Hillsborough disaster

Big Geordie

Not this bloody s**** again.

theres only so many subjects that can be covered on a football message board that we've started recycling.

You two "started recycling" fucking years ago man :laugh:

Agree with the sentiment though, does get tiresome hearing about this every single year.

Guest toonlass

Justice for the 96.

Identify the ticketless "supporters" who forced their way into the ground causing the crush, bang them up and you have your justice then these scousers can finally shut up about it.

Thought the Taylor report quashed that myth honks ago....

So it couldn't be that some police were twats and the decisions they made seriously f***ed up the situation, eh madras?

i said the police fucked up.

ever wondered why people don't push and shove these days to get into grounds......is it cos they are policed better ?

So it couldn't be that some police were twats and the decisions they made seriously f***ed up the situation, eh madras?

ever wondered why people don't push and shove these days to get into grounds......is it cos they are policed better ?

all seaters? they do push and shove a bit.

my experience of dozens of away games in the mid 80s inc a few at hillsbrough was of rough policing.

Guest toonlass

have you not been to a game in a while Madras? I have been to several away games where there have been crowds outside the turnstiles and pushing and shoving to get space. Oh and the police still treat football fans like twats in the main. I got threatened with being done for Drunk and Disorderly earlier this season when someone pushed me and I fell over, despite not having a drink for 8 and a half months!

i said the police f***ed up.

all seaters? they do push and shove a bit.

my experience of dozens of away games in the mid 80s inc a few at hillsbrough was of rough policing.

did the rough policing lead to the pushing and shoving ?

and i do have first hand experience of newcastle/liverpool/leeds/man utd fans rushing gates, creating a crush in order to get the police to open up alternative methods of entry.

Justice for the 96.

Identify the ticketless "supporters" who forced their way into the ground causing the crush, bang them up and you have your justice then these scousers can finally shut up about it.

I think the police should have anticipated them and taken appropriate measures, yes the ticketless fans are to blame and yes more of a deal should be made about them from Liverpool supporters but the police could have opened the gates and they shouldn't have tried to cover it up and people on this forum should remember that it could have happend to us and i imagine we would have reacted in the same way.

i said the police f***ed up.

have you not been to a game in a while Madras? I have been to several away games where there have been crowds outside the turnstiles and pushing and shoving to get space. Oh and the police still treat football fans like twats in the main. I got threatened with being done for Drunk and Disorderly earlier this season when someone pushed me and I fell over, despite not having a drink for 8 and a half months!

yes i have been and it is nothing compared to the 70's/80's.

Guest toonlass

Of course it's not Madras! You are starting to sound like NE5 now.

It's not as bad as back then, but it still happens.

Still one of the most horrific footballing images like. My heart sinks everytime I see this picture. Awful stuff, probably not for the faint hearted either.  :undecided:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6350/article1170142044301f30.jpg

While it's obvious that the police majorly screwed up I think they have been villified excessivley about this whilst the majority of Liverpool fans, and others, are happy to ignore the role that others played in it. If, as has been said here, the problems at Hillsborough were obvious then they should have been dealt with by the ground staff and board of Sheffield Wednesday FC. Also it is shameful that you never hear any condemnation from Liverpool FC of their own fans who went to the game without a ticket. It's ridiculous to think that you can go to a match without a ticket and try to get in. Anybody with half a brain cell can surely see that X into Y doesn't go. Especially when there's a big fucking metal fence stopping people getting out the other end. And don't forget why the fences were there in the first place, it's because of the abject behaviour of English football fans (obviously not all of them, but enough to make the authorities put up fences) throughout the 70's and 80's. If they had behaved like decent people instead of animals they wouldn't have found themselves caged up like animals.

So yes, obviously entrance the ground was shambolically and disasterously policed and stewarded, but there are far more factors in it than just the pigs are cunts and it's their fault the 96 died. There is no way there will be any more justice for them than they have already got.

