BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

So someone explain what this rally is hoping to achieve, other than merely expressing a sense of frustrated victimhood?

Looks lke you already know the ans.

So you think the towering intellects guiding the actions of the NUSC have said to themselves, "Let's get together and express our sense of frustrated victimhood and then everything will improve"?

No it's what you're saying.

What is the protest for?  To get Ashley out, he tried selling the club and couldn't, are these people that retarded they don't realise a recession is going on,  Billionaires are now millionaires, just like Ashley.  He tried selling it but couldn't do you want him to give away half of his worth for nowt, would you?

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the f***ing saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond f***ing stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

He could sell it if he wasnt wanting so much for it and if he continues to run it the way he is, the price is only going to come down.

The NUSC claim to speak on behalf of the fans, they'll speak on behalf of their members, so why not join up and give them yours?

I applaud them for doing what they're doing, but they're destined to fail because there are too many halfwits, too many opinions and too many people who are now apathetic.

NUSC ignore what you say unless you agree with exactly what they say, whenever people say anything other than Ashley out, cockney mafia, wise is evil etc they ignore you.  I am not happy about the way the club is run, but I'm clever enough to realise protesting against the clubs management when we are in the most dire straights since the late 80s early 90s is not sensible until we are safe.

Like I said I'm not pro-Ashley, but he tried to sell and would have taken what he paid, but that didn't come along, the bloke is in danger of losing all his money in this current financial climate, he needs as much as he can get for the club.

Strange they should hold open meetings then.

Very funny, you know there is a small group of them that pretty much decide everything,  I agree with some of their views but not in the way the operate.

Join and then you can vote on what they decide. Simple really.

Why would I want to join a  group with views that oppose some of my own?  It would be like joining an anti-hunting lobby when I like hunting.  Are you a member?

what positive things did the last protest/boycoutt in september achieve? i cant think of anything that made it worthwhile.

NUSC wil have going on 1200 fee paying members within the next few weeks.

LambKebabarse already seems niggled by it.

Truth hurts.

I am not a member but it amazes me the people that are so against it give this so called small group such credence.

Guest The Libertine

what positive things did the last protest/boycoutt in september achieve? i cant think of anything that made it worthwhile.

Truth hurts.

oh. to "appear to niggle someone" is worth all this. yay NUSC.

Worth all what?

protesting, boycoutting, £10-a-head membership join to a very poorly run pressure group, general embarrassment for the majority of fans.

not really worth an "apparent niggle".

It was my idea to make it a £10. Keep the rif raff out.

bad idea, as it would seem you need all the "omg boycoutt" charvers you can get.

Think very highly of yourself don't you?

i could say likewise. still though, back to my original question....

Say, I don't know, 2,500 turn up at this protest that is planned for a week on Sunday.

The say conservatively 500 of them were never going to the match anyway.

That leaves 2,000 out of say 50,000 going to the match, which means 96% have ignored the calls of NUSC to protest.  Will NUSC look at a different means of getting their point across?

Guest The Libertine

Say, I don't know, 2,500 turn up at this protest that is planned for a week on Sunday.

That leaves 2,000 out of say 50,000 going to the match, which means 96% have ignored the calls of NUSC to protest.  Will NUSC look at a different means of getting their point across?

i will be fairly astonished if 2,500 people turn up for it. it just seems so half arsed like the SBR day.

decent point though.

Truth hurts.

I am not a member but it amazes me the people that are so against it give this so called small group such credence.

I'm against due to the publicity they have managed to generate in the national press which make the club again look like a joke.

I won't pay to join because nobody has as yet shown me what happens to all the funds.

Truth hurts.

Makes one wonder as to peoples motivations.

What is the protest for?  To get Ashley out, he tried selling the club and couldn't, are these people that retarded they don't realise a recession is going on,  Billionaires are now millionaires, just like Ashley.  He tried selling it but couldn't do you want him to give away half of his worth for nowt, would you?

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the f***ing saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond f***ing stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

He could sell it if he wasnt wanting so much for it and if he continues to run it the way he is, the price is only going to come down.

The NUSC claim to speak on behalf of the fans, they'll speak on behalf of their members, so why not join up and give them yours?

I applaud them for doing what they're doing, but they're destined to fail because there are too many halfwits, too many opinions and too many people who are now apathetic.

NUSC ignore what you say unless you agree with exactly what they say, whenever people say anything other than Ashley out, cockney mafia, wise is evil etc they ignore you.  I am not happy about the way the club is run, but I'm clever enough to realise protesting against the clubs management when we are in the most dire straights since the late 80s early 90s is not sensible until we are safe.

Like I said I'm not pro-Ashley, but he tried to sell and would have taken what he paid, but that didn't come along, the bloke is in danger of losing all his money in this current financial climate, he needs as much as he can get for the club.

Strange they should hold open meetings then.

Very funny, you know there is a small group of them that pretty much decide everything,  I agree with some of their views but not in the way the operate.

Join and then you can vote on what they decide. Simple really.

Why would I want to join a  group with views that oppose some of my own?  It would be like joining an anti-hunting lobby when I like hunting.  Are you a member?

What views of yours do they oppose?

i will be fairly astonished if 2,500 people turn up for it. it just seems so half arsed like the SBR day.

decent point though.

As will I.  I'm going to copy the question into the NUSC thread as it's possibly more appropriate there.

