Ashley has no one else to blame if we go down

TRon

We are now getting to see and feel why KK left - because those in charge are clueless and unprofessional. Remember KK was privy to their cluelessness and their unprofessionalism. We were not at the time, and why were we not? Because KK was hiding their weaknesses with performances on the pitch and we the fans put any fears to the backs of our minds about the new owner and his system because in KK we trusted and if KK was happy then so were we. KK left plenty of hints though and looking back we can now put together a time-line of events that transpired to piss him off to the extent where he felt "fuck this, I can't work with these idiots" and did what he will do 10 times out of 10 if he can't work with people, he left.

But still he gets stick and still some complete and utter fuckwits think he should have stayed around with all those reasons for him to stay changing and changing over time as the real truth unravels (the complete ineptitude and mismanagement of the club from atop). At first he should have stayed around to see who they would have bought in January but as we all know what happened in Jan that can no longer be trotted out so now he should have stayed on the quite frankly ridiculous basis that if he really did love us he'd stick around.

Aye Kev, never mind being undermined or having to answer to people who clearly don't share your passion, your committment, your ideas nor give a damn about your skills, your knowledge, your experience and even your standing with us lot, if you loved us you'd put up with anything.

Honestly, fuck right off. He's not your dad, someone who would give his life for you or make unbelievable sacrifices and the very fact many fans expect so much on that kind of level from people connected with the club be it KK or Shay Given ("should have stayed if he really loved us") to Mike Ashley ("should cut his losses if he genuinely cared about us") is fucking insane.

Get real!

Anyway, once again, if we stay up, will KK get some credit? And if not, why the hell not if he would be to blame in part if we went down?

Freddy Shepherd isn't to blame, nor is Souness, nor is KK or Keith Barret. The man responsible for all this mess is Mike Ashley.

The reason why there is no money to spend? Because Mike Ashley failed to do due dilligence and ever since has been on a cost cutting mission or a money saving mission.

The reason why that team of our is shit? See above.

The reason why no manager worth his salt would touch us? Well when you undermine a manager and prove yourself to be pretty fucking clueless and indeed reckless when it comes to the game not just once or twice but in every decision you make or every decision you don't make, well who would want to tie themselves to such a recipe of failure. Only the truly desparate and speaking of Joe Kinnear...

Who is responsible for him? Mike Ashley.

Who is responsible for Chris Hughton? Mike Ashley.

And Calderwood? Yep, wor Mike.

The buck stops with him.

We are all paying for his monumental financial gaffe that is the purchase of our club and his total inability to run it effectively and now his desire to get shot of it without making a hefty loss.

The sooner he does that the better so we can get away from this absolute football fuckwit who has no place in the game never mind at our club, he is that clueless.

To achieve what he has done since he took over defies belief it really does.

Just where will it end is the scary part because things will get much worse before they get any better.

I wouldn't mind but running this club should be the easiest thing in the world and when he brought KK back half the battle was won with one stroke of a lawyers pen on that contract.

KK didn't want the earth contrary to media bull shit fed by the club (Beckham, Henry, Ronaldinho et al :lol:) he just wanted to work with passionate, committed people who knew what they were doing and more importantly what he was doing or what he wanted to do and that was to build a team us lot could be proud of, one that could go to grounds like Old Trafford, play football, compete and pick up something. A Kevin Keegan side basically. One that played the game in the right spirit, that had ambition and played with passion and commitment. In essence everything KK stands for which is the complete opposite of what Ashley and his cronies stand for.

And what they stand for is also opposite of what we the fans stand for and Newcastle United.

Oh and I love how a god number in here are now turning and finally seeing them for what they are and that is people who are no good for this club.

Sadly our position in the table is what has opened peoples eyes.

Me? The moment KK decided he couldn't work with them opened mine.

If KK feels they are no good, they really are no good.

But still, if he really loved us...

Again: FUCK OFF!

Spot on Sir!!

Top post. Obviously I didn't have the will power to read it all but from the bits I did it sounded spot on.

