Newcastle United reveal season ticket price cuts

Tooj

If people don't want to go then don't, it really is as simple as that.

Interesting that the big price drops are in the bar areas which seem to be where the majority of empty seats are, iirc it was them that was hit the hardest last summer.

and quite a lot of them won't. Doing well isn't he ?

No it hasn't been a good season, but I'm prepared to put up with the shit as I think turning the clubs finances around will benefit us in the long run, after all we've got one of the largest turnovers in English football so the logical opinion is that we should benefit more than most by having stable footings in place, apart from clubs like Man City who are being supported by Abu Dhabi.

If people want to jump ship because they don't want to watch the club while it's trying to be pulled around then thats up to them, i'm sure we will see them all again when it does get turned around.

unfortunately, due to short term thinking and lack of ambition, that will not be the case. Thats the same bollocks that Mike Ashley himself probably believed when he took the club on.

If you don't agree, you should have listened to people like me who told you what it was like the last time we had a shit board, rather than the fools that you did listen to.

Interesting that the big price drops are in the bar areas which seem to be where the majority of empty seats are, iirc it was them that was hit the hardest last summer.

No it hasn't been a good season, but I'm prepared to put up with the shit as I think turning the clubs finances around will benefit us in the long run, after all we've got one of the largest turnovers in English football so the logical opinion is that we should benefit more than most by having stable footings in place, apart from clubs like Man City who are being supported by Abu Dhabi.

If people want to jump ship because they don't want to watch the club while it's trying to be pulled around then thats up to them, i'm sure we will see them all again when it does get turned around.

unfortunately, due to short term thinking and lack of ambition, that will not be the case. Thats the same bollocks that Mike Ashley himself probably believed when he took the club on.

If you don't agree, you should have listened to people like me who told you what it was like the last time we had a shit board, rather than the fools that you did listen to.

Yet the clubs last set of accounts showed a record turnover and this seasons losses have been forcast as being £7 million down from £20 million.

Not really a sign that the club is about to fall from the big earners league.

Yet the clubs last set of accounts showed a record turnover and this seasons losses have been forcast as being £7 million down from £20 million.

Righto. Whatever you say. Everything is moving forwards, and we are going to win everything in 3 years time, being 2 years already into "the plan"

Amazing that something like this can still attract criticism.

In fact no, its nothing short of f***ing pathetic.

It got criticism from me because I signed up to a three year commitment to a season ticket last year. We were told that we were getting a discounted price for doing so. Now 12 months on anyone can have the same price, without the commitment for another 2 years. So the benefit of me signing up for a season ticket for 3 years now are what exactly?

Fine he has brought the prices down in general, but why s*** on the fans who have commited long term to the club?

Aye, I agree with your point blefuscu. I'm signed up for D/Debit also. Personally speaking, i'm not too disappointed, because me and the bairn sit in the family section. The cost of our season tickets this season is already £112 cheaper than they were last season, so i'm mindful of that, but you're right in saying that we will be getting no more benefits than those who haven't commited themselves.

Righto. Whatever you say. Everything is moving forwards, and we are going to win everything in 3 years time, being 2 years already into "the plan"

I haven't said we've been making great strides forward on the pitch because we haven't, but the clubs finances do need to be sorted out if we're ever going to move forward again, after all we're a big club so we should be able to be one of the few that's able to take care of itself in the end, don't you agree?

I haven't said we've been making great strides forward on the pitch because we haven't, but the clubs finances do need to be sorted out if we're ever going to move forward again, after all we're a big club so we should be able to be one of the few that's able to take care of itself in the end, don't you agree?

we won't be a big club anymore when the gates are down to 25,000 again.

We should be able to get them back again, but only with the right owner. Where do you think the money will come from when revenue is massively down and gates are halved ?

Do you think he will actually go into debt again, or do you think we will find a manager who gets every buy right, for a bargain price, and never make a mistake and never make a poor buy, and find the new Wayne Rooney when he is 13, like everybody else does, where we will attract these players who will all jump to sign for us instead of clubs such as Bolton and Portsmouth, never mind the clubs that would be competing to win trophies and playing in europe at that particular time  ? Such is the "plan".

You still don't understand that the expectations you and others have, is solely down to the old regime, and Ashley is lowering them again, do you ?

We should be able to get them back again, but only with the right owner. Where do you think the money will come from when revenue is massively down and gates are halved ?

Do you think he will actually go into debt again, or do you think we will find a manager who gets every buy right, for a bargain price, and never make a mistake and never make a poor buy, and find the new Wayne Rooney when he is 13, like everybody else does, where we will attract these players who will all jump to sign for us instead of clubs such as Bolton and Portsmouth, never mind the clubs that would be competing to win trophies and playing in europe at that particular time  ? Such is the "plan".

You still don't understand that the expectations you and others have, is solely down to the old regime, and Ashley is lowering them again, do you ?

Our gates won't be down to 25,000 again unless we slip into league 1 so lets not go over the top.

The money won't be massively down and gates won't be halved, as I've said we've just posted our record turnover for the club but that isn't much good if you've got expenditure running at £20 million more than that, we should have a decent boost in income in the near future as our sponsorship deal with Northern Rock is coming to an end and we haven't had any money off them since 2005.