It's a shameful part of English football history but that's what it is. History. Bad shit happens then you move on. Things are better now and this sort of thing should never happen again.

While it's obvious that the police majorly screwed up I think they have been villified excessivley about this whilst the majority of Liverpool fans, and others, are happy to ignore the role that others played in it. If, as has been said here, the problems at Hillsborough were obvious then they should have been dealt with by the ground staff and board of Sheffield Wednesday FC. Also it is shameful that you never hear any condemnation from Liverpool FC of their own fans who went to the game without a ticket. It's ridiculous to think that you can go to a match without a ticket and try to get in. Anybody with half a brain cell can surely see that X into Y doesn't go. Especially when there's a big f***ing metal fence stopping people getting out the other end. And don't forget why the fences were there in the first place, it's because of the abject behaviour of English football fans (obviously not all of them, but enough to make the authorities put up fences) throughout the 70's and 80's. If they had behaved like decent people instead of animals they wouldn't have found themselves caged up like animals.

So yes, obviously entrance the ground was shambolically and disasterously policed and stewarded, but there are far more factors in it than just the pigs are c***s and it's their fault the 96 died. There is no way there will be any more justice for them than they have already got.

It's a shameful part of English football history but that's what it is. History. Bad s*** happens then you move on. Things are better now and this sort of thing should never happen again.

Tbh there are so many people to blame for this disaster its hard to know where to start and only the evidence provided can be used to scrutinise the facts and we were not there and can only comment on our thoughts,I was at Hillsborough in the early 80's with the toon at the start of the season on a really hot day and after the game all the toon fans left the stand and tryed to leave the ground only to find the entrances to our stand all still locked and no where to go so the fans UNAWARE of the resulting chaos at the area behind the stand UNKNOWINGLY kept coming out and tbh i was 16 and scared shitless and the police at the time were in a panic aswell ,i and many others were being crushed by volume of numbers coming behind us and i dont blame them because they didnt know what was happening so to say Liverpool F.C should condemn there own fans is highly insensitive when as i said earlier the police and Sheff Wed at the time should have had a better control of the situation .

Justice for the 96.

Thought the Taylor report quashed that myth honks ago....

It did, it just fits into the whole narrative that Liverpool fans were to blame so it still gets peddled.

The situation you have mentioned is slightly different though. You are saying after the game an exit gate was still closed so a crush was forming as the fans who were in the stadium legitimately were unaware of the situation and kept trying to push their way out. That is obviously a problem with the stewarding and if anyone was hurt they (SWFC) would be entirely and wholly to blame.

What I said was the ticketless fans who jumped walls and piled through an open EXIT gate were PARTLY to blame for what happened along with the police, the stewards, SWFC and the countless hooligan fans whoose behaviour over the past 20 years contributed to the putting up of big fences. I thought it was a well balanced view given from a dispassionate position of a complete outsider. I have never been to hillsborough or any game where I had to stand behind fences so I don't know what it was like but I can give my observations from an objective point of view.

The situation you have mentioned is slightly different though. You are saying after the game an exit gate was still closed so a crush was forming as the fans who were in the stadium legitimately were unaware of the situation and kept trying to push their way out. That is obviously a problem with the stewarding and if anyone was hurt they (SWFC) would be entirely and wholly to blame.

What I said was the ticketless fans who jumped walls and piled through an open EXIT gate were PARTLY to blame for what happened along with the police, the stewards, SWFC and the countless hooligan fans whoose behaviour over the past 20 years contributed to the putting up of big fences. I thought it was a well balanced view given from a dispassionate position of a complete outsider. I have never been to hillsborough or any game where I had to stand behind fences so I don't know what it was like but I can give my observations from an objective point of view.

But there is little or no evidence to support this, even the Taylor Report dismisses it. The stand wasn't even at capacity come kick off.

When you see those pictures it really makes you wonder what the security staff was doing ignoring the problem for so long.

The people getting crushed were shouting 'Brucie Brucie come and help us'. If it wasn't for Grobbelar more would have died