:lol:

responding to HTT's post - you can see why keegan left and how bad the working relationship was just from the juvenile press releases at the time, the "it is a fact" one specifically. There were also leaks to the press that tried to do a hatchet job on Keegan while painting in the club in a good light, which just backfired and made the people in charge look clueless and puerile - rubbishing plans to sign the likes of Dunne because he has no "resale value" and admitting that other board members referred to "the madness of king kev." The amazing thing is that the club actually thought childish shit like that would impress us. in reality they were digging their own grave.

goes without saying that the club has been ran terribly since then.

i dont know how much relegation will cost us £3o million ish,.. if they had left keegan in charge, and give him that 30 mil,.. i believe we would be sniffing round europe, and Ashleys asset would be appreciating,.we would be watching exciting attacking football, What a fucking mess Ashley has made, it would have been cheaper to back keegan, you fucking fuckwit.

indeed. Its called speculating to accumulate, a huge amount of people on here though, roundly disagreed with me when I said this was how its done, prefering to support Mike Ashley's prudency and aim to "put the books right".

His predecessors would have speculated to accumulate, as they had always done. Prudency in football doesn't work, it isn't like a "normal business", despite all those other people trotting out all the old "business" jargons and bollocks as if they were talking about Marks and Spencer and Curries.

Will he even compete to get out of the championship, given that half the crowd will have disappeared back to where they came from years ago. What level of player will we be signing as he continues to "keep the books balanced".

Top post. Obviously I didn't have the will power to read it all but from the bits I did it sounded spot on.

responding to HTT's post - you can see why keegan left and how bad the working relationship was just from the juvenile press releases at the time, the "it is a fact" one specifically. There were also leaks to the press that tried to do a hatchet job on Keegan while painting in the club in a good light, which just backfired and made the people in charge look clueless and puerile - rubbishing plans to sign the likes of Dunne because he has no "resale value" and admitting that other board members referred to "the madness of king kev." The amazing thing is that the club actually thought childish shit like that would impress us. in reality they were digging their own grave.

i dont know how much relegation will cost us £3o million ish,.. if they had left keegan in charge, and give him that 30 mil,.. i believe we would be sniffing round europe, and Ashleys asset would be appreciating,.we would be watching exciting attacking football, What a fucking mess Ashley has made, it would have been cheaper to back keegan, you fucking fuckwit.

indeed. Its called speculating to accumulate, a huge amount of people on here though, roundly disagreed with me when I said this was how its done, prefering to support Mike Ashley's prudency and aim to "put the books right".

His predecessors would have speculated to accumulate, as they had always done. Prudency in football doesn't work, it isn't like a "normal business", despite all those other people trotting out all the old "business" jargons and bollocks as if they were talking about Marks and Spencer and Curries.

The biggest mistake has been trying to run it like a normal business.

Guest Wally_McFool

when keegan walked [again] ,all this shit started ..... look after no.1 thats Kevins motto.

Top post by HTT

Keegan wouldn't have walked if Fatty had heeded the warnings from Keegan (and Allardyce) about having a weak under strength squad,

This shit you speak of has been coming for ages and has been accelerated by the gormless and clueless owner and his so called friends who are going to end up causing him to lose tens of millions of pounds.

well, they will see the fruits of thier arguments, in the championship.

i never wanted wild spending, i just wanted sensible investment vwith Keegan in overall charge, like i said before, .this would have been cheaper than being relegated,.

The biggest mistake has been trying to run it like a normal business.

indeed, but a huge amount of people disagreed with that assessment.

We are now nearing the end of the 2nd year of Mikes "plan", which nobody before him had of any description.

i can't see how it's been ran as a normal business when someone is reaching into their pockets to keep it going.

his biggest mistake was keeping kinnear after it became obvious no-one wanted to buy the club.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ashley's plan is guaranteed to fail because it does not and never will do in its current form place any real value on the manager, which is why they let KK go. Afterall, he was only the motivator and any fucker can do that hence Joe Kinnear and now Chris Hughton.

Which leads me to seriously question the motive behind KK's appointment....

Was it to recreate the whole Entertainers era? Was it f***, KK was appointed to keep fans happy during transfer windows where the bare minimum would be spent and to sell season tickets - in advance!

We have all been sold a lie, none more so than KK who I guarantee would not have returned if he thought he wouldn't have been given the kind of funds required to turn this club around, funds that were promised to him, funds Ashley has said several times himself would be made available to the manager.

