Hillsborough disaster

Big Geordie

As harsh as it sounds, I've just no time for Hillsborough.

Yes it was tragic and alot of people died, but it was also a long time ago now, things have changed since then and alot more worse things have happened so I don't see why we should have the yearly day of national morning which it pretty much turns into.

If you look at the way Man U carry on regarding Munich I think is a prime example, they don't forget but other than the 50th anniversary since the event it's not been shoved in everyone's faces at the first oportunity.

To me Liverpool are just a club who enjoy the attention of wallowing in self pity, its as though the entire club think it's cool to be sad.

Agree, well said

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Cos we wouldn't be exactly the same had it happened to our fans?

I'd like to think we wouldn't start a thread and post '.' to honour them, surely we'd do something a bit more worthwhile and fitting then that.

Guest toonlass

I'd like to think we wouldn't start a thread and post '.' to honour them, surely we'd do something a bit more worthwhile and fitting then that.

I am pretty sure that many people today have done more worthwhile things. I can't see the problem if the people online want to show their respects in any way they want.

I have a huge amount of sympathy with everyone involved in that tragic day, particularly the familys of those who died. What puzzles me is the "justice for the 96" campaign. What do these campaigners actually want? Do they want every police officer on duty that day jailed or something?

hmmmm. i'm fairly sure i've said that similar things nearly happened at spurs and barnsley (at oakwell it was people being crushed up against the outside gates) and i thought those people that pushed and tried to get in, in same cases illegally were a bunch of twats. yes i'd feel sorry for those injured and worse but i'd also, as i did then, see it for what it was.

Guest toonlass

hmmmm. i'm fairly sure i've said that similar things nearly happened at spurs and barnsley (at oakwell it was people being crushed up against the outside gates) and i thought those people that pushed and tried to get in, in same cases illegally were a bunch of twats. yes i'd feel sorry for those injured and worse but i'd also, as i did then, see it for what it was.

which is?

No, they want specific questions answered.

Could you be more specific?  ???

:lmgtfy:

Oh it's a one of those is it?  :rolleyes:

Just thought you could give me the general jist of it. Never mind.

Guest togsy

I was there a few years before with my brother and a massive following from the toon as always, in the 80s the away supporters were stuck in the pens in the Leppings lane , i can tell you it wasnt a good experience.

I can remember my brother looking at me and saying get to the side of the pen coz he couldnt breath, that was for a second division game so i could imagine what it would have been like for a cup semi with the gates been opened, fukin nightmare.

The day the bastards decided to pen us in was the day that decided the outcome of hillsboro.

which is?

some fans being twats putting the police into a situation they fucked up.

Guest toonlass

So it couldn't be that some police were twats and the decisions they made seriously fucked up the situation, eh madras?