U23s & Academy

Skirge

Was at the u18s v Liverpool yesterday. One, off the pitch incident i noted was when Beardsley stood behind one of the goals, as he always does, retrieving stray balls. A Liverpool player went down in the box, incensing Beardo enough to be heard saying " I don't f***ing like to see anybody trying to get a lad a red card." Some scouse woman near me said "Peter Beardsley or not, what's he doing standing there? He shouldn't be standing there." Strange opinion on her part, given that there were "ordinary" fans stood behind the opposite goal. Meanwhile a member of Liverpools back room team walked round to Beardsley and the 2 of them exchanged strong words.

Fiercely contested game. The Spear sending off probably sealed our fate.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Haha, Beardsley always stands behind the top goal near the train tracks. Usually spends the game kicking extra balls off the supporting frame of the goal so they rebound back to him.  :lol: There was some scouse bloke at last week's U18, stood next to him and his wife (I think). Didn't think anything of it at the time, but might have been a club scout?

Adam Campbell is in the England U16 squad who play N. Ireland LIVE!!! on Sky Sports this Wednesday.

Actually excited about this for some reason.

Me too, unfortunately i will be working so i will have to record it, but i have heard a lot about him, so it will be good viewing to see for myself what type of player he is. For those who know, is he likely to start ?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Conor Newton injured - out for the rest of the season. He's the other ginger kid in the reserves.

Guest icemanblue

Conor Newton injured - out for the rest of the season. He's the other ginger kid in the reserves.

Shame. Best player on the pitch (til Vuckic came on) in that FA Youth Cup Semi against Villa last year. Has he made much progress this year?

Did anyone watch Adam Campbell playing for the England U16s against Northern Ireland the other night? I recorded and ran through it to pick out his highlights, although there weren't many, partly as he came off at half-time.

Did very little on the ball but what he did he did well, had a knack of unexpectedly keeping the ball for his team, I'd like to imagine he'd play better in a better one - intelligent possession play type thing. Only thing his teammates really offered was Devante Cole's bluster... His main involvement was England's best play of that half, when on the edge of the box he flicked the ball back on himself, parallel to the goal, and ultimately hit a very nice shot off the post. Looks like he's a well-weighted player as things stand, has good control over his limbs, which you'd hope given he's all of three foot tall... shorts down to his ankles. Still, his overall lack of impact on this particular game was a bit disappointing.