And before anyone starts... we are not talking mega money. First of all KK despite popular misconception is not and never has been a chequebook manager but he can not deliver results on a shoestring budget, not consistently and nor can any manager really.

When he took us to promotion back in '93 the likes of Derby County and Wolves spent more than we did. When we finished 3rd we were one of the lowest spenders in the league and I remember very vividly big concern among fans during the close season that we were not spending enough.

The following season we were once again a low spender compared to some of our rivals (bringing about more fears on the stands) and even though we spent big the following season, we were not doing it in a fashion akin to the modern day Chelsea or Man Utd who can and have spent far and away more than anyone else could. Remember we did make £7m from the sale of Andy Cole.

Of course we broke the world record for Shearer in 96 which was massive money but not something a Man Utd, a Liverpool or an Arsenal couldn't do, even Chelsea were starting to spend big back then.

Most clubs were. Middlesbrough for example spent a fortune on their Brazilians and Ravanelli. Villa were spending big on the likes of Mark Draper, Milosovic etc. (that was £10m there, or Sir Les and Warren Barton - £7m of that outlay came from the sale of Cole) so again it wasn't like we were several financial steps up on the ladder, we were not, every club was spending "big" for their day (due to all the money pouring into the game) but only a handful of clubs were winning as many games as we were. The end result of that spending was wins and success. Basically money well spent.

KK would have wanted money to spend but you have to measure that want by the need to spend, and he like any manager needs money and NUFC especially needed to spend money to get back up into the top 6 and Europe. Ironically to get there now would require even more money than what was needed under Kk which wasn't fantasy figures but decent money, maybe 20-30m a season.

And for that (which is a lot of money) KK would guarantee you results like any top manager would which is what he is.

Ashley had within his grasp a top manager, one that understands this club and knows what it takes and more importantly knows how to go about achieving success here and he f***ing blew it just like he blew his money when buying us and we are paying for it and my how we are paying for it, with the likely result relegation to a level of football KK worked damn hard to make sure we never ever contemplated again.

Well thanks Mike.

Amazingly he gets credit for his financial "plan" for the club...

Well when we go down that plan of his will lie in absolute tatters, like our f***ing club and like poor KK's reputation among several of the deluded on here and on the stands and f***ing shame on you all. I sincerely hope your shame lasts a lot longer than the damage done to our club by Mike Ashley, Dennis Wise, Derek Llambias and Joe Kinnear NOT KEVIN KEEGAN or even FREDDY SHEPHERD.

If you genuinely believe KK or even FS is to blame for this then you deserve what is coming your way, but please, spare all us other sufferers your pain. Go and take it to Mike, he'll fix you up with a nice replica shirt in his tatty store I'm sure.

Of course the money KK needed (and any manager for that matter, even Kinnear needed money) just isn't there but we all know why. Because the idiot buying the club didn't have a clue what he was buying and he has even less of a clue how to run it.

KK paid for that and so are we.

Ironically so will the man himself, when we go down. I keep telling myself we won't go down but who the f*** am I kidding  :weep:

PS I'm halfway through listening to a track called when love breaks down, by a band from Durham of all places.  :angry:

i can't see how it's been ran as a normal business when someone is reaching into their pockets to keep it going.

his biggest mistake was keeping kinnear after it became obvious no-one wanted to buy the club.

His biggest mistake was not immediately replacing Keegan with a proper full time manager.

His biggest mistake was not immediately replacing Keegan with a proper full time manager.

That was the fans fault though. ;)

i could understand getting someone in for the few weeks till the club was sold.

i could understand getting someone in for the few weeks till the club was sold.

I shall amend that and say the above was his 2nd biggest mistake. The biggest being his decision to sell up.

As we approach the Chelsea game I wonder if the top brass at the club will remember KK & his "a million miles away" post match comments where instead of doing something about the problems they got KK in & had word with him for being off message.

Just over a decade ago Keegan's Newcastle were vying with Sir Alex Ferguson's side at the top of the league but those days are long gone. "This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world," said Keegan. "The top four next year will be the same top four as this year."

The former England coach is now keeping his fingers crossed that he receives the funding he needs to keep Michael Owen on Tyneside and challenge for fifth place next season. "We're a million miles away from challenging for the league but if my owner backs me we want to try and finish fifth and top the other mini-league," said Keegan. He insisted he enjoyed an excellent relationship with Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, but then revealed that they are hardly in constant communication. "I get on great with the owner because I never talk to him," he said.

