BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

So someone explain what this rally is hoping to achieve, other than merely expressing a sense of frustrated victimhood?

Looks lke you already know the ans.

So you think the towering intellects guiding the actions of the NUSC have said to themselves, "Let's get together and express our sense of frustrated victimhood and then everything will improve"?

No it's what you're saying.

Then perhaps you can provide us with your answer.

Guest toonlass

Parky, do you not think NUSC shot themselves in the foot with their aggressive attitude towards Ashley, and that was re-iterated when the "Media Spokesman" went on SSN and make a jackass of himself, again being highly critical of Ashley? Why the heck would anyone in a senior position at NUFC want to talk to NUSC when all they have heard is "We want Ashley out!" whenever they are in the media?

Scanning the thread it seems apparent that people are purposely misconstruing saturdays "RALLY" as a "PROTEST" in order to use it as a stick to bash the NUSC with.

here's the definition of a rally....

http://www.answers.com/rally

To rouse or revive from inactivity or decline

To show sudden improvement in health or spirits.

A gathering, especially one intended to inspire enthusiasm for a cause

An abrupt recovery from a setback or disadvantage

A sharp improvement in health, vigor, or spirits

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere that it's an "Ashley out" protest.  All I've seen are T-shirt ideas for with the sentiment that "NUSC love NUFC".  I've always seen it as a positive membership building move by the organisation and nothing to do with a specific point to be scored against anyone at the club.

Also, for anyone that thinks the NUSC have made us look a joke (Toontastic springs out) can you show me one piece of negative reporting about the NUSC?  For each one you find I can come back with Ashley downing a pint in the stands, getting pissed up in the Dubai or the US, claiming Kinnear is better than Capello etc.

Who's really making us look silly?

Why can't Ashley get pissed?  He was obviously taking the piss when he said Kinnear was better than Capello.

Ashley can get pissed.  Just not in the stands.

I'm certain his intentions are always the best.  I don't see Ashley as an evil mackem sent to destroy us.  He's just incompetent, and has got more people around the country laughing at us than anything the NUSC have done.

Why can't the NUSC have a rally to promote membership?

Scanning the thread it seems apparent that people are purposely misconstruing saturdays "RALLY" as a "PROTEST" in order to use it as a stick to bash the NUSC with.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere that it's an "Ashley out" protest.  All I've seen are T-shirt ideas with the sentiment that "NUSC love NUFC".  I've always seen it as a positive membership building move by the organisation and nothing to do with a specific point to be scored against anyone at the club.

Also, for anyone that thinks the NUSC have made us look a joke (Toontastic springs out) can you show me one piece of negative reporting about the NUSC?  For each one you find I can come back with Ashley downing a pint in the stands, getting pissed up in the Dubai or the US, claiming Kinnear is better than Capello etc.

At the end of the day whoever makes us look silly is neither here nor there. Only Ashley can pay the bills or invest in the squad. NUSC can't do it and they can't provide anyone else who will either. They can't provide change, that is why the best they can hope to achieve is voluble protests which is what they are doing.

No they aren't.  They're promoting membership.

I'll repeat...

"I've approached the NUSC on a couple of issues and they've always been very useful in pushing forward my complaints.

Those were grafitti, heavy handed stewarding and delayed refunds."

People need to disaccossiate the NUSC from Ashley bashing

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere that it's an "Ashley out" protest.  All I've seen are T-shirt ideas with the sentiment that "NUSC love NUFC".  I've always seen it as a positive membership building move by the organisation and nothing to do with a specific point to be scored against anyone at the club.

At the end of the day whoever makes us look silly is neither here nor there. Only Ashley can pay the bills or invest in the squad. NUSC can't do it and they can't provide anyone else who will either. They can't provide change, that is why the best they can hope to achieve is voluble protests which is what they are doing.

No they aren't.  They're promoting membership.

I'll repeat...

"I've approached the NUSC on a couple of issues and they've always been very useful in pushing forward my complaints.

Those were grafitti, heavy handed stewarding and delayed refunds."

People need to disaccossiate the NUSC from Ashley bashing

i think it's NUSC who need to disassociate from Ashley bashing.

So someone explain what this rally is hoping to achieve, other than merely expressing a sense of frustrated victimhood?

Looks lke you already know the ans.

So you think the towering intellects guiding the actions of the NUSC have said to themselves, "Let's get together and express our sense of frustrated victimhood and then everything will improve"?

No it's what you're saying.

Then perhaps you can provide us with your answer.

It's a rally not a wake.

Parky, do you not think NUSC shot themselves in the foot with their aggressive attitude towards Ashley, and that was re-iterated when the "Media Spokesman" went on SSN and make a jackass of himself, again being highly critical of Ashley? Why the heck would anyone in a senior position at NUFC want to talk to NUSC when all they have heard is "We want Ashley out!" whenever they are in the media?

Emotions were running high.

In retrospect some mistakes were made and NUSC are aware of that.

Such people boil my piss and deserve anything they get.

