BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

Completely agree.

Yes, people have 'the right' to protest, whatever that really means - but that doesn't mean we have to just accept their actions without criticism. IMO this rally is completely idiotic and the timing is horrible.

We just got our first win for ages on the board, confidence might be on the up, the manager is in hospital awaiting critical surgery and the best we can do is hang around the monument providing the tabloids with more shit to print about Newcastle.

Let's just hope not many people actually turn up.

How did you make so many para's out of total misinformed nonsense?

Guest SellSholaFor1M

Of course not Parky, they just want Ashley out, that is their only agenda!

Howay man get with the protocol, you know how the muppets on this forum work.

Guest The Libertine

what positive things did the last protest/boycoutt in september achieve? i cant think of anything that made it worthwhile.

Our team is struggling against it's worst ever injury crisis and some terrible refereeing decisions, our manager is in hospital awaiting heart surgery, our senior management team are desperately trying to create some stability and we have 13 of the most important games in our history coming up.  So what do the so called "Newcastle United Supporters Club" do - they organise a protest march to be played out for the benefit of TV cameras and the London based tabloids immediately before an important game.  You just couldn't make it up !

Does anyone suppose the supporters of West Brom, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Tottenham, Bolton, Sunderland or anyone else may be contemplating doing the same ? Not likely - they'll be supporting their teams as normal and having (yet another) laugh at our expense.

No doubt the protest march will attract the usual self important rent-a-quotes and (non match attending) slack jawed charvas to grin, sing and provide the usual soundbites for the nation's amusement. Sky TV and certain hacks must be salivating at the prospect already.

Could I suggest that instead of a distracting protest march, Newcastle fans do something REALLY extraordinary like getting to the stadium 15 minutes early and creating a rocking atmosphere to help our team win a match which will be the first of 13 "cup finals" we will play between now and the end of the season.

Our team is struggling due to lack of investment.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

what positive things did the last protest/boycoutt in september achieve? i cant think of anything that made it worthwhile.

So when you go out and fail to tap a boiler, you never ever go back out?

Myopia is NUSC's biggest challenge, poor bastards haven't got a chance.

NUSC wil have going on 1200 fee paying members within the next few weeks.

LambKebabarse already seems niggled by it.

Truth hurts.

Guest The Libertine

So when you go out and fail to tap a boiler, you never ever go back out?

Myopia is NUSC's biggest challenge, poor bastards haven't got a chance.

terrible, terrible analogy. didnt answer the question either i see.

Guest The Libertine

Truth hurts.

oh. to "appear to niggle someone" is worth all this. yay NUSC.

I fail to see how a group of FANS voicing their opinion in a socially acceptable way is going to hurt the team's performances.

You lot remind me of my fellow countrymen

"Are you pleased with the way the country's being run?"

"Fuck no, I don't have anything to eat"

"Why don't you join the protest then?"

"Because nothing will change"

Such people boil my piss and deserve anything they get.

Truth hurts.

Worth all what?

I fail to see how a group of FANS voicing their opinion in a socially acceptable way is going to hurt the team's performances.

You lot remind me of my fellow countrymen

"Are you pleased with the way the country's being run?"

"Fuck no, I don't have anything to eat"

"Why don't you join the protest then?"

"Because nothing will change"

...and they're getting it.

What is the protest for?  To get Ashley out, he tried selling the club and couldn't, are these people that retarded they don't realise a recession is going on,  Billionaires are now millionaires, just like Ashley.  He tried selling it but couldn't do you want him to give away half of his worth for nowt, would you?

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the f***ing saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond f***ing stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

He could sell it if he wasnt wanting so much for it and if he continues to run it the way he is, the price is only going to come down.

The NUSC claim to speak on behalf of the fans, they'll speak on behalf of their members, so why not join up and give them yours?

I applaud them for doing what they're doing, but they're destined to fail because there are too many halfwits, too many opinions and too many people who are now apathetic.

NUSC ignore what you say unless you agree with exactly what they say, whenever people say anything other than Ashley out, cockney mafia, wise is evil etc they ignore you.  I am not happy about the way the club is run, but I'm clever enough to realise protesting against the clubs management when we are in the most dire straights since the late 80s early 90s is not sensible until we are safe.

