSC individually but as a singular institution I am entitled to criticise them. It's a group of fans, none of them are really going to share the exact same viewpoints.

It's not that I'm against them as such, and I try to look at every step they make on its own individual merits as opposed to condemning it based on what they've done previously. I've said on here and elsewhere that I support their t-shirt initiative and if they came out and laid out the aims of the rally I might even be in some form of support of that too.

And yes, I agree, no-one is blameless. The NUSC, for all their efforts, are not a major organisation and as such their faults and mistakes are minor in terms of significance and impact in comparison to those of Ashley.

Just been out with a crowd of Wolves , Blues and Villa fans tonight . Had a serious discusion with them and not one of them thought that Ashley had the slightest interest in the future of NUFC.

I really hope im wrong about this but most outsiders can see that he dont give a flying f*** about our club

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

It has been a case of the press and TV deciding what the popular story would be and then sticking with it.

There has been no balance in the reporting, so it's no surprise that's what most people's think after watching TV and reading newspapers. Local TV reporting has been just as prejudiced.

I have spoken to people outside the NE who also assume that we're all part of a baying mob looking for Ashley's head and cockney blood. When I tell them that many supporters are not of that opinion at all and have a very different view on Ashley's involvement and Keegan's part in the club's turmoil they are quite surprised.

I'm not surprised, as you gave a false impression. Do they really think the "majority" of fans are behind a bloke who is going to relegate the club ? Are they the same people who booed the regime who gave us regular european football at Alan Shearers testimonial in front of a worldwise audience. The embarrassing thing is some of us are associated with by virtue of "supporting" the same clubs as these mongs. No wonder they "laugh at us".

I'm not really sure what you mean or what you're saying.

I think you're a decent bloke and undoubtedly a passionate Newcastle fan, but like some other NUSC supporters I think that your anti-Ashley obsession has become so irrational that you will be disappointed if we DON'T get relegated - as you think that will vindicate your opinion.

That is really sad.

Anyone know what the aims of the rally is yet?

It's a means of pretending that moaning a lot is actually "doing something" constructive.

you mean like when you emailed that cockney journalist to dish the dirt on the club you say you support ?

You're confusing me with the NUSC.

Guest toonlass

The rally might not even be on for all we know. As Indi so rightly pointed out, there is nothing on NUSC's website to say that a rally is happening.

Guest optimistic nit

then why orginise a rally if you're trying to attain the middle ground.

Guest VegasToon

Michael Martin, who organised the first meeting, also stressed the need to carry on the action.

He said: “It’s the whole point of this club to pressure Ashley to sell.

“We have got to make a stand. If we don’t have the boycott then we haven’t got a campaign.”

Michael Martin, who organised the first meeting, also stressed the need to carry on the action.

He said: “It’s the whole point of this club to pressure Ashley to sell.

“We have got to make a stand. If we don’t have the boycott then we haven’t got a campaign.”

tell the cunt to fuck the right hell off!

I've read some of the press statements and website stuff and some of it is good, well thought out and argues their case well. Some of it though just sounds like stampy-feet kids.

Taking a hard line against the club will get you nowhere, persisting in rallies/protests/boycotts/etc gives the club the ideal opportunity to ignore and dismiss the NUSC as just an angry one-trick mob who can't and don't want to be reasoned with.

What you need to do is make them 'have' to take you seriously by going for the moral high ground, be rational and measured in your press and website releases. This may not please the NUSC's hard-liners, but it'll give you a much better chance of success than carrying on with this present agenda.

In any negogiations, as this is what it is - you want to meet with them, they don't want anything to do with you, you've got to leave the other party room to manoeuvre and also be prepared to reassess what you want to achieve.

Also, looks like taking the hard line approach isn't doing much for membership. Me, for one would join a Newcastle United Supporters Club, but not this one, just yet.

Just my tuppence worth, lyke.

