U23s & Academy

Skirge

How were the potential first-teamers? Campbell/Ranger/Vuckic etc.

Ranger missed a sitter. Think he looked a bit scared of the challenge from the keeper. Cambell=unfit. Vuckic,,, gonna be first team soon, and Kadar but the lad to look out for imo is Airey. he was only on for the last ten minuets but looked very sharp

How were the potential first-teamers? Campbell/Ranger/Vuckic etc.

Ranger missed a sitter. Think he looked a bit scared of the challenge from the keeper. Cambell=unfit. Vuckic,,, gonna be first team soon, and Kadar but the lad to look out for imo is Airey. he was only on for the last ten minuets but looked very sharp

How were Ferguson and Edmundsson?

Ferguson and Edmundsson. Ferguson had a good solid game as did edmundsson, but the lad from the faroes is just trying to dribble to much , ran into their center backs and gave away possesion . We often got it back though because their defence was so bunched and confused by his runs .

More like a 4-5-1, with Vuckic down the right. Was a good game of football (just back in) - impressed by Shane Ferguson - looks quick and has a trick or too as well as decent delivery. Ranger had a good scrap with the no.3 and Donaldson did well in midfield. Good attendance is well - just over 3700. :)

I really dont know but it looked like 4-3-3 to me with the full backs over lapping. imo it was ranger vukvic and edmundsson up front with ranger as the target man.

It looked like 4-5-1 to me until Airey came on and we looked to go 4-4-2.  Airey could have scored and was very unlucky within minutes of coming on.  I thought Kadar looked excellent and was probably our best player.  Ranger played well and I thought that Vuckic was quiet in the first half but came to life in the second and could have had another goal.  Ferguson played some really good football and never stopped running.  Edmundsson was full of running and didn’t look out of place against what looked like a physically strong Chelsea side.

We played some good football an were very unlucky to not get anything out of the game, the result doesn’t reflect the actual game as I thought that we were the better side and could have scored more than our two goals.

impressed with that match report from Chelsea,  pretty honest round up and not the normal bias that u get on official websites.

I really enjoyed the game tonight it was a cracking encounter but we should never have lost the game,  we had a free kick on the halfway line and should've either stuck it in the box or down into the corner,  instead Dummett hit it 40 yards back and square to Newton at right back, he was closed down, ball went out for a throw and 20 seconds later they are going clean through and Krul is conceding , a pen,  i think we owe the ref a huge favour as it was a stone wall red card which would have seen Krul banned for the cup game next week.

We started brilliantly, Donaldson scored a really ood goal and for 20 mins played some fantastic football,  they then  got into the game and although they probably deserved their equaliser them going in at HT with the lead was a bit flattering for them. 

2nd half started slowly for NUFC and Chelsea looked good but NUFC were excellent again in the last 25 mins, helped that Vuckic got more involved has he was quiet in the first half when out wide on the right.

Thought Kadar was excellent,  Edmondson played well and looks much stronger than last season.  Ferguson looked lively down the left while Vukcic was brilliant in the last 20 mins when we were on top.

Negatives would be i thought Campbell looked dodgy, that was his worst game of the 3 he's played which is worrying when he's pushing for a 1st team recall!  I like Connor Newton but he's not a right back and he had his hands full as they were strong down there left,  we missed Tav.  Last week we had no left hand side players apart from Dummett which meant we were lopsided in midfield and today we had no one to play on the right,  Newton (centre mid player) filling in at RB and Vuckic playing wide right which isn't his position either. 

Cracking crowd of 3700 but sadly for most this will be the last we see of the reserves till March,  next game is a 2pm kick at Whitley Park then the next few are at the training ground which fans won't be able to watch.