U23s & Academy

Skirge

NEWCASTLE United Reserves continue their defence of the Northumberland Senior Cup on Tuesday night with Newcastle Benfield making the short trip to Whitley Park (kick-off 7pm).

The Geordies have cruised to the last four of the competition and disposed of Team Northumbria in emphatic fashion in the last round with a resounding 5-0 success.

On target that night was impressive Slovenian youngster Haris Vuckic and he is again set to figure in the squad which faces the Northern League side.

Coach Richard Money will choose from the following squad;

Fraser Forster, Max Johnson, Sammy Adjei, Ryan Donaldson, Mark Doninger, Shane Ferguson, Matthew Grieve, Jonny Godsmark, Brad Inman, Darren Lough, Callum Morris, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Nile Ranger, James Tavernier, James Taylor, Frank Wiafe Danquah, Haris Vuckic

From NUFC.CO.UK

No Aaron Spear anywhere in sight?

NEWCASTLE United Reserves continue their defence of the Northumberland Senior Cup on Tuesday night with Newcastle Benfield making the short trip to Whitley Park (kick-off 7pm).

The Geordies have cruised to the last four of the competition and disposed of Team Northumbria in emphatic fashion in the last round with a resounding 5-0 success.

On target that night was impressive Slovenian youngster Haris Vuckic and he is again set to figure in the squad which faces the Northern League side.

Coach Richard Money will choose from the following squad;

Fraser Forster, Max Johnson, Sammy Adjei, Ryan Donaldson, Mark Doninger, Shane Ferguson, Matthew Grieve, Jonny Godsmark, Brad Inman, Darren Lough, Callum Morris, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Nile Ranger, James Tavernier, James Taylor, Frank Wiafe Danquah, Haris Vuckic

From NUFC.CO.UK

No Aaron Spear anywhere in sight?

They are playing against adults/experienced non-league players someone as young as Spear would get rinsed.

Guest toonlass

theres parking at the ground.  should be plenty spaces if your there around 20 mins before ko.

Ok, cheers thought I might take the bairns up there tonight

United Book Place In Senior Cup Final

NEWCASTLE UNITED RES 2

NEWCASTLE BENFIELD 1

Northumberland Senior Cup Semi-Final

Whitley Park

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kick-off 7pm

ALAN Shearer was among the crowd as Newcastle United Reserves booked their place in the final of the Northumberland Senior Cup with a 2-1 victory over Newcastle Benfield at Whitley Park.

The Magpie boss was joined at the North Tyneside venue by coaches Iain Dowie, Chris Huhgton and Colin Calderwood, as well as senior star Alan Smith.

Teenage striker Nile Ranger, an unused substitute during Saturday's 1-1 draw at Stoke, was included in a young United side which was second best to their Northern League opponents during the early exchanges.

And it was Benfield who seized an early lead when goalkeeper Fraser Forster was undone by an untimely bobble as he rushed to the edge of his area to clear allowing Ian Graham to nick in and score on 14 minutes.

The visitors were more than a match for United for the majority of the opening period and only Mark Doninger, with a speculative effort from range, and Ranger, with a 12-yard header, came close to restoring parity before Wesley Ngo Baheng struck four minutes before the break.

Seizing upon a blocked clearance after good work from strike partner Ranger, the French forward burst in on goal before tucking under on-rushing stopper Andrew Grainger.

Seven minutes into the second period and the hosts had their noses in front as Jonny Godsmark squared for supporting midfielder Doninger to steer low into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

Richard Money's side were in control thereafter and Godsmark should have extended the lead on 73 minutes only to be thwarted by keeper Grainger when through on goal.

James Tavernier then flashed a close-ranger header over the crossbar after Doninger had cushioned Godsmark's centre into the path of the front-running defender.

United now face Ashington in the final of the competition at St.James' Park next month.

I guess Smith keeps going to the reserves matches because they're hoping that if he keeps watching them, he'll be good enough to play for the Reserves one day?

Or perhaps he's just supporting his team mates.

I guess Smith keeps going to the reserves matches because they're hoping that if he keeps watching them, he'll be good enough to play for the Reserves one day?

Or perhaps your stalking is getting infantile and tedious.

That's exactly how I'd sum up your negativity recently.

Seriously? I'm the most noticeably negative person? On THIS forum? :lol:

What is this "let's gang up on the easy target" day?

I think stupeedo picked up on it the other day too, it's just boring.

f***ing hell. Arguing about Alan Smith at a reserves game and being underdogs against Spurs? Find something better to bicker about man :lol:

You mean Greg?  oldtype made a post that was blatently a joke (and quite funny, IMO) then everyone else jumps on it for no reason.  Sad really.

Alan Smith looks after himself, doesnt drink and seems to show an interest in whats going on around him. He's a good guy with a brilliant attitude. Its ashame he's shit, but I respect him and his attitude as much as anyone at our club.

Guest Heneage

I think stupeedo picked up on it the other day too, it's just boring.

Dave said we were down the other day. :lol:

Alan Smith looks after himself, doesnt drink and seems to show an interest in whats going on around him. He's a good guy with a brilliant attitude. Its ashame he's s***, but I respect him and his attitude as much as anyone at our club.

haha.. respect his attitude

If he had any attitude he wouldn't let himself become a laughing stock on the pitch.. same goes for Owen, Duff, Ameobi, Viduka, Butt, Nolan and of course Ryan f***ing Taylor.. they s*** themselves every time they touch the ball but noooo, they're THE HONEST PROS and I'm meant to admire them for taking us to relegation while earning tens of thousands a day..

f*** that s*** man.. the way we played the last couple of games, it seems to me they've already given up.. no respect whatsoever for any of those wankers

Guest toonlass

What the fuck is your problem Oldtype?