Financial meltdown?

Guest Wally_McFool

But if it means losing Kinnear then it's a-ok!

Seriously. Anyone who thinks anything positive will come from going down, need to seriously look at the bigger picture. It will absolutely ruin us, absolutely crucify us.

It's a very real possibility. There will be a fire sale if we do go down, but the problem is - who will want to take the likes of Smith and Duff from us?

Given that the club's main creditor is Mike Ashley- there is no sense in having a fire sale and losing players for a pittance. If we were sitting on a loan callable on relegation (as the old stadium loan was) then it would be completely different.

There's an element of risk attached in holding onto those players of course, but if you're going to sell a player at a discount higher than a year's wages then it makes absolutely no sense. If you send the message that you're panicking and need to raise instant cash, you'll be left with no squad and a few pennies in the tip jar.

Guest Wally_McFool

Seriously. Anyone who thinks anything positive will come from going down, need to seriously look at the bigger picture. It will absolutely ruin us, absolutely crucify us.

I'd love to agree with you but at this moment in time I cannot see any positives in stopping up with this clueless bunch of cunts running the club.

If we avoid relegation this season it is inevitable next season seeing as dozy arse wants to give Tinky Winky, Dipsy, and La La  new 3 year contracts

Stay up or go down, we are in the shit as long as Ashley and co stay on IMO!

I'd love to agree with you but at this moment in time I cannot see any positives in stopping up with this clueless bunch of cunts running the club.

If we avoid relegation this season it is inevitable next season seeing as dozy arse wants to give Tinky Winky, Dipsy, and La La   new 3 year contracts

Stay up or go down, we are in the shit as long as Ashley and co stay on IMO!

The thing is, i think if we stay up and appoint Kinnear, he'll get sacked a few months into the season when we're rooted to the foot of the league. If we stay up, things can still change, basically. The future's hardly bright either way, though.

Guest Heneage

Seriously when we stay up, I can'tsee why Ashley would se JK as a long term investment if you ever needed an answer to "Will his heart hold out" you got it a few weeks back.  I hardly think he'd want the potential death of a husband and a father on his hands.

Seriously when we stay up, I can'tsee why Ashley would se JK as a long term investment if you ever needed an answer to "Will his heart hold out" you got it a few weeks back. I hardly think he'd want the potential death of a husband and a father on his hands.

The same Ashley who gave him the job in the first place and still wanted him back after he had a heart attack? The same Ashley who has a 2.5 year deal on the table for Kinnear? Wishful thinking mate if you think Kinnear wont be here next season.

Guest neesy111

the club is private now, so all losses are in ashley's pockets now and he has to pay the bills as it's not a plc anymore

Guest stjamestoon

It's a very real possibility. There will be a fire sale if we do go down, but the problem is - who will want to take the likes of Smith and Duff from us?

Think you would be suprised. The likes of Sunderland, Boro etc, would take players like that. Probably find that smith etc would play better at another club.

Think you would be suprised. The likes of Sunderland, Boro etc, would take players like that. Probably find that smith etc would play better at another club.

Aye, you would be surprised. All the newly promoted first timers will bite yer hand off for them. Poor sods.

There should be a fire sale whether we go down or stay up, with the following names included:

Barton

Duff

Smith

Geremi

Butt

Lets face it, outside of Barton the only way we've got a chance of removing this group of wasters is with a fire sale..

Also add in Viduka, Owen and Gonzales not getting renewed contracts and that's £25 million chopped off the wage bill.

There should be a fire sale whether we go down or stay up, with the following names included:

Barton

Duff

Smith

Geremi

Butt

Lets face it, outside of Barton the only way we've got a chance of removing this group of wasters is with a fire sale..

Also add in Viduka, Owen and Gonzales not getting renewed contracts and that's £25 million chopped off the wage bill.

It's catch-22. We renew the contracts of players we can't afford, and find ourselves in a potentially critical condition if we don't come straight back up. Or, we let them players go, and have no one left. Then what?

But so long as it gets rid of Kinnear. :thup:

could all be part of Ashleys master plan, to clear the decks of all the dead wood. Rid the club of its rot. start again, a painful process to get the mercenaries out.

Is that taking the piss out of Ashley or being serious?

could all be part of Ashleys master plan, to clear the decks of all the dead wood. Rid the club of its rot. start again, a painful process to get the mercenaries out.

I'm not sure that this is a good or bad thing  :undecided:

Barton

Duff

Smith

Geremi

Butt

It's catch-22. We renew the contracts of players we can't afford, and find ourselves in a potentially critical condition if we don't come straight back up. Or, we let them players go, and have no one left. Then what?

But so long as it gets rid of Kinnear. :thup:

Well I agree but my point was that we shouldn't renew the contracts of any of the players I mentioned whether we stay up or go down.  They're a bunch of players who are either past it or so injury prone they never play for us anyway.  So losing them saves us massive money but wouldn't really weaken us much.

Guest Brummiemag

Relegation would be a disaster. I'm not convinced we would come back at the first attempt and if we lose the Sky tv money we are fucked.

Even if we do come straight back, we would at best struggle to survive. Look at other teams who have gone down. Even the teams who have regrouped and are coming back (Birmingham, Wolves, Reading) will struggle next season. Worse still, look at clubs like Sheff Wed and Notts Forest.

I can only hope that by some miracle we survive this season and Ashley realises his mistakes (choosing Wise over Keegan and failing to invest in the January transfer window) and invests in the summer, changes the system and appoints a decent manager.

I don't hold out much hope of that though.