Newcastle United reveal season ticket price cuts

Tooj

They know the new SKY deal will cover their losses - with addition of getting Owen etc out the door.

Who says there'll be losses?  If this move gets attendances up to around 50,000 there would be no loss from this season.

I can't see that happening if Kinnear is still the man in charge next season.

Newcastle drop season ticket prices, Newcastle fans complain, couldn't f***ing make it up, some of you are clowns.

You my friend are the biggest clown of all.

Based on what?  Give me an argument Krusty.

Newcastle drop season ticket prices, Newcastle fans complain, couldn't f***ing make it up, some of you are clowns.

Do you mind. He's very sensitive about that layer on top of his cock.

Your first statement Coco.

Do you mind. He's very sensitive about that layer on top of his cock.

Not anymore, i've accpeted it existance.

Newcastle drop season ticket prices, Newcastle fans complain, couldn't fucking make it up, some of you are clowns.

Dee one. It's utter bilge in the grand scheme of things, especially considering what's going on both on and off the pitch.

Dee one :lol:

The fact is they've done something positive and certain people, like yourself, are slating them for it.  To the point where your trying your best to claim its not even a price drop, its just a roll back :lol:  I get the idea that if they hadn't bothered to drop prices at all they'd have ended up with less bother because certain fans will just jump on any action and make it a negative.

Excellent, if we all use the phrase rolled back instead of reduced we can pretend this hasn't happened and continue to complain!  What a plan!

Why should we give them kudos for effectively upping prices for twelve months?

They aren't doing this for us, they're doing this for them. They need bums on seats. The fact all they have done is roll back prices to what they were a year or two ago when the product on the pitch is utter gash and the country is in the depths of a financial clusterfuck is hardly admirable.

I hate to say it but Quinn, Short and who ever else is in charge down the road have got it spot on. Their reductions to all are fairly substantial and they're selling season tickets for under 16's at £19 a pop. That's what Ashley should be doing if he wants to get bums on seats, not fobbing us off with lame offers.

This was my first statement:

"Who says there'll be losses?  If this move gets attendances up to around 50,000 there would be no loss from this season."

What's so bad about it?

This was my first statement:

"Who says there'll be losses?  If this move gets attendances up to around 50,000 there would be no loss from this season."

What's so bad about it?

I meant this one "Newcastle drop season ticket prices, Newcastle fans complain, couldn't f***ing make it up, some of you are clowns."

Aye, well done then they also announce that Kinnear will be staying on if his health is ok which they except it will be.

Give with one hand take with the other.

And tbh i would pay more for a season ticket if i knew we would get some progress.  And by progress i dont mean finishing 3rd or summik daft like that.

Excellent, if we all use the phrase rolled back instead of reduced we can pretend this hasn't happened and continue to complain!  What a plan!

They aren't doing this for us, they're doing this for them. They need bums on seats. The fact all they have done is roll back prices to what they were a year or two ago when the product on the pitch is utter gash and the country is in the depths of a financial clusterfuck is hardly admirable.

I hate to say it but Quinn, Short and who ever else is in charge down the road have got it spot on. Their reductions to all are fairly substantial and they're selling season tickets for under 16's at £19 a pop. That's what Ashley should be doing if he wants to get bums on seats, not fobbing us off with lame offers.

I didn't expect everyone to give them kudos.  What grinds on me is people attacking them for dropping the price, or saying its not even a price drop in the first place.

By the way no Football club make these kind of offers to help supporters, Sunderland aren't either.  They're making the offer for the same reason we are, because they aren't currently filling there stadium and they fear a further drop in attendance.

I didn't say I expect everyone to give them kudos, but attacking them for it is bizarre.  No Football club make these kind of offers to help supporters, Sunderland aren't either.  They're making the offer for the same reason we are, because they aren't currently filling there stadium and they fear a further drop in attendance.

At least they have the business acumen to realise how serious the situation is. Ashley and co. don't seem to realise how disillusioned and skint football fans are, let alone Newcastle supporters.

It's a meaningless gesture. Can't applaud them for it.

I think people would rather pay more for their season tickets if it meant getting a proper manager and investing more in the squad.

Eggs fucking zaktly!

We need to see some progress, i would pay more to help the club along but i just dont see anything at the moment.

Aye, well done then they also announce that Kinnear will be staying on if his health is ok which they except it will be.

Give with one hand take with the other.

And tbh i would pay more for a season ticket if i knew we would get some progress.  And by progress i dont mean finishing 3rd or summik daft like that.

Kinnear's just had a triple heart bypass though, don't you think that just maybe Lambias is giving him some much needed support?  I don't think that necessarily means he'll be our permanent manager.  If that did end up happening I'd be one of the people complaining.

By the way, what could they do right now to convince you and most other fans that they're going to make progress?

I think people would rather pay more for their season tickets if it meant getting a proper manager and investing more in the squad.

Of course they would but how could that happen right now?

It needs to happen before next season begins. I think Ashley will have a job on his hands convincing anyone it will even if he genuinely intends to make it happen.

It needs to happen before next season begins. I think Ashley will have a job on his hands convincing anyone it will even if he genuinely intends to make it happen.

Exactly, so what if they need cash now?  I think everyone agrees that a price drop is insignificant compared to Newcastle doing well, but right now the only realistic way to get people to buy tickets is a price drop.  They then need to follow that up with an improvement of the playing staff in July/August and a new manager as soon as possible.

Exactly, so what if they need cash now?  I think everyone agrees that a price drop is insignificant compared to Newcastle doing well, but right now the only realistic way to get people to buy tickets is a price drop.  They then need to follow that up with an improvement of the playing staff in July/August and a new manager as soon as possible.

When does the new TV wedge come into play?