I've read some of the press statements and website stuff and some of it is good, well thought out and argues their case well. Some of it though just sounds like stampy-feet kids.

Taking a hard line against the club will get you nowhere, persisting in rallies/protests/boycotts/etc gives the club the ideal opportunity to ignore and dismiss the NUSC as just an angry one-trick mob who can't and don't want to be reasoned with.

What you need to do is make them 'have' to take you seriously by going for the moral high ground, be rational and measured in your press and website releases. This may not please the NUSC's hard-liners, but it'll give you a much better chance of success than carrying on with this present agenda.

In any negogiations, as this is what it is - you want to meet with them, they don't want anything to do with you, you've got to leave the other party room to manoeuvre and also be prepared to reassess what you want to achieve.

Also, looks like taking the hard line approach isn't doing much for membership. Me, for one would join a Newcastle United Supporters Club, but not this one, just yet.

also in negotiations you need to have something to offer, a bargaining chip, and NUSC simply have nothing...they might if things go from bad to worse and they get a popular following but right now they are just stampy feet kids as you say

also in negotiations you need to have something to offer, a bargaining chip, and NUSC simply have nothing...they might if things go from bad to worse and they get a popular following but right now they are just stampy feet kids as you say

The so called NUSC really have nothing to offer. When the club changed hands the new ownership activley tried to embrace organisations/publications/websites etc which they felt represented fans to try and achieve a broader forum of views.

I'm sure if any organisation had sufficient credibility (and fan's backing) they'd talk to them still.

NUSC was set up with a confrontational and insulting agenda against the owner and senior management. They then ask/demand that those they insulted open the doors and let them in for a chat. It wasn't the smartest of strategies if indeed it was a strategy at all.

Were the powers at NUFC to grant their wish for a meeting it would give NUSC the credibility they lack and no doubt help the egos of their failing leadership, but it won't happen.

They hijacked a name which they should NOT be using as they are anything but representative of fans.

If there is a desire to have a fan's representative organisation with a broad agenda, who the club and fans will take seriously, then the joke NUSC needs to be dissolved and a properly organised and "professional" body capable of serious dialogue set up in their place.

The so called NUSC

That's definitley what they're called.

really have nothing to offer. When the club changed hands the new ownership activley tried to embrace organisations/publications/websites etc which they felt represented fans to try and achieve a broader forum of views.

I'm sure if any organisation had sufficient credibility (and fan's backing) they'd talk to them still.

No, the new chairman did.  He's long gone. And Llambias himself has said, once Mort left the MD and the owner made a conscious decision to keep away from the limelight.

NUSC was set up with a confrontational and insulting agenda against the owner and senior management. They then ask/demand that those they insulted open the doors and let them in for a chat. It wasn't the smartest of strategies if indeed it was a strategy at all.

Were the powers at NUFC to grant their wish for a meeting it would give NUSC the credibility they lack and no doubt help the egos of their failing leadership, but it won't happen.

They hijacked a name which they should NOT be using as they are anything but representative of fans.

If there is a desire to have a fan's representative organisation with a broad agenda, who the club and fans will take seriously, then the joke NUSC needs to be dissolved and a properly organised and "professional" body capable of serious dialogue set up in their place.

Why don't you put in the time and effort to set up the alternative then?  I don't see how dissolving and then setting up an identical organisation under a different name will make any difference whatsoever.

Professional?  You think there's going to be enough paying members to employ a full time staff who do it for anything but their love of the club?

They should have got their initial anger and their immediate actions based purely on that out of their systems by now. They should by now have started to wise up with better PR etc. Approached the club explaining why they felt the need to start up, what they hope to evolve into (a true NUFC supporters club for all fans) and offering to hear what the club has to say with no strings attached.

Its not so much what they have to offer now (little), but what they could offer in future ie working 'with' the club.

Basically leave the torches and pitchforks at home and use the softly-softly approach.

