U23s & Academy

Skirge

I imagine he absolutely owns that league. Hope we're careful with him cos there's a serious, serious prospect there imo. I know it's 'just' a goal - but that strike against Wigan combined with the obvious promise he's shown in other matches - he looks a real talent. He's the only youngster in the squad I've been vaguely excited about in years (Vuckic aside, perhaps, but he just seems destined never to work out).

Whey, I don't think he'll be long term in the U21s. He's played 60 seconds of football all summer, he needs the minutes. I imagine he'll get a one or two month loan once the season's settled down, if not he'll be in the first 18 and getting minutes, hopefully.

I think he's class tbh, never going to happen but I'd have him ahead of Tiote (not saying they are the same sort of player before anyone starts :lol:).

Absolutely. Even if he's not at his level yet (:yao:), at least there's absolutely masses of potential.

Whey, I don't think he'll be long term in the U21s. He's played 60 seconds of football all summer, he needs the minutes. I imagine he'll get a one or two month loan once the season's settled down, if not he'll be in the first 18 and getting minutes, hopefully.

True, but I've had him with the first team all pre-season (unless he's had an injury I've missed?)

Guest bimpy474

I think it's too soon for Bigi to play regularly in the Premiership, imo he should go into a Championship team for season long loan. Then into our 1st team the season after, if his loan goes as well as i'd expect it too. He's definitely got something.

I think it's too soon for Bigi to play regularly in the Premiership, imo he should go into a Championship team for season long loan. Then into our 1st team the season after, if his loan goes as well as i'd expect it too. He's definitely got something.

Why? Not being an arse - just - what's that based on? It wouldn't be the first, tenth, twentieth time an 18-year-old has made a name for himself in a Premier League side.

Guest bimpy474

Why? Not being an arse - just - what's that based on? It wouldn't be the first, tenth, twentieth time an 18-year-old has made a name for himself in a Premier League side.

When he played he was good some games, and others he gave the ball away a lot. That's usually what a young player will do. For me he'll get bits and pieces games for us (mainly because of Pardew preference for Tiote) and he needs to play more, and a loan would help him progress as a footballer.

Dont get me wrong i like him but i think he needs games.

:lol: aye let's write them all off.

That's not what I said at all. It's just a matter of not seeing any progress in this area, despite it apparently being a priority for Ashley. Either way, most successful youth academies write off the majority of their youngsters. To get one or two players who break through every season, loads of others will fail to do so.

:lol: aye let's write them all off.

That's not what I said at all. It's just a matter of not seeing any progress in this area, despite it apparently being a priority for Ashley. Either way, most successful youth academies write off the majority of their youngsters. To get one or two players who break through every season, loads of others will fail to do so.

What do you expect with Willy f***ing Donachie in charge?

Totally agree btw.

Guest bimpy474

Following Ryder at the u21'S game, Mbabu at RB sound like he playing very well.

We won he got an assist

Aye i noticed, Ryder also said he Wolves players targetted Mbabu for some kicking, handled very well apparently.