Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

My conclusions found that Newcastle fans have to make someone a scape goat even if we don't have a clue what job they do at the club or how well they do it.

Spot on.

Our fans always seem to target a coach for criticism. Carver, Terry Mac, Wadsworth, Hughton, Pearson, Saunders. If Dowie wasn't Shearer's appointment he would have got it as well. If Rob Lee and Gary Speed come in it will be job for the boys if we don't have a good season next year.

Guest Heneage

Our fans always seem to target a coach for criticism. Carver, Terry Mac, Wadsworth, Hughton, Pearson, Saunders. If Dowie wasn't Shearer's appointment he would have got it as well. If Rob Lee and Gary Speed come in it will be job for the boys if we don't have a good season next year.

For Lee yes, but Speed seems to be a good coach.

Guest Phil K

My conclusions found that Newcastle fans have to make someone a scape goat even if we don't have a clue what job they do at the club or how well they do it.

True.

But on occasion they are actually correct

Mick Wadsworth springs to mind

Who's been a disaster everywhere he's been after us.

How often do you hear from PLAYERS that a bad coach can screw a good team ?

Or that a good coach can revitaize a sagging squad ?

The names you mention were all jobs for mates anyway.

Our best times were when this didn't apply.

Steve Clarke, during his brief time here, and that feller from Blackburn whose name I forget in the early Keegan years.

For Lee yes, but Speed seems to be a good coach.

Aye I think Speed could even make a good manager, but theres nothing to say Rob Lee wouldn't be a good coach. He was a top pro, brilliant player and he would work well with the kids especially i reckon. Nobody really knows how good coaches are though really. Well theres the likes of Brian Kidd who has had huge praise over the years but in general we don't hear enough to be in a position to point the finger.

Guest Phil K

You know, I could never understand why George Graham isn't used.

His ability isn't in question. Did brilliantly at Arsenal, made Leeds what they became that O'Leary got the credit for, took Spuds to a trophy in the brief time he was there.

Where is he now ? We could do worse, but he did have a huge London obsession.

Is being a job-for-the-boys club such a bad thing? AC Milan are one. Their entire managerial structure is made up of former players and ex-legends. It works as long as the boys are competent.

People wont like his style of football.

Whose?

George Grahams

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9343/samallardyce280x390f064.jpg

'I only play one kind of football - winning football'

No, thanks.

Is being a job-for-the-boys club such a bad thing? AC Milan are one. Their entire managerial structure is made up of former players and ex-legends. It works as long as the boys are competent.

The term "jobs for the boys" is usually only used when it is being applied to someone who is NOT competent at the job/role they have been given. When someone is competent they have not been employed on the basis of "jobs for the boys." Obviously.

True.

Steve Clarke, during his brief time here, and that feller from Blackburn whose name I forget in the early Keegan years.

Derek Fazackerley?  Currently working at Huddersfield with Clarkie

True.

Derek Fazackerley?  Currently working at Huddersfield with Clarkie

He'd be a good appointment.

SSN just said they are still waiting for more news, Shearer, Ashley & Lambias are all still at trtaining ground.

Its been one hell of a verbal orgy.

Probably trying to help them understand the offside rule.

SSN just said they are still waiting for more news, Shearer, Ashley & Lambias are all still at trtaining ground.

Probably trying to help them understand the offside rule.

Get Shola in that meeting as well then!

but whos the sucker?

is anyone getting the feeling that the longer this drags on the more it is likely to turn out the way it did when we eneterd a couple of days of talks to keep keegan ?

Yep..my sentiments exactly.

is anyone getting the feeling that the longer this drags on the more it is likely to turn out the way it did when we eneterd a couple of days of talks to keep keegan ?

no