Well it's only just started.

Agree 100% with the opening post. NUSC have got a right to protest, and a right to have their say but not at this stage of the season. Organise one for the final game and no-one will complain. This protest is about getting media coverage to put pressure onto Mike, which is fair enough if theres a positive outcome, but at this stage we cant buy any new players, we cant get a new owner, and we cant change the manager because hes on the sick, and the club have already opened dialogue with the fans, what more can you expect at the moment?

Cancel the protest. Support the Team.

Irony?

Is that a yes or a no? :dontknow:

Truth hurts.

I'm against due to the publicity they have managed to generate in the national press which make the club again look like a joke.

I won't pay to join because nobody has as yet shown me what happens to all the funds.

How do articles by serious sports writers in broadsheets like the Times and Telegraph make the club look like a joke?

The articles seemed pretty supportive.

Have you read them?

Pontificating isn't really a question.

Our team is struggling against it's worst ever injury crisis and some terrible refereeing decisions, our manager is in hospital awaiting heart surgery, our senior management team are desperately trying to create some stability and we have 13 of the most important games in our history coming up.  So what do the so called "Newcastle United Supporters Club" do - they organise a protest march to be played out for the benefit of TV cameras and the London based tabloids immediately before an important game.  You just couldn't make it up !

Does anyone suppose the supporters of West Brom, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Tottenham, Bolton, Sunderland or anyone else may be contemplating doing the same ? Not likely - they'll be supporting their teams as normal and having (yet another) laugh at our expense.

No doubt the protest march will attract the usual self important rent-a-quotes and (non match attending) slack jawed charvas to grin, sing and provide the usual soundbites for the nation's amusement. Sky TV and certain hacks must be salivating at the prospect already.

Could I suggest that instead of a distracting protest march, Newcastle fans do something REALLY extraordinary like getting to the stadium 15 minutes early and creating a rocking atmosphere to help our team win a match which will be the first of 13 "cup finals" we will play between now and the end of the season.

Our team is struggling due to lack of investment.

Why not lobby Greggs to pitch in and buy a stake in Newcastle? Or Freddie Shepherd...I hear he walked away with a few million surely local investors will rally to provide funds for squad strengthening?

Truth hurts.

How do articles by serious sports writers in broadsheets like the Times and Telegraph make the club look like a joke?

Have you read them?

because they continue to throw this view across that all Newcastle fans want this and want Ashly out and hate everything that is going on at the club, backing it up with views from certain members of NUSC. It makes me wonder if they have a spokesperson for the club and if they do how are they doing there job so badly ? Publicity for the club is great and the supporters club is great if it shows how the supporters club is influcing the club and allowing it to move forward. At the moment that isn't happening.

my question however was to do with funding.

Agree 100% with the opening post. NUSC have got a right to protest, and a right to have their say but not at this stage of the season. Organise one for the final game and no-one will complain. This protest is about getting media coverage to put pressure onto Mike, which is fair enough if theres a positive outcome, but at this stage we cant buy any new players, we cant get a new owner, and we cant change the manager because hes on the sick, and the club have already opened dialogue with the fans, what more can you expect at the moment?

Cancel the protest. Support the Team.

Irony?

Ignorance?

Can you answer my question Parky ?

I'd like to join a Newcastle Supporters club but nobody is able to answer that question.

I suggest you ask them directly all you need to know.

I have the answer I got was to help promote the supporters club with leaflet drops etc. I'm happy enough with that but all finances should be wide open explaining every penny that goes into the club and where every penny goes and taxes paid on the money. Until then I wont join for fear of someone in the background pocketing a small fortune.

Pontificating isn't really a question.

And that's still not an answer. :thup:

If I ask it again a week on Monday when there are definate numbers might you consider answering?

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the fucking saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond fucking stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

Asset strip? ???  Do you know what asset stripping is?  These people you're referring to are so clever they don't even realise this club is in financial meltdown.  They seem to think every penny they put into the club should be free to spend on players.  "Where's the season ticket money gone".. its been used to pay Damien fucking Duff you cretin!

Truth hurts.

Have you read them?

because they continue to throw this view across that all Newcastle fans want this and want Ashly out and hate everything that is going on at the club, backing it up with views from certain members of NUSC. It makes me wonder if they have a spokesperson for the club and if they do how are they doing there job so badly ? Publicity for the club is great and the supporters club is great if it shows how the supporters club is influcing the club and allowing it to move forward. At the moment that isn't happening.

my question however was to do with funding.

NUSC want to work with the current regime and as asked repeatedly for meetings and engagement.

The dynamic of groups such as this often starts with a core grievance (say Ashley out) but over time they develop into a group with broader ideas and objectives. I have no reason to doubt (and it is already happening) this will be the case with NUSC.

It is important also to have a wide range of opinions and they are welcomed. Ultimately it will represent the views of the members and the greater good of the club or it will fail.

Can you answer my question Parky ?

I'd like to join a Newcastle Supporters club but nobody is able to answer that question.

I suggest you ask them directly all you need to know.

I have the answer I got was to help promote the supporters club with leaflet drops etc. I'm happy enough with that but all finances should be wide open explaining every penny that goes into the club and where every penny goes and taxes paid on the money. Until then I wont join for fear of someone in the background pocketing a small fortune.

All finances will be made crystal clear. It's silly to alienate people on an issue which is so easily sorted.