NUFC Permanent Manager 09/10 if Kinnear decides to leave

Guest michaelfoster

Guest michaelfoster

Presuming we stay in the PL this season, we need to hope Kinnear turns around to Ashley and says thanks for the offer but no thanks, ive spoke with my family and after my health scare & heart surgery my health is more important so im retiring.

So who are the options available? If Ashley doesnt want to spend money on a replacement, which foreign managers are currently free agents:

Luis Fellipe Scolari

Frank Rijkaard

Roberto Donadoni

Huub Stevens

Javier Aguire

Bernt Schuster

Roberto Mancini

Ronald Koeman

Thomas Doll

Victor Fernandez

Irureta

Avram Grant (maybe)

Tbh i cant see anyone above wanting to take the job who currently is out of work, maybe Avram Grant if he wants to prove he can cut it in the PL but he could easily wait and get a better job, if JK leaves.

I honestly cant see anyone abroad wanting the job & with a lack of good available managers in England it makes you wonder where our next manager is going to come from.

Too presumtious a suggestion to debate tbh. Assuming we relegated is much more realistic.

JFK will be manager next season, whether we are in the PL or champ, you may not like it but you just have to get used to it.

If things stay the same under the current regime and we do manage to stay up then we will still not attract a big name manager. We will only be able to attract a manager who will see this club as a step up imo. By that I mean a manager of one of the smaller Premiership clubs like Bruce, Megson, Brown, Pullis, Southgate or Mowbray. Sad to say but with things the way we are at the moment we don't offer much to make a manager jump at the chance to make this club reach its potential. When looking at the options the obvious choice is going to be to look elsewhere from the Premiership unless we take a gamble with Bruce. I don't think we have a hope in hell in attracting an exotic name from abroad who will get the fans drolling. That might not be a bad thing. I've just got no faith in the current owner to offer anything attractive to a manager other than a step up in club size.

Presuming we stay in the PL this season, we need to hope Kinnear turns around to Ashley and says thanks for the offer but no thanks, ive spoke with my family and after my health scare & heart surgery my health is more important so im retiring.

So who are the options available? If Ashley doesnt want to spend money on a replacement, which foreign managers are currently free agents:

Luis Fellipe Scolari - yes

Frank Rijkaard - dreamland, but yes!

Roberto Donadoni - NO!

Huub Stevens - who?

Javier Aguire - yes

Bernt Schuster - yes

Roberto Mancini - NO

Ronald Koeman - NO

Thomas Doll - NO

Victor Fernandez - who?

Irureta - NO

Avram Grant (maybe) - NO

Tbh i cant see anyone above wanting to take the job who currently is out of work, maybe Avram Grant if he wants to prove he can cut it in the PL but he could easily wait and get a better job, if JK leaves.

I honestly cant see anyone abroad wanting the job & with a lack of good available managers in England it makes you wonder where our next manager is going to come from.

Roberto Martinez

Roy Hodgson

Alan Shearer

to many ifs.

if we stay up

if Kinnear dosnt stay on

If ashley dosnt want to spend money

if its a foreign manager

Pretty pointless really.

to answer

If we stay up - Bruce to build on what we have or Martinez as a fresh start.

if we go down - Martinez or Ketsbaia to take the club in a new direction and a fresh new challange like Keegan the first time round. Or Alan Shearer to get it out the way

If things stay the same under the current regime and we do manage to stay up then we will still not attract a big name manager. We will only be able to attract a manager who will see this club as a step up imo. By that I mean a manager of one of the smaller Premiership clubs like Bruce, Megson, Brown, Pullis, Southgate or Mowbray. Sad to say but with things the way we are at the moment we don't offer much to make a manager jump at the chance to make this club reach its potential. When looking at the options the obvious choice is going to be to look elsewhere from the Premiership unless we take a gamble with Bruce. I don't think we have a hope in hell in attracting an exotic name from abroad who will get the fans drolling. That might not be a bad thing. I've just got no faith in the current owner to offer anything attractive to a manager other than a step up in club size.

With the exception of Pulis and Mowbray - I can't see any of those wanting to jump to a barely floating ship...even Phil "tosspot" Brown knows he's onto a good number with Hull and has seen how long his mate BSA lasted here...

Mike Walker

Howard Wilkinson

Egil Olsen

Sammy Lee

Egil Olsen said today that the Norwegian national team is most likely his last manager job. Also he isnt up for a job like this one. He also succeded Kinnear at wimbledon, and we all know where they are now.

Mike Walker

Howard Wilkinson

Egil Olsen

Sammy Lee

Egil Olsen said today that the Norwegian national team is most likely his last manager job. Also he isnt up for a job like this one. He also succeded Kinnear at wimbledon, and we all know where they are now.

they were just the worst premier league managers I could think of, (Im just trying to get into the current regimes mindset)

Most depressing part reads in the thread title 'if kinnear decides to leave'!

What fooking shape are we in if tat twat can decide his own destiny at our club!

For me there is no doubts at all, Steve Bruce is the man or the job.

He ticks all boxes for me, no risk factor whatsoever and I honestly believe he would/will take it no matter where we are playing and what the situation is!

Fook me I wish fat mike would see sense and throw the money at him now!

In saying that i an definetly see the idea behind Martinez!