Newcastle's manager may not be unhappy about that but he hopes Ashley will start a conversation with Owen soon. The England striker has 13 months left on his contract and Keegan has been urging his board to organise an extension. "Six weeks ago I asked the club to get it sorted but it's not done yet," he said. "I'm disappointed but it's not the end of the world."

As we approach the Chelsea game I wonder if the top brass at the club will remember KK & his "a million miles away" post match comments where instead of doing something about the problems they got KK in & had word with him for being off message.

Just over a decade ago Keegan's Newcastle were vying with Sir Alex Ferguson's side at the top of the league but those days are long gone. "This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world," said Keegan. "The top four next year will be the same top four as this year."

The former England coach is now keeping his fingers crossed that he receives the funding he needs to keep Michael Owen on Tyneside and challenge for fifth place next season. "We're a million miles away from challenging for the league but if my owner backs me we want to try and finish fifth and top the other mini-league," said Keegan. He insisted he enjoyed an excellent relationship with Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, but then revealed that they are hardly in constant communication. "I get on great with the owner because I never talk to him," he said.

Newcastle's manager may not be unhappy about that but he hopes Ashley will start a conversation with Owen soon. The England striker has 13 months left on his contract and Keegan has been urging his board to organise an extension. "Six weeks ago I asked the club to get it sorted but it's not done yet," he said. "I'm disappointed but it's not the end of the world."

nah, that was just the press making up stories again

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I admit now I attributed far too much of the blame for our situation to Keegan in the aftermath of his departure.

Jonas was another well researched deal by Team Ashley.

Jonas at one point a  free, now it seems we will be paying £3million to £4 million.

The club bought with out due diligence.

We buy players up front but let the so called richest club in the world pay in July. Let Wigan who have just got stash off Spurs pay in Summer as well.

Also to the person who told us what John Anderson said about the Shay Given transfer that story is now in print in True Faith. Lets see if any of the press lads run with it, in particular the fellas who work at Thompson House. If they do it I reckon it will be on a internet blog & not  in the pages of the Chron or Journal.

Jonas was another well researched deal by Team Ashley.

Jonas at one point a  free, now it seems we will be paying £3million to £4 million.

The club bought with out due diligence.

We buy players up front but let the so called richest club in the world pay in July. Let Wigan who have just got stash off Spurs pay in Summer as well.

Also to the person who told us what John Anderson said about the Shay Given transfer that story is now in print in True Faith. Lets see if any of the press lads run with it, in particular the fellas who work at Thompson House. If they do it I reckon it will be on a internet blog & not  in the pages of the Chron or Journal.

Staggering isn't it. Their approach towards the team on the field is taking us back to the 1980's, and even those who defend them on the basis that they "have business expertise" [laughable] can't defend this. Although I saw through the 2nd rate tosspots ages ago, even I am gobsmacked at how bad they have been, I'm even wondering now if they will be even worse than the people who ran the club in the 1980's and 70's.

On the basis that he wants an "efficient business" [presumably] what sort of players will we sign when the gates and revenue are halved and we are hoping [i hesitate to say "trying"] to get out of the championship ?

Tbf NUFC being skint due to us getting cash in the summer & paying up front for our Jan signings helped in the PR war as Llambiarse got to say ""Mike has had to put £10 million of his own money into the club this week to facilitate the running of the club".

Ashley's plan is guaranteed to fail because it does not and never will do in its current form place any real value on the manager, which is why they let KK go. Afterall, he was only the motivator and any fucker can do that hence Joe Kinnear and now Chris Hughton.

Which leads me to seriously question the motive behind KK's appointment....

Was it to recreate the whole Entertainers era? Was it f***, KK was appointed to keep fans happy during transfer windows where the bare minimum would be spent and to sell season tickets - in advance!

We have all been sold a lie, none more so than KK who I guarantee would not have returned if he thought he wouldn't have been given the kind of funds required to turn this club around, funds that were promised to him, funds Ashley has said several times himself would be made available to the manager.

And before anyone starts... we are not talking mega money. First of all KK despite popular misconception is not and never has been a chequebook manager but he can not deliver results on a shoestring budget, not consistently and nor can any manager really.

