Pivotal Moments...

beardsleymagic

The Partizan match- when Woodgate could've let it go out for a goal kick but instead slipped and gave Partizan a corner from which they scored from to take it into Peno's. Very precise but if that had been a goal kick instead, we would've gone into the CL.

Darren Ambrose's late equaliser at Southampton which meant we could nick 5th from Villa if we drew at Liverpool, and Man Utd won at Villa. If we'd missed out on Europe then, I wonder if we'd have followed Chelsea & Liverpool's suit and replaced the manager then, rather than stick with him knowing he'd be leaving anyway, only to sack him when there were no good alternatives.

Excellent example of the state of things on here - 90% negative. No one mentions avoiding the drop to the third division, Liam O'B's strike, or Bellamy's last gasp goal in Holland.

A pivitol moment for me was Andy OB's headed goal from a corner at Arsenal (December 2001 IIRC) - that was the exact moment for me when SBR's team came together.

On a negative note, when we lost 3-0 at Anfield when the floodlights went out, seriously dented title challenge.

On a positive note.....Owen equalising at Birmingham? Winning at Sheff U?

On a negative note, when we lost 3-0 at Anfield when the floodlights went out, seriously dented title challenge.

On a positive note.....Owen equalising at Birmingham? Winning at Sheff U?

Excellent one.

Excellent example of the state of things on here - 90% negative. No one mentions avoiding the drop to the third division, Liam O'B's strike, or Bellamy's last gasp goal in Holland.

A pivitol moment for me was Andy OB's headed goal from a corner at Arsenal (December 2001 IIRC) - that was the exact moment for me when SBR's team came together.

I suppose David Kelly's goal against Portsmouth was the ultimate pivotal moment.

Guest firetotheworks

OK, positive pivotals

John Solako turning us down...David Ginola it is then.

8-0 Sheff Wed

Not signing Francis Jeffers

Signing Bellamy and Robert.

It might not be massively apparent now, but under a decent manager having sold Bramble is potentially a huge one.

as far as I remember Ketsbia ( spelling ?) scoring in dying seconds to qualify us for the league games in the champions league (around 1997) another when we came from not having won a match in the league  (champions league) then somehow struck gold came good and got into the knockout stages and finally finishing 10th in the original premier league (Div 1) beating Feyanoord 4-0 in very first game and winning Inter Cities Fairs Cup with Alan Weeks commentating as Moncur bangs 'em in.

What the F*ck went wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest firetotheworks

Just thought of the one that I feel was a big turning point.

Howey going off injured in the first 4-3 match against Liverpool.

OK, positive pivotals

John Solako turning us down...David Ginola it is then.

8-0 Sheff Wed

Not signing Francis Jeffers

Signing Bellamy and Robert.

It might not be massively apparent now, but under a decent manager having sold Bramble is potentially a huge one.

Yep. Being turned down by Jeffers & Zenden to replace Gallacher & Glass with Bellamy & Robert instead was huge.