But what if my belief is that the protests will be harmful and futile? Then surely I would be sticking to my principles much more by not attending?

To be honest I'm not bothered if I come across as one of those people that 'boil your piss' or not, my reasons for thinking the protest is a bad idea are clear.

Another example, shared by NUSC it seems, of the basic assumption that everyone must want Ashley out.

I'm not staying away from protesting because I want Ashley out but think the protest won't work. I'm staying away because I want to give him a chance to make things work.

I don't want Ashley out. I just want the people that are in charge of the club to run it more responsibly.

The whole 'don't protest, we need to support the team' theory is, to put it straight, a big pile of crap. We won't lose games because a bunch of people have gathered somewhere to protest, we lose games because we have wankers like Butt and Duff starting every game.

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the fucking saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond fucking stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

Asset strip? ???  Do you know what asset stripping it?  These people you're referring to are so clever they don't even realise this club is in financial meltdown.  They seem to think every penny they put into the club should be free to spend on players.  "Where's the season ticket money gone".. its been used to pay Damien fucking Duff you cretin!

So what's the difference between us and the other 80% of the PL in debt?

Having a debt isn't a problem as long as you can afford the interest ect.  The problem is a debt that's spiralling out of control year after year.  £35 million down a hole last year alone for fuck sake!!  80% of PL clubs are not bleeding anywhere near that kind of money.  The majority of them would be bankrupt in no time if they did.

I suggest you take a look at the accounts of other clubs. I have.

Which clubs?  The other clubs in the league that have been run into the ground?

You can easily google PL clubs and their debt.

Everton for instance.

Wages higher than income.

Surprised?

I'd be extremely surprised, especially since its not true.

Guest toonlass

Yes but the media fella spoke just over a month ago, on the morning of the Liverpool game. Why was his emotions running high that morning? It was nearly 4 months after the sacking of Keegan, we all knew where we stood. We all knew the club was not likely to be sold in the near future, and yet he went on SSN and publicly slagged of Ashley. If he is a media spokesman then he is a crap one, as he burned yet another bridge for NUSC. Until they stop their public Ashley rants (and there were plenty at the meeting, and Ashley and co could listen to them online as easily as us) then why should Ashley speak to them. They don't represent all the fans views with this point, and they fail to realise that fans are not going to pay £10 to tell them that just to be ignored by the board.

So Ashley looking silly means that the NUSC can't look silly? :lol:

i love how parky answers anything he's got a clever answer for, but if he cant think of one he just says 'ask nusc'

Best to go to the source surely?

if that's what you think then why are you firefighting in here so much? btw the way i'm no fan of ashley, infact given todays news about kinnears contract if i saw him in the street i'd chin the cunt.

Yes but the media fella spoke just over a month ago, on the morning of the Liverpool game. Why was his emotions running high that morning? It was nearly 4 months after the sacking of Keegan, we all knew where we stood. We all knew the club was not likely to be sold in the near future, and yet he went on SSN and publicly slagged of Ashley. If he is a media spokesman then he is a crap one, as he burned yet another bridge for NUSC. Until they stop their public Ashley rants (and there were plenty at the meeting, and Ashley and co could listen to them online as easily as us) then why should Ashley speak to them. They don't represent all the fans views with this point, and they fail to realise that fans are not going to pay £10 to tell them that just to be ignored by the board.

NUSC doesn't have the finances to be represented by Saatchi and Saatchi.

i love how parky answers anything he's got a clever answer for, but if he cant think of one he just says 'ask nusc'

Best to go to the source surely?

if that's what you think then why are you firefighting in here so much? btw the way i'm no fan of ashley, infact given todays news about kinnears contract if i saw him in the street i'd chin the cunt.

Steady.

What is the protest for?  To get Ashley out, he tried selling the club and couldn't, are these people that retarded they don't realise a recession is going on,  Billionaires are now millionaires, just like Ashley.  He tried selling it but couldn't do you want him to give away half of his worth for nowt, would you?

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the f***ing saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond f***ing stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

He could sell it if he wasnt wanting so much for it and if he continues to run it the way he is, the price is only going to come down.

The NUSC claim to speak on behalf of the fans, they'll speak on behalf of their members, so why not join up and give them yours?

I applaud them for doing what they're doing, but they're destined to fail because there are too many halfwits, too many opinions and too many people who are now apathetic.

NUSC ignore what you say unless you agree with exactly what they say, whenever people say anything other than Ashley out, cockney mafia, wise is evil etc they ignore you.  I am not happy about the way the club is run, but I'm clever enough to realise protesting against the clubs management when we are in the most dire straights since the late 80s early 90s is not sensible until we are safe.

Like I said I'm not pro-Ashley, but he tried to sell and would have taken what he paid, but that didn't come along, the bloke is in danger of losing all his money in this current financial climate, he needs as much as he can get for the club.

Strange they should hold open meetings then.

Very funny, you know there is a small group of them that pretty much decide everything,  I agree with some of their views but not in the way the operate.

Join and then you can vote on what they decide. Simple really.