When he took us to promotion back in '93 the likes of Derby County and Wolves spent more than we did. When we finished 3rd we were one of the lowest spenders in the league and I remember very vividly big concern among fans during the close season that we were not spending enough.

The following season we were once again a low spender compared to some of our rivals (bringing about more fears on the stands) and even though we spent big the following season, we were not doing it in a fashion akin to the modern day Chelsea or Man Utd who can and have spent far and away more than anyone else could. Remember we did make £7m from the sale of Andy Cole.

Of course we broke the world record for Shearer in 96 which was massive money but not something a Man Utd, a Liverpool or an Arsenal couldn't do, even Chelsea were starting to spend big back then.

Most clubs were. Middlesbrough for example spent a fortune on their Brazilians and Ravanelli. Villa were spending big on the likes of Mark Draper, Milosovic etc. (that was £10m there, or Sir Les and Warren Barton - £7m of that outlay came from the sale of Cole) so again it wasn't like we were several financial steps up on the ladder, we were not, every club was spending "big" for their day (due to all the money pouring into the game) but only a handful of clubs were winning as many games as we were. The end result of that spending was wins and success. Basically money well spent.

KK would have wanted money to spend but you have to measure that want by the need to spend, and he like any manager needs money and NUFC especially needed to spend money to get back up into the top 6 and Europe. Ironically to get there now would require even more money than what was needed under Kk which wasn't fantasy figures but decent money, maybe 20-30m a season.

And for that (which is a lot of money) KK would guarantee you results like any top manager would which is what he is.

Ashley had within his grasp a top manager, one that understands this club and knows what it takes and more importantly knows how to go about achieving success here and he f***ing blew it just like he blew his money when buying us and we are paying for it and my how we are paying for it, with the likely result relegation to a level of football KK worked damn hard to make sure we never ever contemplated again.

Well thanks Mike.

Amazingly he gets credit for his financial "plan" for the club...

Well when we go down that plan of his will lie in absolute tatters, like our f***ing club and like poor KK's reputation among several of the deluded on here and on the stands and f***ing shame on you all. I sincerely hope your shame lasts a lot longer than the damage done to our club by Mike Ashley, Dennis Wise, Derek Llambias and Joe Kinnear NOT KEVIN KEEGAN or even FREDDY SHEPHERD.

If you genuinely believe KK or even FS is to blame for this then you deserve what is coming your way, but please, spare all us other sufferers your pain. Go and take it to Mike, he'll fix you up with a nice replica shirt in his tatty store I'm sure.

Of course the money KK needed (and any manager for that matter, even Kinnear needed money) just isn't there but we all know why. Because the idiot buying the club didn't have a clue what he was buying and he has even less of a clue how to run it.

KK paid for that and so are we.

Ironically so will the man himself, when we go down. I keep telling myself we won't go down but who the f*** am I kidding  :weep:

PS I'm halfway through listening to a track called when love breaks down, by a band from Durham of all places.  :angry:

Like all things success is a cycle and identifying when within that cycle one may be proactive and when one should hold fire. Football is a business where identifying this is more precarious than most other types of concerns as even when the investment is in place, a myriad of other things need to go your way as well. All one can do when dealing with these challenges is limiting risk during the investment phase, at a football club this would mean having an inferstructure and personell that as much as they can limit risk. In plain terms the most important person at a football club is the manager of the football team and if he is right, then you have gone a long way to reducing all other risk eventualities. A lot of things can be fixed if you start by hiring a good manager and let him get on with it.

Guest afternoonfix

Aye , seems Kevin can do no wrong , he's the man.

is he still suing his old club by the way? :kasper:

haven't heard one word from him since ,you'd think he'd have

something to say for himself regarding the situation....................

perhaps there's no need ,he'll always have his blinkered posse mouthing off  :knuppel2: 

perhaps there's no need ,he'll always have his blinkered posse mouthing off  :knuppel2: 

You think we'd be in this state if he'd have stayed?

Guest afternoonfix

No.

But since he hasn't ,no matter what spin is put on it, a portion of blame must be associated with his untimely departure.

No, but then i'd say that if he'd not brought him back in the first place we'd not be where we are now.

Still his own decision/fault either way though.