Ashley has no one else to blame if we go down

TRon

If the infamous "club insider" quotes are to be believed then Ashley seems happy to leave the management structure as it is and suffer the consequences.

Even if Joe Kinnear came back tomorrow 100% fit then I think he'd have a job keeping us up, but to expect a man who is recovering from major heart surgery to come back into a highly stressful job 2, 3 or 4 weeks down the road is utter madness.

We all know that Joe Kinnear isn't a softly softly type of manager who quietly goes about his business, he's a teacup throwing in your face type of manager who blows his top occasionally in order to relieve the pressure he is under. This was proven by his rant at his initial press conference and his numerous run ins with the FA and other managers.

I think it is far from certain that Kinnear's doctors will sanction his return to the pressure cooker situation that is the Newcastle manager's job, as they would be putting themselves at risk of a negligence claim if Joe's health took a turn for the worse.

Is Mike Ashley prepared to play Russian roulette with both Joe Kinnear's health and the Premiership survival of NUFC???

There is a huge ball of s*** heading his way.

I hope he is ready for it.

he'll retreat to his mansion, won't see or hear a thing

Au contraire, the Sun will publish pictures of him on the Copacabana beach drinking 100.00 pound bottles of champagne on the night we go down..

If the infamous "club insider" quotes are to be believed then Ashley seems happy to leave the management structure as it is and suffer the consequences.

Even if Joe Kinnear came back tomorrow 100% fit then I think he'd have a job keeping us up, but to expect a man who is recovering from major heart surgery to come back into a highly stressful job 2, 3 or 4 weeks down the road is utter madness.

We all know that Joe Kinnear isn't a softly softly type of manager who quietly goes about his business, he's a teacup throwing in your face type of manager who blows his top occasionally in order to relieve the pressure he is under. This was proven by his rant at his initial press conference and his numerous run ins with the FA and other managers.

I think it is far from certain that Kinnear's doctors will sanction his return to the pressure cooker situation that is the Newcastle manager's job, as they would be putting themselves at risk of a negligence claim if Joe's health took a turn for the worse.

Is Mike Ashley prepared to play Russian roulette with both Joe Kinnear's health and the Premiership survival of NUFC???

Yes, thats how he conducts business, might not work in football, we'll see.

Ashley is a c*nt...simple as that! it almost feels like he wants us to go down!

How can he have 100% faith in hughton and kinnear (who could easily have another heart-attack, in a stressful job like this) ? There is no logic in anything!!

We dont have to be relegated in order to rebuild the club!

another thing i been thinking about...i dont no if it is true (since i dont live in england) but it seems like the media/journalists isn´t giving us such a hard time at the moment......funny if they dont since they have every right!

....maybe the situation is beyond anything they imagined as well ???

There is a huge ball of s*** heading his way.

I hope he is ready for it.

he'll retreat to his mansion, won't see or hear a thing

Au contraire, the Sun will publish pictures of him on the Copacabana beach drinking 100.00 pound bottles of champagne on the night we go down..

Is he still suing them for that story?

How can he have 100% faith in hughton and kinnear (who could easily have another heart-attack, in a stressful job like this) ? There is no logic in anything!!

another thing i been thinking about...i dont no if it is true (since i dont live in england) but it seems like the media/journalists isn´t giving us such a hard time at the moment......funny if they dont since they have every right!

I think he's just taking a risk which he thinks is calculated but we know otherwise.  He probably looks about it thinking, NEwcvastle haven't been relegated since the leagues incpetion,  I'm guessing he assumes we'll stay up and he'll have some form of plan for the summer.  He obviously is wrong though as we could easily go down.

This saga has all the hallmarks of a conspiracy.

I will refrain from commenting further.

As I feared, it seems Joe Kinnear will not be back as our full time manager until the Liverpool game on the 2nd May at the earliest.

“Joe is desperate to come back, but we have to be sensible with him,” said Llambias.

“If anything, we are going to have to hold him back at times because he’s so enthusiastic. We can’t have him leaping around on the touchline."

“The good news, though, is he’s looking good and is feeling a lot stronger. I’ve been to see him this week and he was back to his old self really."

“He goes for a load of tests on April 6 which is the big one for him. As long as the results come back ok he will be back at the training ground for a couple of days before the Stoke game and we’ll take it from there."

“That might have to be how we do it for the first three games when he is back at work, a few days at the training ground in the build-up to the game and then a little involvement on the match-day itself."

“We’ll have to wait and see; it will all depend on how he feels and what the doctors say to him after the tests. He’ll have everything he needs at his disposal though.”

Don't Ashley and Llambias understand the seriousness of our situation? We are going down!!! We don't have time to allow Kinnear to break himself gently back into the job. The way they are running the club it's almost as if they want us to go down.

As I feared, it seems Joe Kinnear will not be back as our full time manager until the Liverpool game on the 2nd May at the earliest.

“Joe is desperate to come back, but we have to be sensible with him,” said Llambias.

“If anything, we are going to have to hold him back at times because he’s so enthusiastic. We can’t have him leaping around on the touchline."

“The good news, though, is he’s looking good and is feeling a lot stronger. I’ve been to see him this week and he was back to his old self really."

“He goes for a load of tests on April 6 which is the big one for him. As long as the results come back ok he will be back at the training ground for a couple of days before the Stoke game and we’ll take it from there."

“That might have to be how we do it for the first three games when he is back at work, a few days at the training ground in the build-up to the game and then a little involvement on the match-day itself."

