Ireland Internationals

Decky

Sounds more like you people need to move on. You don't seem to realise that the Irish nation already has. This continues to be an issue in the press because it sells papers. Put simply, the FAI made an attempt to wrangle something (be it a replay, compensation, whatever...) out of FIFA for their collosal f*** up. FIFA refused, and effectively took the piss out of the FAI at a press conference. This is not how a governing body should act. How would you feel if you went to your kids school, and spoke to the principal because your child thought they were unfairly treated. But, rather than deal with the problem in a sensible measured way, the principal dragged your child in front of assembly and got everyone to laugh at him? (s*** analogy, but you get the point...) Sepp Blatter is a f***ing joke, and not just for the way he has handled himself in this incident. There are numerous previous cases where he has acted like a complete prick...

Someone's clearly over it :lol:

That's right, Sepp Blatter's a stand up guy. Only has the best intentions of the game at heart.

Of course he's not. But come on... "You lot need to let it go...." followed by launching a tirade at Blatter doesn't scream 'irony' to you? :lol:

Not having a go at you, but I didn't claim to be "over it". I've long since accepted that we have been knocked out, accrimoniously so, but out nonetheless. Just because I've accepted that as a fact, does that mean I have to happy about it? Does it mean it's ok for every fucking WUM to take a shot at "the stupid fucking Irish"?

• 6 months later...

Can't find any of their World Cup games on the TV schedules.

Does anyone know when they're playing?

Not as good as your Darren Bent gag. ;)

This one's just kind of simmering nicely in advance of Decky turning up.

Decky turning up!!! Big Brother is on so you wont see him in here for about 13 weeks now.

• 2 months later...
Guest GAMMELL

Fucking terrible, I'm going to miss the 1st half as I'm in work. Fucking pox bottle.

Our midfield set-up looks so silky  :blush:

Paul Green---Glenn Whelan---Liam Lawrence---Aidan McGeady

0-0 draw

f***ing terrible, I'm going to miss the 1st half as I'm in work. f***ing pox bottle.

Our midfield set-up looks so silky  :blush:

Paul Green---Glenn Whelan---Liam Lawrence---Aidan McGeady

0-0 draw

considering the pre-WC games played against Algeria & Paraguay + the match against Argentina, I expect another fine display

Guest GAMMELL

I wish Kilbane would fuck off and retire already, give the youngsters a shot. Can Seamus Coleman play at left full?

Also, it's sensational that Paul McShane is out today, wanker is useless

I wish Kilbane would fuck off and retire already, give the youngsters a shot. Can Seamus Coleman play at left full?

Also, it's sensational that Paul McShane is out today, wanker is useless

no but put him or kelly rb and throw oshea at lb, what does it take to be rid of kilbane

We're getting beat (Northern ireland). Our manager is f***ing s***..

This to be fair. We haven't looked like a good side since Sanchez was in charge, a draw at very best I think!

It's the attitude we seem to have that gets me, we get beat off a team 3-0 and we get "ah they put in a good performance, they'll have learnt something from this" What to get battered?. He always spouts the same shit yet we go into every game the same and never seem to actually learn anything new.

This to be fair. We haven't looked like a good side since Sanchez was in charge, a draw at very best I think!

It's the attitude we seem to have that gets me, we get beat off a team 3-0 and we get "ah they put in a good performance, they'll have learnt something from this" What to get battered?. He always spouts the same shit yet we go into every game the same and never seem to actually learn anything new.

Is it not just Northern Ireland finding their level again after spectacularly overperforming for a couple of years?

It's the attitude we seem to have that gets me, we get beat off a team 3-0 and we get "ah they put in a good performance, they'll have learnt something from this" What to get battered?. He always spouts the same s*** yet we go into every game the same and never seem to actually learn anything new.

Is it not just Northern Ireland finding their level again after spectacularly overperforming for a couple of years?

I do agree that it has some part in why we are shit I mean healy is nowhere near good enough any more, I can't even remember the last time he scored, however from the moment Worthington has taken over our results have slumped badly and we really don't look like the same team. I don't expect them to beat teams that reached the WC, the players aren't good enough quite frankly but I don't think our manager is either to be honest, especially for the money they are paying him (in terms of what we are used to paying managers).