U23s & Academy

Skirge

Strange to be playin a reserve on a Tuesday as home reserve games are normally Mondays,  actually i'm suprised we are playing this match at all when most of the youngsters like Ferguson, Ranger, Inman, Kadar, Morris etc are on international duty.  Also noticed Tavernier and Lough were missing against Leeds, presumably injured like Bahend so god know what team we'll put out.  With the game switched to SJP some senior players could get a run out.

Scoreboard82, your logic for going is the same as what got me and my old man going about 6 years ago as watching the match was better than stuck in on a Monday night as the wife watched Corrie, Eastenders and Corrie again on a Monday night

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Toon U18s 2-1 Boro U18s

(Inman, Airey)

---------------Robinson---------------

Nzuzi--Taylor--Henderson--Dummett

-----------------Mogwo-----------------

---------Newton-------Inman----------

McGorrigan-----------------------Adjei

------------------Airey-------------------

Subs: Alnwick, Leadbitter, Folan, Spear, Dan Williams

Windy and cold game that still had a pretty good tempo to it. Toon had most of the chances, with Phil Airey getting behind the Boro defense several times. His hardwork and determination paid off after 10mins as he chased a through ball to shoot, the keeper saved, but Inman was on hand to pick up the rebound to slot it home for the 1st. Newcastle's 2nd goal came in the second half, with Inman repaying Airey with a good cross that Airey headed home.

More to come...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Looks alreet in the center, has a determination and drive to his play to get forward, which helps when you've got the likes of Andy Mogwo still learning to play football and doesn't seem sure where to be or go. Newton is a good dribbler too, which adds something else to the attack to go alongside Inman's great through balls.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He's a hardworker, but does some daft tackles. He's been bounced between RB and Striker over the last year and I've got no idea what position he'd naturally fall into as he's looked good in both roles.

EDIT:

There's also talks of either Peter Beardsley or Kenny Wharton becoming the new Youth Academy Director, but no one knows 100% whats going on, and some of the youth players (mainly those with 1 year pro deals due to expire this Summer) feel a bit unsure as to whats going to happen.

I see Gazza was there yesterday, in a pair of shorts and tracksuit top. With him and Peter Beardsley being there, they made up almost a 5th of Englands Italia 90 team. A good win against a Boro side who haven't lost in a while by all accounts. Always freezing and windswept at that place though. I'm sure it would be like that in mid July even.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You know, I thought I saw someone like Gazza collecting the balls! Steve Stone is helping the kids too, wonder what Gazza is doing... hmm... TO THE BATCAVE!

EDIT:

Also notice Gazza has a Legends page on the nufc.co.uk website too...

It'll be Lovenkrands - Ranger surely?

Ranger is on international duty added to the fact that Vuckic and baheng are injured, Lovenkrands has to play as we had no one else!!

Some new players in the squad tonight like Leadbitter but missing the likes of Ferguson, Morris and Inman who like ranger are on international duty and Tavernier, kadar and Lough all injured. 

Thats a bit unfortunate for the people going to watch tonight for the 1st time as they will miss probably 5 out of the clubs " 6 best prospects",  only be kazenga playing (Inman, Vuckic, Nile, Tav and Ferguson being the others).