U23s & Academy

Skirge

Watch Ryder swoop onto this like a hawk.

If it is right, I'm amazed it hasn't been peddled like him/the club already. Ryder is usually on the ball with academy stuff compared to the rest of life.

We might just be making the numbers up though and the author is confused.

Watch Ryder swoop onto this like a hawk.

If it is right, I'm amazed it hasn't been peddled like him/the club already. Ryder is usually on the ball with academy stuff compared to the rest of life.

We might just be making the numbers up though and the author is confused.

Yeah, thought I read the review process is every 2 years. We have already fk up the few chances we had, I'll be surprised if Ashley is suddenly interested in the top category despite what had been peddled by the club.

Yet another case of lack of communication from the club,  the failure to achieve CAT 1 status could have been disastrous for the club and i know plenty of people were interested to know what was happening.

I see in that Category 1 fixture list that we are to play Wolves at SJP at 3pm on Saturday, 17th August. 

First day of the Premier League season but we don't play until the Monday night.  Brings back memories of the old Central League when the reserves would play at home on a Saturday when the first team were away.

Yet another case of lack of communication from the club,  the failure to achieve CAT 1 status could have been disastrous for the club and i know plenty of people were interested to know what was happening.

Can´t believe why you wouldn´t want to communicate something like that. piss club.

Kemen Set For Debut

By Dan King - Newcastle United Digital Editor

New boy Olivier Kemen is set to make his Newcastle United debut when a Magpies under-21 side take on Workington on Wednesday (kick-off 7.30pm).

The teenage midfielder arrived from Metz earlier this month and is included in Willie Donachie and Peter Beardsley's squad for the friendly at Borough Park - the second-string's first public game of the summer.

United lost 3-0 to Scottish First Division side Hamilton Academical's first-team last week and were beaten 2-0 by Southampton's under-21s on Saturday, with both games played behind-closed-doors at the Little Benton Academy.

Admission prices are £10 for adults and £5 concessions, with goalkeeper Jonathan Mitchell returning to the Cumbrian outfit for the first time since a successful loan spell last season and midfielder Steven Logan hails from nearby Carlisle.

Curtis Good, Michael Richardson and Kevin Mbabu are also involved while there are call-ups for a host of Academy players including first-years Freddie Woodman and Ben Drennan.

The squad is: Rolando Aarons, Lewis Aird, Macauley Booth, Ben Drennan, Macaulay Gillesphey, Curtis Good, Olivier Kemen, Steven Logan, Kevin Mbabu, Ryan McKinnon, Jonathan Mitchell, Jonathyn Quinn, Michael Richardson, Lubo Satka, Jamie Sterry, Freddie Woodman.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130724/kemen-set-for-debut_2281670_3326459

Guest bimpy474

"Panathinaikos have signed Newcastle's Mehdi Abeid on a long season loan", doing the rounds on twitter at the moment.

"Panathinaikos have signed Newcastle's Mehdi Abeid on a long season loan", doing the rounds on twitter at the moment.

Would effectively be a free transfer since he's into his last year and been told to find a new club.

My bad. Got confused. He has 3 more years.

Guest bimpy474

Would effectively be a free transfer since he's into his last year and been told to find a new club.

Yep, think you're spot on.

Bah.

Won the thing last season didn't we? :indi:

Nah, got humped off some Brazilians in the final. Did well to get there though and Campbell got man of the tournament IIRC.

He did.  Sounds like Adam Armstrong has had a really strong tournament.  A cracker in those highlights and 4 or 5 goals in 3 matches.