They should have got their initial anger and their immediate actions based purely on that out of their systems by now. They should by now have started to wise up with better PR etc. Approached the club explaining why they felt the need to start up, what they hope to evolve into (a true NUFC supporters club for all fans) and offering to hear what the club has to say with no strings attached.

Its not so much what they have to offer now (little), but what they could offer in future ie working 'with' the club.

Basically leave the torches and pitchforks at home and use the softly-softly approach.

I'm running out of tissues here!!  :cheesy:

Whats the matter, the sting from your molotov cocktail a bit strong?

Whats the matter, the sting from your molotov cocktail a bit strong?

mackems.gif

The so called NUSC

That's definitley what they're called.

really have nothing to offer. When the club changed hands the new ownership activley tried to embrace organisations/publications/websites etc which they felt represented fans to try and achieve a broader forum of views.

No, the new chairman did.  He's long gone. And Llambias himself has said, once Mort left the MD and the owner made a conscious decision to keep away from the limelight.

Why don't you put in the time and effort to set up the alternative then?  I don't see how dissolving and then setting up an identical organisation under a different name will make any difference whatsoever.

Professional?  You think there's going to be enough paying members to employ a full time staff who do it for anything but their love of the club?

Your anti-Ashley obsession is making you get carried away, you should read the post before replying.

To answer your points.

1) They are indeed called the NUSC - however they hijacked the name and in no way represent the majority of "Newcastle supporters"  so they should not call themselves a name which implies they do.

2) Mort was Ashley's direct appointment and chief executive when the ownership changed. He must therefore be considered part of the "new ownership" at that time.

3) Professional ?  You obviously missed the inverted commas on "professional" which implied a professional approach rather than paid management. Just as the "amateurish" way they behave at present can imply something other than "not paid"

Just been out with a crowd of Wolves , Blues and Villa fans tonight . Had a serious discusion with them and not one of them thought that Ashley had the slightest interest in the future of NUFC.

I really hope im wrong about this but most outsiders can see that he dont give a flying f*** about our club

It has been a case of the press and TV deciding what the popular story would be and then sticking with it.

There has been no balance in the reporting, so it's no surprise that's what most people's think after watching TV and reading newspapers. Local TV reporting has been just as prejudiced.

I have spoken to people outside the NE who also assume that we're all part of a baying mob looking for Ashley's head and cockney blood. When I tell them that many supporters are not of that opinion at all and have a very different view on Ashley's involvement and Keegan's part in the club's turmoil they are quite surprised.

I'm not surprised, as you gave a false impression. Do they really think the "majority" of fans are behind a bloke who is going to relegate the club ? Are they the same people who booed the regime who gave us regular european football at Alan Shearers testimonial in front of a worldwise audience. The embarrassing thing is some of us are associated with by virtue of "supporting" the same clubs as these mongs. No wonder they "laugh at us".

I think you're a decent bloke and undoubtedly a passionate Newcastle fan, but like some other NUSC supporters I think that your anti-Ashley obsession has become so irrational that you will be disappointed if we DON'T get relegated - as you think that will vindicate your opinion.

That is really sad.

now mate. NOBODY, NOBODY who supports the football club wants them to get relegated. Do you seriously think that having paid up front for 3 seasons I want to see the club get relegated again ?

THAT is very, very sad indeed, from someone as old as yourself who has seen this club through some really shit times and don't want them back again, and no the club isn't that bad - yet.

I see you are now labelling anybody who wants Ashley out as "obsessed"............

That is really sad.

now mate. NOBODY, NOBODY who supports the football club wants them to get relegated. Do you seriously think that having paid up front for 3 seasons I want to see the club get relegated again ?

THAT is very, very sad indeed, from someone as old as yourself who has seen this club through some really s*** times and don't want them back again, and no the club isn't that bad - yet.

I see you are now labelling anybody who wants Ashley out as "obsessed"............

Can I ask, and it's a serious question which you may have answered in some other post, I don't know i don't read all your posts, but will you continue to go if we do get relegated ?