Newcastle United reveal season ticket price cuts

Tooj

Based on what?  Give me an argument Krusty.

Your first statement Coco.

This was my first statement:

"Who says there'll be losses?  If this move gets attendances up to around 50,000 there would be no loss from this season."

What's so bad about it?

I meant this one "Newcastle drop season ticket prices, Newcastle fans complain, couldn't f***ing make it up, some of you are clowns."

Aye, well done then they also announce that Kinnear will be staying on if his health is ok which they except it will be.

Give with one hand take with the other.

And tbh i would pay more for a season ticket if i knew we would get some progress.  And by progress i dont mean finishing 3rd or summik daft like that.

So if we buy a few £20m players in summer, then have to put the price up to cover the cost, you wouldn't start a thread on here stating that they're not managing the club correctly?

You'd be one of the first to complain tbh.

Progress is not confirming Kinnear is there man for the long-term. This more than anything shows the lack of ambition, theres no excuse for it. And if anyone says 'what do you expect them to say', say nothing on the subject other than 'we will all sit down together & it will be sorted out in the summer at a more appropriate time'.

Guest The Libertine

i wouldnt be surprised if this thread ended up getting passed around other teams message boards.

A bit like your mother

:celb:  :coolsmiley:

any need?

Guest Mucky01

Other clubs get treated as some kind of modern day Robin Hood figures when they cut prices.  Ours as just the opposite.  I know much of this is of their own making but they are truely damned if they do/ don't aren't they?  I think this is great news personally, how it could be construed as anything but is beyond me.

it was SJH who hiked up the NUFC ST prices by saying that “if you want to watch the best, you’ll have to pay for the privilege“, which most fans realised and didn’t begrudge.

Now if that theory is carried out with the top players either gone, or are about to, then the club has to start matching the ambition of the fans, or put up with the flak.

No Shearer, or Owen, or Viduka, or Given, etc, so where’s the value in top prices next year?

Giving Shola and JFK new contracts, hhhmmmmmm!

2.5% of the reduction is the drop in VAT, does that make Gordon Brown a “Robin Hood” character?

The Newcastle Falcons (rugby Union) owner was talking a bit about season tickets for his team in tonight's Chron

Fans have reacted quickly to slashed season ticket prices for next term, taking advantage of the full adult book starting at £112 if bought before May 31, averaging £6.58 per game.

Junior tickets in seated areas start at £57 – just £3.37 per match – while adult seats start at £189, or £11.11 a pop. Thompson said: “Our prices were too high this year. We let our season ticket holders down and we have acted to resolve that.

Here is there price list for next year: http://www.newcastle-falcons.co.uk/36_4738.php

I KNOW YOUR A FOOTBALL FAN :rolleyes: :pow:

What do you mean?

Why should we give them kudos for effectively upping prices for twelve months?

They aren't doing this for us, they're doing this for them. They need bums on seats. The fact all they have done is roll back prices to what they were a year or two ago when the product on the pitch is utter gash and the country is in the depths of a financial clusterfuck is hardly admirable.

I hate to say it but Quinn, Short and who ever else is in charge down the road have got it spot on. Their reductions to all are fairly substantial and they're selling season tickets for under 16's at £19 a pop. That's what Ashley should be doing if he wants to get bums on seats, not fobbing us off with lame offers.

We used to laugh at the mackems for doing this.

We are now just heading further down the line .......

The irony is NUSC were demanding the club reduce prices on Sunday following the reduction in the VAT rate, accusing him of stealing our money, but now two of their biggest supporters on here are criticising them for it.  You honestly couldn't make it up.

Why do you think they are putting the prices back to what they were?

To try & convince people who weren't going to go to go/renew obviously.

Wullie's point about how they convince people to go is irrelevant to a lot of people as they would more than likely be going anyway.  I'd be amazed if you can find someone who isn't going to renew now just because they see this reduction in prices as a lack of ambition.

It's about attempting to convince those who aren't so sure.  Basic price elasticity.  With the state of the economy, people might decide they can't afford it, if they can attract those people to stay and have less empty seats, a better atmosphere, it will lead to more revenue from catering/club shop/betting sales when those people are there then they begin to recoup their price reduction.

In real terms its not a massive discount overall & doing the sums won't cost the club a great deal overall either, but might be enough to convince a reasonable number of those who were concerned they might find it too expensive to renew.