Like I said I'm not pro-Ashley, but he tried to sell and would have taken what he paid, but that didn't come along, the bloke is in danger of losing all his money in this current financial climate, he needs as much as he can get for the club.

What is the protest for?  To get Ashley out, he tried selling the club and couldn't, are these people that retarded they don't realise a recession is going on,  Billionaires are now millionaires, just like Ashley.  He tried selling it but couldn't do you want him to give away half of his worth for nowt, would you?

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the f***ing saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond f***ing stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

He could sell it if he wasnt wanting so much for it and if he continues to run it the way he is, the price is only going to come down.

The NUSC claim to speak on behalf of the fans, they'll speak on behalf of their members, so why not join up and give them yours?

I applaud them for doing what they're doing, but they're destined to fail because there are too many halfwits, too many opinions and too many people who are now apathetic.

NUSC ignore what you say unless you agree with exactly what they say, whenever people say anything other than Ashley out, cockney mafia, wise is evil etc they ignore you.  I am not happy about the way the club is run, but I'm clever enough to realise protesting against the clubs management when we are in the most dire straights since the late 80s early 90s is not sensible until we are safe.

Like I said I'm not pro-Ashley, but he tried to sell and would have taken what he paid, but that didn't come along, the bloke is in danger of losing all his money in this current financial climate, he needs as much as he can get for the club.

Strange they should hold open meetings then.

Agree 100% with the opening post. NUSC have got a right to protest, and a right to have their say but not at this stage of the season. Organise one for the final game and no-one will complain. This protest is about getting media coverage to put pressure onto Mike, which is fair enough if theres a positive outcome, but at this stage we cant buy any new players, we cant get a new owner, and we cant change the manager because hes on the sick, and the club have already opened dialogue with the fans, what more can you expect at the moment?

Cancel the protest. Support the Team.

But what if my belief is that the protests will be harmful and futile? Then surely I would be sticking to my principles much more by not attending?

To be honest I'm not bothered if I come across as one of those people that 'boil your piss' or not, my reasons for thinking the protest is a bad idea are clear.

Another example, shared by NUSC it seems, of the basic assumption that everyone must want Ashley out.

I'm not staying away from protesting because I want Ashley out but think the protest won't work. I'm staying away because I want to give him a chance to make things work.

Guest The Libertine

Truth hurts.

Worth all what?

protesting, boycoutting, £10-a-head membership join to a very poorly run pressure group, general embarrassment for the majority of fans.

not really worth an "apparent niggle".

Truth hurts.

Worth all what?

protesting, boycoutting, £10-a-head membership join to a very poorly run pressure group, general embarrassment for the majority of fans.

It was my idea to make it a £10. Keep the rif raff out.

Very funny, you know there is a small group of them that pretty much decide everything,  I agree with some of their views but not in the way the operate.

But what if my belief is that the protests will be harmful and futile? Then surely I would be sticking to my principles much more by not attending?

To be honest I'm not bothered if I come across as one of those people that 'boil your piss' or not, my reasons for thinking the protest is a bad idea are clear.

Another example, shared by NUSC it seems, of the basic assumption that everyone must want Ashley out.

I'm not staying away from protesting because I want Ashley out but think the protest won't work. I'm staying away because I want to give him a chance to make things work.

Where are you getting the idea they think EVERYONE wants Ashley out?

Very funny, you know there is a small group of them that pretty much decide everything,  I agree with some of their views but not in the way the operate.

Join and then you can vote on what they decide. Simple really.

Guest The Libertine

Truth hurts.

Worth all what?

bad idea, as it would seem you need all the "omg boycoutt" charvers you can get.

So someone explain what this rally is hoping to achieve, other than merely expressing a sense of frustrated victimhood?

Looks lke you already know the ans.

So you think the towering intellects guiding the actions of the NUSC have said to themselves, "Let's get together and express our sense of frustrated victimhood and then everything will improve"?

Truth hurts.

Worth all what?

bad idea, as it would seem you need all the "omg boycoutt" charvers you can get.

Think very highly of yourself don't you?