U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest Heneage

Does anyone know anything about Folan? When I saw him in that photo I thought he was just Stephen Ireland's life partner.

I saw him interviewed on NUFC TV and he sounded a little horse.

As I live nearby, I sauntered down to the reserve game yesterday following a car throught the WBA training ground gates just on 3pm as the game kicked off.

Imagine my surprise as a frantic minion tore up to me coughing and spluttering that I had no right to be there and should leave immediately.

After calming him down and assuring him I was not a terrorist and my umbrella was not a weapon I left and walked around the outside of the ground to take up a position outside the fence in a hedge where I was joined by two old fellows who were WBA fans of some 40years or more. We could just about see the game taking place through the mesh of the fence from a distance of a football pitch width away and through the 50 or so people lining the touchline.

Together we chatted about the season and how I had made the 400mile round trip on Saturday to see us beat their deadly rivals Wolves 4-1 and how pleased I was that they had beaten Carrols Liverpool etc.

We obviously could be seen by the people on the touchline as one took pity and came over to us and pushed a teamsheet through the mesh for us to see who was playing.

The thought crossed my mind that if I was someone in authority there I would have said let them in, there are only 3 of them.

It brought it home to me just how little we matter as fans to these people at the clubs.

Villa will still want my £41 for a ticket this Sunday however while some Villa fans pay £15.

Talk about feeling taken for granted.

Blackburn res - Newcastle res tonight!

20mins - NEWCASTLE GOAL (0-1): Patrick McLaughlin's long throw causes havoc for Rovers and although they get the ball half clear, Grant Hanley then barges into the back of Ryan Donaldson for a blatant spot-kick. In-form Phil Airey steps up to send Kean the wrong way with a cool penalty - his tenth goal in 13 second-string starts this season.

In-form Phil Airey steps up to send Kean the wrong way with a cool penalty - his tenth goal in 13 second-string starts this season.

Now we know the real reason Venky's sacked Fat Sam - he refused to play in nets for the stiffs.

24mins - BLACKBURN GOAL (1-1): Newcastle force a corner but Rovers clear their lines and then break with pace through Diouf. He flies past the chasing McLaughlin before playing in Ruben Rochina, his strike partner, who is scampering down the middle. The pass is perfect and so is the finish, as the Spaniard chips the ball delicately over the onrushing Krul. A great counter-attack and a fantastic end product from the Blackburn man.

38mins - BLACKBURN GOAL (2-1): What a big save from Kean that now looks, as Rovers go straight downfield and score. It's the same combination who were behind the first, but this time it's Rochina who plays in Diouf, and the Senegal international shows great feet to take the ball round Krul before tapping into the empty net.