They've reduced prices & one or two are still giving them shit for it, for no other reason than that's all they know how to do.

Fair post. :thup:

What do you feel is the purpose of the cut off point?

They're willing to pay a premium to get you to sign up by the end of May, 3 months early.  They're effectively self-factoring their own income.

There's no way season tickets will sell out this summer, if you want one you could wander up to the box office on the first home game of the season in August & get one, what they're doing is convincing people to sign up early.

I'd say the cashflow situation must be fairly bad though.

Fair post. :thup:

What do you feel is the purpose of the cut off point?

They're willing to pay a premium to get you to sign up by the end of May, 3 months early.  They're effectively self-factoring their own income.

There's no way season tickets will sell out this summer, if you want one you could wander up to the box office on the first home game of the season in August & get one, what they're doing is convincing people to sign up early.

I'd say the cashflow situation must be fairly bad though.

It is bit simpler than that. They are giving existing season ticket holders a chance to keep the seat they sit in now before they go on general sale. The prices are not going up after the cut off.

The prices remain the same after May though according to the article, they just want that money in early.

That's the key. :nods:

The question is for what. As others have pointed out, the only incentive seems to be the threat of losing one's seat.

The prices remain the same after May though according to the article, they just want that money in early.

The question is for what. As others have pointed out, the only incentive seems to be the threat of losing one's seat.

Not sure to be honest, losing my current seat would disappoint me even though I don't know any of the people I sit with other than from talking to them at the match.

Perhaps it is just that they want the money in, but are wary of doing anything that could attract more negative publicity to get it.

The club via different schemes already has a percentage of fans paid up or paying in via D/D for there season tickets. With the current climate of news with job losses it is better to try & get people to pay ASAP before they lose there job/credit crunch fever sets in. They also get to sell the remaining seats on general sale sooner giving them a longer span to shift thousands of unsold seats.

They are dropping prices simply because they KNOW that, under the present regime and with Kinnear as manager added to threat of unemployment, quite a number of fans will just NOt renew, and they are living in Cuckoo Land if they think this will make much difference..

They are CONSOLIDATING for a mid-lower half place in the Prem - they HOPE...

From True Faith

You Just Don't Get It!   

Season Ticket Reductions - comment

Well, I'm not about to start complaining that reducing exorbitantly priced season tickets is a bad thing at Newcastle United, given we have paid over the knock for years but if Ashley thinks this is enough to keep supporters onside, he is more out of touch than we thought.

If you are in the unfortunate position of having lost your job in the current recession, any season ticket reduction is meaningless really given a "luxury" (ha-ha-ha) item like a season ticket will be chucked in whatever side of £500 the price is on as people get their priorities in order - put food on the table and keep a roof over your head.

If Ashley is bricking it about a meltdown in the summer over season ticket renewals then he has completely failed to grasp what the current disaffection amongst supporters is all about. Let's just summarise what it is;

a. a complete lack of ambition at NUFC

b. no confidence in anyone in any position of authority at NUFC - Ashley, Llambias, Wise or Kinnear.

c. no confidence in the management structure which is proven to be a failure in the English Premier League

d. suspiscion at Ashley's motives for buying NUFC and a cynicism regarding his plan for the club is little more than cost-cutting to put the club in a more saleable position whilst the club's revenue is used to reduce the debt and he is in a position to make millions from a future sale whilst the club stagnates at best.

e. a lack of respect for the supporters of Newcastle United, the city and the NE region manifested in nothing other than the most cursory of communications with the club's stakeholders.

This reduction might make life easier for some supporters, which is clearly welcome, but of the many contacts there have been to true faith regarding season ticket renewals, no-one has mentioned cost per se - though plenty have referred to what is being done to hollow the club out.

If they think this is enough to persuade thousands of Mags from walking away from an Ashley-owned Newcastle United then they have their heads up their arses.

Guest toonlass

Amazing that something like this can still attract criticism.

In fact no, its nothing short of fucking pathetic.

It got criticism from me because I signed up to a three year commitment to a season ticket last year. We were told that we were getting a discounted price for doing so. Now 12 months on anyone can have the same price, without the commitment for another 2 years. So the benefit of me signing up for a season ticket for 3 years now are what exactly?

Fine he has brought the prices down in general, but why shit on the fans who have commited long term to the club?