Why would I want to join a  group with views that oppose some of my own?  It would be like joining an anti-hunting lobby when I like hunting.  Are you a member?

What views of yours do they oppose?

Protesting before a match when it will do no good and I'm not pro-ashley but I do think what he is doing will benefit the club financially provided we keep our premiership status.  We couldn't keep on spending like a champions league club when we weren't in it.

I agree to an extent with all of that.

Are you a member Parky?

Yes.

Do you think they represent you and your views in the way you would like them to?  Genuine question.

I only expect them, over time to represent a wide consensus.

When they do that, I'll give them my tenner and sign up, until then I will not.  I think the main problem at the moment is the people joining mainly have the same views and share the same hatred towards ashley et al.  It's a great idea having a massive supporters club, I just think the execution has not been of the highest order.

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the fucking saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond fucking stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

Asset strip? ???  Do you know what asset stripping it?  These people you're referring to are so clever they don't even realise this club is in financial meltdown.  They seem to think every penny they put into the club should be free to spend on players.  "Where's the season ticket money gone".. its been used to pay Damien fucking Duff you cretin!

Having a debt isn't a problem as long as you can afford the interest ect.  The problem is a debt that's spiralling out of control year after year.  £35 million down a hole last year alone for fuck sake!!  80% of PL clubs are not bleeding anywhere near that kind of money.  The majority of them would be bankrupt in no time if they did.

Everton for instance.

Surprised?

Really?

What is the protest for?  To get Ashley out, he tried selling the club and couldn't, are these people that retarded they don't realise a recession is going on,  Billionaires are now millionaires, just like Ashley.  He tried selling it but couldn't do you want him to give away half of his worth for nowt, would you?

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the f***ing saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond f***ing stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

He could sell it if he wasnt wanting so much for it and if he continues to run it the way he is, the price is only going to come down.

The NUSC claim to speak on behalf of the fans, they'll speak on behalf of their members, so why not join up and give them yours?

I applaud them for doing what they're doing, but they're destined to fail because there are too many halfwits, too many opinions and too many people who are now apathetic.

NUSC ignore what you say unless you agree with exactly what they say, whenever people say anything other than Ashley out, cockney mafia, wise is evil etc they ignore you.  I am not happy about the way the club is run, but I'm clever enough to realise protesting against the clubs management when we are in the most dire straights since the late 80s early 90s is not sensible until we are safe.

Like I said I'm not pro-Ashley, but he tried to sell and would have taken what he paid, but that didn't come along, the bloke is in danger of losing all his money in this current financial climate, he needs as much as he can get for the club.

Strange they should hold open meetings then.

Very funny, you know there is a small group of them that pretty much decide everything,  I agree with some of their views but not in the way the operate.

Join and then you can vote on what they decide. Simple really.

Why would I want to join a  group with views that oppose some of my own?  It would be like joining an anti-hunting lobby when I like hunting.  Are you a member?

What views of yours do they oppose?

Protesting before a match when it will do no good and I'm not pro-ashley but I do think what he is doing will benefit the club financially provided we keep our premiership status.  We couldn't keep on spending like a champions league club when we weren't in it.

I agree to an extent with all of that.

Are you a member Parky?

Yes.

Do you think they represent you and your views in the way you would like them to?  Genuine question.

I only expect them, over time to represent a wide consensus.

When they do that, I'll give them my tenner and sign up, until then I will not.  I think the main problem at the moment is the people joining mainly have the same views and share the same hatred towards ashley et al.  It's a great idea having a massive supporters club, I just think the execution has not been of the highest order.

Fair enough.

[/quo

got to agree,  its NOT as far as i'm aware a PROTEST, its a rally, i think people should be holding back making daft threads about protesting a non existant protest!!

Wait until NUSC release a statement regarding what they have planned for next Sunday, if they are doing a protest (which i don't think they are) then by all means if you object either complain to them or avoid it.

We just have to move on. Regardless of what you think of Ashley, there's no other prospective owner in sight and the state of uncertainty between September and January did us no good at all.

This rally just sounds like a way of NUSC keeping themselves in the spotlight.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere that it's an "Ashley out" protest.  All I've seen are T-shirt ideas for with the sentiment that "NUSC love NUFC".  I've always seen it as a positive membership building move by the organisation and nothing to do with a specific point to be scored against anyone at the club.

Why can't Ashley get pissed?  He was obviously taking the piss when he said Kinnear was better than Capello.

Ashley can get pissed.  Just not in the stands.

I'm certain his intentions are always the best.  I don't see Ashley as an evil mackem sent to destroy us.  He's just incompetent, and has got more people around the country laughing at us than anything the NUSC have done.

Why can't the NUSC have a rally to promote membership?

They can if thats what its for, I highly doubt it is however.

Everton for instance.

Surprised?

Really?

I don't know the nuts and bolts of it but Everton have always had a pretty strict wage structure, Moyes has had to spend pretty carefully, that much is common knowledge. It might be that Europe has given them some leeway, in which case I don't see how they can be held up as a yardstick for us.