Newcastle United reveal season ticket price cuts

Tooj

A very rational argument by Baggio. As usual Leazes harping on about the bad old days and how lucky we were to have FFS as chairman who, for your information, would have bankrupted us if allowed to carry on the way he was.

and who are you on the other message boards jimmymag, lets not get all hypocritical now.

Maybe you can explain how all the leading successful clubs all over europe and the rest of the world aren't bankrupt ? For your information, we were going bankrupt with one foot in the 3rd division - just like Leeds in fact - in 1991 when the Halls and Shepherd stepped in and converted a club that couldn't sell for 1.25m quid for one worth anywhere between 100m and 200m quid, and one of the biggest turnovers in world football.  That's not an opinion by the way, its a fact.

maybe cos there debts are managable....see valencia.

and that huge turnover was in fact an operating loss quite often building up more debt which you can't keep adding to indefinitly.

Guest fading star

Is there a definition of manageable debt, or is it a term you have to use in an entirely vague way?

Is there a definition of manageable debt, or is it a term you have to use in an entirely vague way?

Debt you can afford the repayments on. Like a mortgage, for example.

If you can't afford to pay your mortgage, things have to change.

Guest Howaythetoon

So in a recession we are being asked to pay the same price of 2 years ago for a product that has diminished since in quality?

Guest fading star

Ah! You mean clubs making a profit. Not many of those about.

I'm not sure they are necessarily the ones making a profit, just the ones who can afford the repayments. But yeah, they tend to be the clubs doing well - particularly those who are in the Champions League every year.

When we were doing well we could afford to splash out and we could afford the repayments on our debts. We're doing shit now, and have been for quite a while. It's quite a simple concept.

Guest fading star

I'm not sure they are necessarily the ones making a profit, just the ones who can afford the repayments. But yeah, they tend to be the clubs doing well - particularly those who are in the Champions League every year.

When we were doing well we could afford to splash out and we could afford the repayments on our debts. We're doing s*** now, and have been for quite a while. It's quite a simple concept.

Do you mean the business, or the shareholders?

What about Liverpool, are their debts manageable?

If you've seen any of my posts going back a long time now you'll know I'm not impressed with Ashley and his regime one bit. It's been fuck up after fuck up as far as I'm concerned.

That doesn't alter the fact that we simply couldn't afford to pay our debts as things were. Something needed to change and it did.

Guest fading star

Aye, but that doesn‘t mean there was only one alterative.  Debts can be restructured in many different ways.

If Ashley has fucked up everything else what makes you so sure he got the debt management thing right?

Aye, but that doesn‘t mean there was only one alterative.  Debts can be restructured in many different ways.

If Ashley has f***ed up everything else what makes you so sure he got the debt management thing right?

debts can be restructured in many ways, but as west ham and pompey found out if the debts you are carrying are big enough and your bills are too big compared to your turnover........no one will touch you to restructure them.

If Ashley has fucked up everything else what makes you so sure he got the debt management thing right?

Its not just a case of not being able to afford our debt repayments.  They were costing us 8 million pounds a year, but we were losing 35 million a year!  You can restructure the debts all you like but its not going to have much impact when you're losing £27 million a year before repaying current debts.  At the end of the day our losses were spiraling out of control.  The biggest cause as far as I can see is the wage bill which has been allowed to reach an absolutely disgusting level (twice what it should be really) despite poor performances on the pitch.  If our wage bill was in control our debt repayments would have been easily affordable with plenty of cash left over for transfers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chris1210

Does anyone have at hand, the renewal paper off last season which offers us the 3year plans? Could someone look at the differences in T&C's for the DirectDebit scheme, and the Pay 3 years in full deal please?

Send my letter to box office, who sent one back saying that i cant cancel, and its non-refundable - what a fucking joke.

An adult ticket for an Ajax match costs €16.

What a f***ing joke this country is...

Players wages in this country are way way above what they should be paid, so muppets like us have to foot the bill.

Guest fading star

Does anyone have at hand, the renewal paper off last season which offers us the 3year plans? Could someone look at the differences in T&C's for the DirectDebit scheme, and the Pay 3 years in full deal please?

Send my letter to box office, who sent one back saying that i cant cancel, and its non-refundable - what a f***ing joke.

I have the T&C's that came with the application pack - doesn't seem to say anything about the difference between paying by DD or paying up front.

Send my letter to box office, who sent one back saying that i cant cancel, and its non-refundable - what a f***ing joke.

The only thing I can in the T&C are as follows:

11. Season Ticket Price Freeze

11.1 Acceptance of the price freeze offer is an irrevocable commitment by the customer for the next three seasons and the customer and the customer may not terminate the agreement.

11.2 A payment schedule will be sent for the 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 seasons to those customers that opt for the payment plan option.  Season tickets for the 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons will be paid for by direct debit in 10 monthly instalments each.  Should any payments be missed then the agreement may be terminated by the Company and admittance to the Ground may be denied.  No payments will be refunded in any circumstances.

You could get in touch with the NUSC as I think they have been investigating the legal side of this and they can probably advise you whether you are entitled to a refund.

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone who paid up front for 3 years ever get a letter explaining the pirce cuts etc. I suspect this has been put on hold, along with sending out the renewals until we know which division we'll be playing in, but may just never have got my letter.