The club may have debt again in the future but it doesn't make it a bad thing, it's only bad when you've got high debts and are still operating at a loss which is a position that I don't think we will be in, you mention the likes of Portsmouth and Bolton but do you really think we're a similar size club to those? If you don't then I'm not sure why you even mentioned them.

I have high expectations for the club and I know a lot of that has to do with what Sir John Hall achieved here back in the 90's and what Shepherd achieved here with Sir Bobby, but at the same time I realise that we can't go on losing money like have been and the time has come for us to stop, get that side of the club sorted and then move forward again.

Our gates won't be down to 25,000 again unless we slip into league 1 so lets not go over the top.

The money won't be massively down and gates won't be halved, as I've said we've just posted our record turnover for the club but that isn't much good if you've got expenditure running at £20 million more than that, we should have a decent boost in income in the near future as our sponsorship deal with Northern Rock is coming to an end and we haven't had any money off them since 2005.

The club may have debt again in the future but it doesn't make it a bad thing, it's only bad when you've got high debts and are still operating at a loss which is a position that I don't think we will be in, you mention the likes of Portsmouth and Bolton but do you really think we're a similar size club to those? If you don't then I'm not sure why you even mentioned them.

I have high expectations for the club and I know a lot of that has to do with what Sir John Hall achieved here back in the 90's and what Shepherd achieved here with Sir Bobby, but at the same time I realise that we can't go on losing money like have been and the time has come for us to stop, get that side of the club sorted and then move forward again.

I'm not really that interested in your woolly, blind, opinions. I am talking from a longer view perspective, unless Ashley hopefully sells the club asap to someone with even the remotest idea how to succeed at the top level in football.

I'm not really that interested in your woolly, blind, opinions. I am talking from a longer view perspective, unless Ashley hopefully sells the club asap to someone with even the remotest idea how to succeed at the top level in football.

What longer term view are you talking about? If anything the way Ashley is going about things seems to be with the longer view in mind.

The major problem I have with this argument is, is that you could argue that Leeds fans had great expectations (top 3 finish, UEFA Cup & Champions League Semis), etc. under Ridsdale, but there's no doubt towards the end that his over-spending put them in the sh*t. Now obviously Shepherd didn't get us to that stage (although we don't know what would have happened had he stayed any longer), but just because their new owners couldn't match Ridsdale's spending which got them high up in the league, great European cup runs a couple of years before Ridsdale was ousted from the club, doesn't mean their fans should have expected the club to do similarly under their new owners does it?

Tired so the above paragraph might be badly worded, but I'm sure you get where I'm coming from.

A very rational argument by Baggio. As usual Leazes harping on about the bad old days and how lucky we were to have FFS as chairman who, for your information, would have bankrupted us if allowed to carry on the way he was.

and who are you on the other message boards jimmymag, lets not get all hypocritical now.

Maybe you can explain how all the leading successful clubs all over europe and the rest of the world aren't bankrupt ? For your information, we were going bankrupt with one foot in the 3rd division - just like Leeds in fact - in 1991 when the Halls and Shepherd stepped in and converted a club that couldn't sell for 1.25m quid for one worth anywhere between 100m and 200m quid, and one of the biggest turnovers in world football.  That's not an opinion by the way, its a fact.

What longer term view are you talking about? If anything the way Ashley is going about things seems to be with the longer view in mind.

or a sale.

or a sale.

Whether he's sorting the clubs finances out with a long term view of us using the size of the club as an advantage or just to sell it then surely it's a win-win situation from your viewpoint?

What long term perspective are you referring to btw?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chris1210

Does anyone know as yet how the club are likely to sort out people who have paid for 3years up front but want to cancel? (and pay the extra they saved this season)

Dont want to get into why i want to, its a personal move, i just wondered if anyone had looked into it, as i know thye are allowing the direct debit people to cancel.

Guest neesy111

Does anyone know as yet how the club are likely to sort out people who have paid for 3years up front but want to cancel? (and pay the extra they saved this season)

Dont want to get into why i want to, its a personal move, i just wondered if anyone had looked into it, as i know thye are allowing the direct debit people to cancel.

check nufc.com, they had llambias say something about it

Guest chris1210

I think that was aimed at the 3yr Direct Debit scheme, whilst i paid up front. Just wondered whether anyone had had any contact with the club regarding a cancellation.

I think that was aimed at the 3yr Direct Debit scheme, whilst i paid up front. Just wondered whether anyone had had any contact with the club regarding a cancellation.

Tbh I'd just read the terms and conditions if the club goes down.  If we do go down the product you signed up for has changed and provided its not stated in the terms you can cancel.

Guest chris1210

Ah well, hopefully it wont come to that!

It's not really dependent on whether we get relegated or not, its personal reasons and lack of ambition - guess we'll find out more about our options in the next few weeks once letters start landing on our mats.

Guest fading star

I got my letter from Simon Esland last week. It doesn’t say anything about people who paid up front. Perhaps they’ll get a different letter, or perhaps not.

The three year deal was sold on the basis it was the cheapest way to get your ticket. Since the recently announced price cuts this is no longer true. The promotional literature also implied that Keegan would be the manager and Chris Mort the chairman. A year on it looks like a highly dubious sales pitch.

remember when we laughed at the mackems for taking such desperate measures ?

Heard you the first time.

We used to laugh at the mackems for doing this.

I didn't realise at first the thread was an old one, but as it happens, as nobody replied the first time, maybe someone might agree now ?

Like you for instance ?