U23s & Academy

Skirge

Is there any hope Airey will step up? He seems to score for fun but doesn't seem to be one on the radar.

Anyone who his tally now for the season?

Reserves - 13 games - 11 goals

U18 - 4 games - 3 goals

and I think it is 2 in 2 cup games

Guest andyburn

Some right tossers there tonight, we were accosted by four if the inbreds who couldn't seem to grasp the term, "rejects". The fat little one, who nearly got himself punched by my lass, insisted that because they hadn't played for the first team, they were rejects.  I pointed out that Blyth had three of said Newcastle rejects in their team..still didn't make any difference to him.  Still, I suppose they were blinded by the wonder of electric lights.  It all stands to remind me why I never visit Blyth..it was a dump 30 years ago, and it's a dump now.

On the pitch, and I admit to not knowing the faces to match the names of the lads, but our number 4 looks great at this level. We didn't seem to want to shoot, more like wanting to walk the ball into the net.

A good night, and after my 46 years of waiting to see it...a trophy!

Some right tossers there tonight, we were accosted by four if the inbreds who couldn't seem to grasp the term, "rejects". The fat little one, who nearly got himself punched by my lass, insisted that because they hadn't played for the first team, they were rejects.  I pointed out that Blyth had three of said Newcastle rejects in their team..still didn't make any difference to him.  Still, I suppose they were blinded by the wonder of electric lights.  It all stands to remind me why I never visit Blyth..it was a dump 30 years ago, and it's a dump now.

On the pitch, and I admit to not knowing the faces to match the names of the lads, but our number 4 looks great at this level. We didn't seem to want to shoot, more like wanting to walk the ball into the net.

did you not see if lift the Championship trophy last season and then the huge one in the summer in Spain?

Guest andyburn

did you not see if lift the Championship trophy last season and then the huge one in the summer in Spain?

Not in front of my own eyes.  What happened to the big one..did Ashley melt it down?

Not in front of my own eyes.  What happened to the big one..did Ashley melt it down?

Wouldn't put it past him! lol

The number 4 was Paddy McLaughlin and yes he did play well, though him and Inman, no.8, pretty much ran the game in the middle of the park although Ameobi and Donaldson also played well.  Airey took his goals well although should have probably came off with the match ball as he had chances to get a hat trick.  Tavernier's goal was a screamer and is possibly the first goal at reserve level,  screamer from 25 yards which was virtually hitting the back of net before the keeper started diving!  Also thought young Streete did well before he was subbed,  suppose he does have school in the morning. 

All in all a really good match even allowing for the idiots in the crowd, sadly the younger NUFC element,  why they can't just sit and watch the game rather than standing at the back of the stand singing shite songs about Blyth i don't know.  It takes a special idiot to get himself thrown out of a reserve game.

Guest andyburn

The number 4 was Paddy McLaughlin and yes he did play well, though him and Inman, no.8, pretty much ran the game in the middle of the park although Ameobi and Donaldson also played well.  Airey took his goals well although should have probably came off with the match ball as he had chances to get a hat trick.  Tavernier's goal was a screamer and is possibly the first goal at reserve level,  screamer from 25 yards which was virtually hitting the back of net before the keeper started diving!  Also thought young Streete did well before he was subbed,  suppose he does have school in the morning. 

All in all a really good match even allowing for the idiots in the crowd, sadly the younger NUFC element,  why they can't just sit and watch the game rather than standing at the back of the stand singing s**** songs about Blyth i don't know.  It takes a special idiot to get himself thrown out of a reserve game.

Aye Inman, he has some speed doesn't he? Ameobi has exactly the same manner as Shola, although to give him credit he hasn't got the hands-on-head pose yet and hopefully won't.  It would be good to imagine some of these lads in the Premier league in a few years time, as you got the feeling they were just toying with Blyth and could step up a few gears.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

All in all a really good match even allowing for the idiots in the crowd, sadly the younger NUFC element,  why they can't just sit and watch the game rather than standing at the back of the stand singing shite songs about Blyth i don't know.  It takes a special idiot to get himself thrown out of a reserve game.

That's been my nagging issue with his game for the last few years now. Can't fault his attitude and application during a game, as he works hard and gets into the positions to score goals, but always comes across as if he doesn't think the ball will get to him, and if it does seems to snatch at the chance.

All in all a really good match even allowing for the idiots in the crowd, sadly the younger NUFC element,  why they can't just sit and watch the game rather than standing at the back of the stand singing s**** songs about Blyth i don't know.  It takes a special idiot to get himself thrown out of a reserve game.

That's been my nagging issue with his game for the last few years now. Can't fault his attitude and application during a game, as he works hard and gets into the positions to score goals, but always comes across as if he doesn't think the ball will get to him, and if it does seems to snatch at the chance.

there keeper pulled off two cracking saves in the 2nd half to deny him but early in the game Inman played him in down the inside right channel but he sliced it horribly high and wide into the leazes end.

I forgot the comedy moment of the night when the blyth keeper came and caught a cross from a corner went to take a quick kick to start a counter attack only to drill the kick into the back of the ref knocking him flat on his face.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard nothing about the reserves being scrapped and as the club seems to like the idea of bringing through our own young talent I find it very strange that this would happen.