Bolton 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/03/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

Personally I thought Steven Taylor should have made more of an effort to track Gardner's run. Perhaps the run should have been tracked from midfield but once it wasn't then Taylor could see Coloccini had their striker to mark, he could see Gardner running in, and he had nobody to mark himself.

But instead of closing Gardner down, he doubled up with Coloccini on their striker.

Collocini was the nearest man and should have attempted to close down the immediate danger, leaving Taylor to come over and pick up the lad in the centre. Instead Collocini stood there watching while Gardner ran past him to score an easy goal.

Is correct however once Taylor realised Colo was going to stick to his man, he had to come over to cut off Gardner, which he didn't. It was a preventable goal.

The most annoying thing is that Martins is a player that can really make things happen but with Shola beside him he won't get a chance.

We NEED to play Viduka up with Martins. I wish we kept N'zogbia, him on the left with Jonas on the right might have created some problems through pace, but we have fuck all now.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Personally I thought Steven Taylor should have made more of an effort to track Gardner's run. Perhaps the run should have been tracked from midfield but once it wasn't then Taylor could see Coloccini had their striker to mark, he could see Gardner running in, and he had nobody to mark himself.

But instead of closing Gardner down, he doubled up with Coloccini on their striker.

Collocini was the nearest man and should have attempted to close down the immediate danger, leaving Taylor to come over and pick up the lad in the centre. Instead Collocini stood there watching while Gardner ran past him to score an easy goal.

Is correct however once Taylor realised Colo was going to stick to his man, he had to come over to cut off Gardner, which he didn't. It was a preventable goal.

The problem isnt the fact we are conceding, it is the fact that we are completely impotent going forward.

I hear many a pundit saying that with Owen, Martins, Viduka and Smith we have more firepower than those around us, however, in order for this to be true we need a supply line. Our midfield is the least creative, least physical midfield in the premier league. This and this alone is the reason we are where we are.

We werent very organised atall. This is hardly surprising considering we don't seem to have any tactics. Its like 442, then tell the players to go out and play. We play the same in every single match, dont change how we play against different teams, and don't have anybody to change to a plan b because there isnt one. The only influence the coaches seem to have is motivation.

Guest Mantis

Crap from start to finish, with a couple of exceptions, and the usual 'wrong' substitution.  Little alternative options on the bench.  Dont forget to buy your season tickets by end of May for another year of this pish.

Also, how much of a fucking joke are clubs like Bolton?

Fucking half-time cheerleaders (all for them elsewhere, skimpy clothes and all that) Singing for their mascot, some geezer dressed up as a lion, to give them a wave, and ask what the score was, and encourage to act like even more of a dick and piss their pants laughing at him is utterly pathetic.

Just about to start on TV over here. Should I even bother? I've been in a decent mood all day.

No. Seriously don't. I got up at 8 for this (3 hours of sleep), and I think I will regret it the rest of my life. Significantly worse to watch than the Everton match.

Just about to start on TV over here. Should I even bother? I've been in a decent mood all day.

No. Seriously don't. I got up at 8 for this (3 hours of sleep), and I think I will regret it the rest of my life. Significantly worse to watch than the Everton match.

:lol: I stayed up until six for it, and something just told me to go to sleep.

Also, how much of a f***ing joke are clubs like Bolton?

f***ing half-time cheerleaders (all for them elsewhere, skimpy clothes and all that) Singing for their mascot, some geezer dressed up as a lion, to give them a wave, and ask what the score was, and encourage to act like even more of a dick and piss their pants laughing at him is utterly pathetic.

The cheer-leaders looked very young to me. :o Something slightly dodgy about having young girls dancing about in skimpy gear. Perhaps I'm just getting old.

Also, how much of a f***ing joke are clubs like Bolton?

f***ing half-time cheerleaders (all for them elsewhere, skimpy clothes and all that) Singing for their mascot, some geezer dressed up as a lion, to give them a wave, and ask what the score was, and encourage to act like even more of a dick and piss their pants laughing at him is utterly pathetic.

The cheer-leaders looked very young to me. :o Something slightly dodgy about having young girls dancing about in skimpy gear. Perhaps I'm just getting old.

haha they did like.  Couldn't see their faces due to being quite far away/half-cut.

Still, brought back memories of Wigan and their cheap, tacky, fizzy-pop league-like structure.

Don't do it.

Don't do it.

Don't fucking do it.

I can't look away!

I'm not stopping up all night on suicide watch for Mike, someone else can do it.  :lol:

:lol:

It must have been bad enough to watch this live, but shit...

The combination of watching it and knowing the result, and having this be the match that followed Inter v Roma is just ridiculous.

We have one midfielder that goes forward.