Newcastle United reveal season ticket price cuts

Tooj

It's not fact, no. Just my opinion of what will happen.

leazes.ender, if you read the original article in this thread, all it says about those who paid up front is that they'd get a letter from Llambias saying thanks.

It's not fact, no. Just my opinion of what will happen.

leazes.ender, if you read the original article in this thread, all it says about those who paid up front is that they'd get a letter from Llambias saying thanks.

I'd say you're probably right like. 

The way I'm looking at it is, the money is gone now, I'm not particularly expecting or even wanting a refund or reduction, unless of course they reduce the prices to cheaper than I paid.

The letter from Llambias will be in with the renewal I'd imagine, save on the cost of a stamp. :lol:

I wouldn't expect us to take into account the league we're in anyway. If we go down we need to scrape in as much money as we can, and they'll easily get away with it if people think we're going to bounce straight back up.

Look at the prices Leeds are still charging in League One.

I wouldn't expect us to take into account the league we're in anyway. If we go down we need to scrape in as much money as we can, and they'll easily get away with it if people think we're going to bounce straight back up.

Look at the prices Leeds are still charging in League One.

I am speculating but i dont think our stadium is going to sell out next year, there would be cheap tickets available match day imo.  Surely, that would piss off ST holders no end.

Guest toonlass

I never received "the letter" that Llambias said those who signed up for the discounted prices would get. Wasn't really expecting it though tbh.

It's not sent yet

that explains why I haven't either then !! Basically, I've no intention of asking for my money back just to buy a proper inferior seat again but the offer of a reduction plus the fall in VAT would be nice.

The VAT reduction would be a nice gesture, but I'm not sure how it would work considering the period the ticket covers will probably* reach beyond the rate going back up.

*In fact hasn't it already been announced when the rate will go back to 17.5%?

Guest Roger Kint

If you mean the letter that 3 year upfront customers get its this:

Dear Supporter

Thank you for your letter/email regarding cancellation of your 3 year season ticket.  On behalf of everyone at Newcastle United, management, staff and players, I would like to thank you for your continued support of the Club.

This has been a very difficult season for all of us, and as I write this letter, I am fully aware that we have a tough run-in as we fight to maintain our Premier League status.  Certainly, none of us envisaged the 2008/09 campaign proving to be so testing when it began at Old Trafford against Manchester United back in August and I fully understand the frustrations of supporters over events that have unfolded since then.

Last summer, you showed great loyalty in the Club by committing to a three-year season ticket. It is that strength of support that makes Newcastle United the envy of so many other clubs, though it is something that must never be taken for granted.

Unfortunately, as stated in the terms and conditions at the time you took up the offer, the 3 year season ticket is non-refundable and therefore we are not able to offer you a refund on the remaining two seasons of your season ticket.

However, the Club recognises that each individual’s circumstances are different so if you feel there are extenuating circumstances regarding your request to cancel then please do contact me with details of the reason why you would like to cancel and I will consider your request.

I would urge all fans who signed up for three years as a season ticket holder to stick with the Club. Yes, mistakes have been made this season but the board remains fully committed to re-establishing Newcastle United as one of the leading teams in the Premier League.

I know how much you enjoyed seeing the Club challenging at the top end of the table and competing in Europe on a regular basis and we all want to see that again.

It may take a little time to achieve, but your continued support will be crucial in helping us get there.

Yours sincerely,

Simon Esland

Head of Customer Operations

Newcastle United Football Club

PLEASE NOTE ALL FIXTURES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

I know it's very much a case of 'well they would say that', but it's nice to see them acknowledging mistakes have been made. Same when Shearer said similar things the other week.

There's nothing worse than someone thinking they're right all the time.

If you mean the letter that 3 year upfront customers get its this:

Dear Supporter

Thank you for your letter/email regarding cancellation of your 3 year season ticket.  On behalf of everyone at Newcastle United, management, staff and players, I would like to thank you for your continued support of the Club.

This has been a very difficult season for all of us, and as I write this letter, I am fully aware that we have a tough run-in as we fight to maintain our Premier League status.  Certainly, none of us envisaged the 2008/09 campaign proving to be so testing when it began at Old Trafford against Manchester United back in August and I fully understand the frustrations of supporters over events that have unfolded since then.

Last summer, you showed great loyalty in the Club by committing to a three-year season ticket. It is that strength of support that makes Newcastle United the envy of so many other clubs, though it is something that must never be taken for granted.

Unfortunately, as stated in the terms and conditions at the time you took up the offer, the 3 year season ticket is non-refundable and therefore we are not able to offer you a refund on the remaining two seasons of your season ticket.

However, the Club recognises that each individual’s circumstances are different so if you feel there are extenuating circumstances regarding your request to cancel then please do contact me with details of the reason why you would like to cancel and I will consider your request.

I would urge all fans who signed up for three years as a season ticket holder to stick with the Club. Yes, mistakes have been made this season but the board remains fully committed to re-establishing Newcastle United as one of the leading teams in the Premier League.

I know how much you enjoyed seeing the Club challenging at the top end of the table and competing in Europe on a regular basis and we all want to see that again.

It may take a little time to achieve, but your continued support will be crucial in helping us get there.

Yours sincerely,

Simon Esland

Head of Customer Operations

Newcastle United Football Club

PLEASE NOTE ALL FIXTURES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

No we mean the letter they said they would send out to people who have paid up front when everyone else is getting their renewls. No for cancelling.

I still don't understand why people want to cancel myself ?

Guest Roger Kint

Wasnt aware there was another letter coming.

For the record i merely asked should we go down could i cancel due to the inevitability that they will not charge £450 plus for a ticket when they are stuck with 30000 empty seats therefore what possible advantage did i get for their utter incompetence. I will be going next year regardless but would have preferred the same courtesy as the DD people

Wasnt aware there was another letter coming.

For the record i merely asked should we go down could i cancel due to the inevitability that they will not charge £450 plus for a ticket when they are stuck with 30000 empty seats therefore what possible advantage did i get for their utter incompetence. I will be going next year regardless but would have preferred the same courtesy as the DD people

lol I like the way you put that :)