U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest MrSundlofer

Oh, I had totally missed that Yven Moyo had made his international debut for Congo in November 2011 in a 5–0 victory over São Tomé and Príncipe in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier...  ???

It probably doesn't help that some of them know there gone in the summer, even so Beardsley (iirc) was doing a much better job earlier in the season when he was coaching them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Team: Alnwick, Nzuzi, Moyo, McDermott, J.Henderson, Kadar (Dummett 46), Richardson, Newton, D.Taylor, Inman, McGorrigan (J Smith 46).

Sub n/u: Woodman

Ones in bold have been told they can leave, and are looking/have found new clubs to play to play for next season.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrSundlofer
The Newcastle squad to compete in the annual Citibank HKFC  International Soccer Sevens in Hong Kong his coming weekend has now been confirmed and reserve team coach Willie Donachie leads the following party:

Jak Alnwick, Adam Campbell, Paul Dummett, Brad Inman, JJ Hooper, Steven Logan, Brandon Miele, Michael Richardson, James Tavernier, Marcus Maddison.

United have been drawn in Group D and play their group games on Saturday afternoon at the Hong Kong Football Club in Happy Valley against Aston Villa, Hong Kong Football Club and HKFA Dragons.

The knockout stages are on Sunday.

Competing teams:

Group A: Rangers, mackems, Singapore CC, Kowloon CC

Group B: Celtic, West Ham, Leicester City, HKFC Select

Group C: Chelsea, Kitchee, HKFA Lions, Yau Yee Select

Group D: Aston Villa, NUFC, HKFA Dragons, Hong Kong FC

Guest Craig-NUFC

Got a 16 year old trailist called Lubomir Satka gone with the squad to Hong Kong too.

The 16 year old Slovakian has signed a 3 year deal according to .com

Interesting. Central defender and captain of Slovakia U17s.

Cool. Could be him Pardew was on about then? And not that Lowinsky.

The 16 year old Slovakian has signed a 3 year deal according to .com

Interesting. Central defender and captain of Slovakia U17s.

Cool. Could be him Pardew was on about then? And not that Lowinsky.

Would suprise me. He talked about that young player like a player who could feature for the first team next season.

Don't think Pardew will be involved in the scouting for the academy, i'm not even sure Carr will be, wouldn't be suprised if there was a seperate set-up all together for these youngsters.

Looks like the club is having a bit of a re-vamp. Wouldn't be suprised to see Donachie moved on.

Guest MrSundlofer

Wonder who is scouting/deciding to sign these lads or if they're just being put forward by agents?

Scouting them = our scouts I suppose.

Decides to sign them = our U18 coaches after a trial?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wonder who is scouting/deciding to sign these lads or if they're just being put forward by agents?

Scouting them = our scouts I suppose.

Decides to sign them = our U18 coaches after a trial?

Rob Atkin, Joe Joyce & Peter Beardsley.