Hughton is not a manager!

jimmymag

For me the most worrying aspect of our current predicament is that Chris Hughton has been given the manager's job for the forseeable future. It shows how utterly naive Ashley and Lambiarse really are.

Anyone who knows anything about the game knows that Hughton is incapable of making the decisions that will need to be made, proven by his team selection v Everton and taking Oba off on Sunday, and he's incapable of inspiring this group of wasters and underachievers to go out and get the results we're going to need to stay up. I agree with McManaman that neither Hughton or Calderwood have the passion, confidence, personality or bottle to get us out of this mess.

Time is of the essence and if, as I fully expect, we get spanked by the Mancs tomorrow, Ashley should be sounding prospective managers out now to come in before the vital clash at Hull in 10 days time. If Ashley and Labiarse aren't looking at contingencies now I'm afraid we are on our way to the Championship.

Guest BooBoo

He's feckless and makes Roeder look like an alsation. Difficult to think of a less inspiring managers/ coach/ whateverthehell.

Can't really argue with a word of it. Hughton is clueless IMO, and the chances of of a wet sponge like him inspiring international footballers to perform are zero I'm afraid.

They're not going to get an interim manager in from outside the club whilst Kinnear is out. If you can name someone more suitable who is already at the club then I'm all ears. I agree about the team selection, and I was unhappy with Oba coming off but I could understand the latter as he has just come back from injury. I'm not saying you are wrong but are you privy to what actually goes on in the changing room? Yes Hughton might seem very dull in public, but I've not seen absolute proof that he's totally incapable in the dressing room. Kinnear is no doubt a lot stronger in terms of passion and emotion, but aside from that he's clearly quite clueless. And with all that said, he doesn't seem to inspire much either

The simple fact however is that we shouldn't be waiting for Kinnear to come back. I appreciate his ill health and I wish him all the best with that but there really is no reason to keep him on except for continuity and stability reasons till the end of the season. The results thus far have been bad enough that under any other regime/scenario, we'd have surely been rid of him by now. Instead we hear that he's been offered an extended contract (as a reward for what exactly?).

They're not going to get an interim manager in from outside the club whilst Kinnear is out. If you can name someone more suitable who is already at the club then I'm all ears. I agree about the team selection, and I was unhappy with Oba coming off but I could understand the latter as he has just come back from injury. I'm not saying you are wrong but are you privy to what actually goes on in the changing room? Yes Hughton might seem very dull in public, but I've not seen any proof that he's totally incapable in the dressing room. Kinnear is no doubt a lot stronger in terms of passion and emotion, but aside from that he's clearly quite clueless. And with all that said, he doesn't seem to inspire much either

The simple fact however is that we shouldn't be waiting for Kinnear to come back, I appreciate his ill health and I wish him all the best with that but there really is no reason to keep him on except for continuity and stability reasons till the end of the season. The results thus far have been bad enough that under any other regime/scenario, we'd have surely been rid of him by now. Instead we hear that he's been offered an extended contract (as a reward for what exactly?).

if we wait for Kinnear we are fucked. Let Kinnear down gently or move him upstair whatever, he cannot be the manager of this club any longer

The Hull game is possibly the most important game in a very long time. Good ol Derek better get on the phone to one of those managers banging on his door coz unless we get someone in after the Man Utd game i have no doubt relegation will happen

If there's not a change in manager we will get relegated, you can be sure of that! Everyone else is battling for their place so we can't rely on them to keep losing anymore.

Not sure how he can command the respect of top level proven pro's such as Owen, Beye, Martins etc.

One of my main worries going into the last 11 games this. When the going get's even tougher, can he make the right decisions? Can he drop those experienced players who aren't performing? Will the players even listen to him?

The run-in will be all about players having to show some professional pride for once, because, if they're needing inspiration or top man management then we're fucked.

Surely even that Richard Money would be a better option than Hughton. Its ridiculous how we are trusting our Premier League status on clipboard Chris. It really is staggering. Les Ferdinand, who was at Spurs when he was a coach said as much on Football Matters last night.

if we get a decent full time manager in (ie someone better than kinnear) I think we will survive. Ashley and Co just dosnt seem to want to give up on Kinnear/Hugton

if we get a decent full time manager in (ie someone better than kinnear) I think we will survive. Ashley and Co just dosnt seem to want to give up on Kinnear/Hugton

cos thier cheap.

They are trying hard to run this club like a Discount sportswear store..the difference is, stores dont get relegated, we are going to, unless they wake up to it.

Guest Stephen927

I'd worry about Kinnear coming back from such a serious operation into such a high pressure environment.

Maybe it's time to pay him the rest of his contract and bring in a permanent manager.

IMO who our leader is on the pitch is more important at the moment...and in Steve Harper I think we have selected the right man for the remainder of this campaign...

I don't understand. You think Steve Harpers alleged leadership will keep us up?

IMO who our leader is on the pitch is more important at the moment...and in Steve Harper I think we have selected the right man for the remainder of this campaign...

Seriously? I don't think we have ANY leaders on the pitch myself. Always concerns me when a goalkeeper is captain too.

Well to be honest, whatever Kinnear was playing, Hughton is more than likely going to continue to play that way. Whether Kinnear and/or Hughton can motivate a team remains to be seen, and the only thing that can change is personel within the team/squad, attitudes and performances.

Harper will have a positive attitude and will be determined to do all in his power to keep us up, showing a bit more passion than most others.

I don't mean he is the most important piece of our survival by any means, I just think he will provide the much needed leadership which could benefit alot of his team-mates.

Well to be honest, whatever Kinnear was playing, Hughton is more than likely going to continue to play that way. Whether Kinnear and/or Hughton can motivate a team remains to be seen, and the only thing that can change is personel within the team/squad, attitudes and performances.

Harper will have a positive attitude and will be determined to do all in his power to keep us up, showing a bit more passion than most others.

I don't mean he is the most important piece of our survival by any means, I just think he will provide the much needed leadership which could benefit alot of his team-mates.

I think this is the problem tbh. We are relying on motivation rather than tactics. The thing, like at Bolton on Sunday, when our play isnt working because of a lack of a plan and tactics, motivation seems to be sucked out of the team. They just resort to punting it to Martins or Shola rather than following any plan. Motivations all well and good, but when its zapped straight out of the team, like it was when Bolton got their early second half goal, we're fucked!

Guest Phil K

When they eventually own up that giving the job to Joe, never mind Houghton was a bad idea, it'll be too late.

We are in deep shit. DEEP, DEEP shit.