“We’ll have to wait and see; it will all depend on how he feels and what the doctors say to him after the tests. He’ll have everything he needs at his disposal though.”

Don't Ashley and Llambias understand the seriousness of our situation? We are going down!!! We don't have time to allow Kinnear to break himself gently back into the job. The way they are running the club it's almost as if they want us to go down.

Well, that certainly makes me feel reassured..

They haven't got the foggiest idea about football. Unbelievable stuff.

They haven't got the foggiest idea about football. Unbelievable stuff.

not trying to start something dave but that thread of mine that was deleted the other day was trying to address this (albeit badly)

what is it?  what is it they're fucking doing?  MA made 2bn...fine he might have been a chancer but so am i and i'm fucking skint, so lets assume he's a borderline intelligent man

what, then, the fuck is going on?  it's driving me insane thinking about it - the man is standing by and watching HIMSELF lose 100m GBP for fucks sake

Guest Darth Toon

what is it?  what is it they're fucking doing?  MA made 2bn...fine he might have been a chancer but so am i and i'm fucking skint, so lets assume he's a borderline intelligent man

what, then, the fuck is going on?  it's driving me insane thinking about it - the man is standing by and watching HIMSELF lose 100m GBP for fucks sake

It's just unbelievably frustrating to have to watch it all unravelling like this. The only possible explanations I can think of for Ashley's behaviour are:

- He's genuinely thick as fuck and just understand what's happening

- He loves the thrill of a gamble and is getting off on the high stakes roulette of top flight survival

- He realises the shit he's in but is too stubborn/bizarrely loyal to incompetent employees to do anything decisive about it

- He's ripping the piss out of us

Whichever it is, it's pretty much impossible to put a positive spin on it - we're going down without a fight I fear.....

It's just unbelievably frustrating to have to watch it all unravelling like this. The only possible explanations I can think of for Ashley's behaviour are:

- He's genuinely thick as fuck and just understand what's happening

- He loves the thrill of a gamble and is getting off on the high stakes roulette of top flight survival

- He realises the shit he's in but is too stubborn/bizarrely loyal to incompetent employees to do anything decisive about it

- He's ripping the piss out of us

Whichever it is, it's pretty much impossible to put a positive spin on it - we're going down without a fight I fear.....

must be one of these two surely?

Honest question to those crying out for something/anything to be "done". 

What's the realistic option at this point? Note that I said "at this point".  I'm not interested in rehashing the fuckups that lead us here - they're numerous and drastic but they're only what got us in the shit.  Throwing about hypotheticals and discussing this that and the other that should have maybe been done 8 months ago is useless when it comes to talking about sorting this mess out. 

So again what's the realistic option at this point?  I don't think saying "get el Tel" in is realistic.  I'm uncertain as to why people think he, or anyone for that matter, would come in as a stopgap.  Fuck 8 weeks of work, no one BAR JOE FUCKING KINNEAR was willing to come in for what would have amounted to almost a full season.  Saying "oh he/she/it would jump at the chance" NOW is ridiculous and unrealistic, although I'd love to be proven wrong. 

So what is plan B?  Plan A is obviously "stick with your choice, come what may.  Back him publicly, present a unified front."

What is plan B and why is it better and more reasonable? 

Honest question to those crying out for something/anything to be "done". 

What's the realistic option at this point? Note that I said "at this point".  I'm not interested in rehashing the fuckups that lead us here - they're numerous and drastic but they're only what got us in the shit.  Throwing about hypotheticals and discussing this that and the other that should have maybe been done 8 months ago is useless when it comes to talking about sorting this mess out. 

So again what's the realistic option at this point?  I don't think saying "get el Tel" in is realistic.  I'm uncertain as to why people think he, or anyone for that matter, would come in as a stopgap.  Fuck 8 weeks of work, no one BAR JOE FUCKING KINNEAR was willing to come in for what would have amounted to almost a full season.  Saying "oh he/she/it would jump at the chance" NOW is ridiculous and unrealistic, although I'd love to be proven wrong. 

So what is plan B?  Plan A is obviously "stick with your choice, come what may.  Back him publicly, present a unified front."

well "at this point" happened when :kinnear: took sick which was some time ago, that aside;

the realistic option is an alan curbishley or o'blarney til the end of the season - someone free who has coached teams with some degree of success in the last decade on a short term deal for a huge wage weighted on keeping us up

too much to ask?

Guest Darth Toon

I would say we desperately need a manager, any manager - I actually think we have the ability in the squad to stay up, but they're clearing lacking confidence and direction, even Big Sam acknowledeged that you really need a figurehead at times like this.

I don't necessarily agree that Venables wouldn't come - I reckon if we waved a big enough wedge of cash at hime he would be here like a shot. Failing that, try someone like Curbishley, maybe even George Graham for fucks sake - anything is better than nothing.

Guest Darth Toon

Why is it realistic to think O'Dreary or Curbs would come in for 8 weeks? 

Cash.

Chance to get a foothold back in the game.

Just to clear it up because I think I'm coming off a little confrontational - I'm not trying to pick fights or anything.  I just really see no other option from the top as being viable other than "back your horse."

Also I don't think they'd suddenly pick now of all times to start waving money about.

Just to clear it up because I think I'm coming off a little confrontational - I'm not trying to pick fights or anything.  I just really see no other option from the top as being viable other than "back your horse."

Also I don't think they'd suddenly pick now of all times to start waving money about.

which may be the key!

but comes back the original question of blow a potential 500k on curbishley now or go down

what's going throught this guys fucking head?