This Wayne Rooney business....

Big Geordie

Not sure if many have heard about this, but it seems that Wayne Rooney made some comments ahead of tomorrow's game against Liverpool, which went up on the Man United website and were subsequently taken down. In the interview, he confirmed his 'hatred for Liverpool'  (being an Everton supporter and a Man United player)  and that he'd take great delight in ending their title hopes tomorrow.  Seems as if someone at Man United objected to it and it's been taken off the site so as not to create more tension ahead of tomorrow's game.

It is a case of censorship being taken too far yet again? I don't have a problem with what Rooney said (from what I read about it) He speaks with passion and that is good when passion seems to becoming a lost art form within the game.

What say you's?

Guest Stephen927

I don't think he said anything wrong, just talked about wanting to win the league 3 times in a row because Chelsea did it twice in a row when Abramovich came in.

This is the bit that got it deleted I think..

"I grew up an Everton fan, my whole family are Everton fans and I grew up hating Liverpool. And that hasn’t changed.

Liverpool have been brilliant and put up a good challenge, but it will be great if on Saturday we can finally finish that challenge off.

For me, it is our biggest game of the season. If we can beat Liverpool it will almost certainly put them out of the title race.

For everyone at United, especially myself, that would be a great feeling."

Load of fuss over nothing.

I'd say exactly the same if i were in his shoes, better than normal meek crap that playes come out with. Hope Man U stick it to them tomorrow. Hopefully Rooney and G.Neville to score, Gerrard to get sent off.

I haven't read Rooney's comments but if an opposition player came out and voiced that he'd love to be the one who scored the goal that sent NUFC down I'd be angry. He may think that but there is no need to tell the media that. Rooney may be in for some tasty challenges from Liverpool players, to go with the dodgy ones he usually does himself (and gets away with apart from in Europe).

Guest Brummiemag

I agree with you big geordie, but you cant say anything these days without offending somebody. A fuss over nothing

I don't think he said anything wrong, just talked about wanting to win the league 3 times in a row because Chelsea did it twice in a row when Abramovich came in.

This is the bit that got it deleted I think..

"I grew up an Everton fan, my whole family are Everton fans and I grew up hating Liverpool. And that hasn’t changed.

Liverpool have been brilliant and put up a good challenge, but it will be great if on Saturday we can finally finish that challenge off.

For me, it is our biggest game of the season. If we can beat Liverpool it will almost certainly put them out of the title race.

For everyone at United, especially myself, that would be a great feeling."

Load of fuss over nothing.

Absolutely nothing wrong with those comments.

Guest quklaani
Growing up in Huyton, I was taught to loathe United, their fans, players, manager, kit-man, mascot — everyone associated with Old Trafford.

And during 90 minutes of football I want United to die

Don't remember much of a fuss over these comments from a certain Liverpool player a couple of years back, hell it took me ages to find out what it was he said because it was only a vague memory for me.  Rooney has a very odd relationship with the press, half the time he's getting crucified over nothing, and the other half they're completely ignoring things he actually does wrong. 

Anyway, nervous as anything, I just hope he beats the crap out of them like he did last year.

Nowt wrong with it, like. Seems like you cant say a bad word about anyone these days. God, I'd LOVE to see what the likes of Richard 'PC' Keys and Andy 'No end sympathy' would have to say about this!  ;D I missed out Jamie 'fucks his dad' Redknapp because, well.....I hate him. Prick.

But if a mackem player said that they 'hate' Newcastle in the run up to a Tyne-Wear derby, it'd just add spice to it. It'd be great, imo. There'd be a more than hostile reception waiting for him with our fans, but I wouldnt get that offended. It would just make it sweeter when we win!

On another note I hope Man Utd fucking hammer those cheating, murdering scouse bastards tomorrow!

I haven't read Rooney's comments but if an opposition player came out and voiced that he'd love to be the one who scored the goal that sent NUFC down I'd be angry. He may think that but there is no need to tell the media that. Rooney may be in for some tasty challenges from Liverpool players, to go with the dodgy ones he usually does himself (and gets away with apart from in Europe).

Yeah, I remember reading Jonny Wilkinson's autbiography and he said the England rugby team weren't allowed to say anything in interviews that would spur the other team on, that's probably why its been taken down.