Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

It shouldn't be them trying to convince Shearer tbh, he's the one who knows what f***ing needs doing.

it should be. in shearers position i'd want convincing they have the desire and will to carry out what i think needs doing.

It shouldn't be them trying to convince Shearer tbh, he's the one who knows what f***ing needs doing.

it should be. in shearers position i'd want convincing they have the desire and will to carry out what i think needs doing.

Yeah, I worded that badly. You know what I mean.

Guest geordienorway

No quotes in the Telegraph-article. Hopefully they are jumping to conclusions.

Big Sam:

"When I started off I said I was in it for the long haul and now I can hear Alan repeating the words I said that it has to start from the bottom upwards and that the club has to be re-built from top to bottom," the Blackburn manager said.

"That is what I was in the process of doing in my short time there. We had the best start in 10 years when I was there. But it was rather unfortunate because it is a massive club and I wanted to try to manage a massive club and make them successful.

"But it didn't happen and I don't think that's got anything to do with my ability as a manager. It was just a bit of politics at the time. Since then they've gone the wrong way very unfortunately but it's life and it will perhaps shock them into re-building the club and I have no doubt they will be back very quickly indeed."

:D :D

Wasn't that 'best start in ten years' thing bollocks anyway?

Who cares? We actually lost to fucking Derby during this ridiculous 'best start' so Allardyce shouldn't be bragging about his time at the club and speaking as if the sacking was out of nowhere; the fat cunt deserved it and we would have been relegated with him.

Who cares? We actually lost to f***ing Derby during this ridiculous 'best start' so Allardyce shouldn't be bragging about his time at the club and speaking as if the sacking was out of nowhere; the fat c*** deserved it and we would have been relegated with him.

This is the man who taught Phil Brown the importance of "bigging yourself up" no matter how shite you are - just tell everyone in the Media you're great and Talksport in particular and they'll believe it because let's face it - they are mostly idiots who question very little.

So then the journos all tell everyone how great Phil Brown is and how great Sam Allardyce is and the eejits swallow it.

So he was rebuilding us from the bottom by signing his hasbeens and cloggers? Get to fuck fat cunt.

I think quite a few of Sam's signings are going to be the ones we are trying to offload from the payroll. He should really keep his mouth shut unless he wants to sign them for the same money he persuaded us to shell out.

Who cares? We actually lost to f***ing Derby during this ridiculous 'best start' so Allardyce shouldn't be bragging about his time at the club and speaking as if the sacking was out of nowhere; the fat c*** deserved it and we would have been relegated with him.

This is the man who taught Phil Brown the importance of "bigging yourself up" no matter how shite you are - just tell everyone in the Media you're great and Talksport in particular and they'll believe it because let's face it - they are mostly idiots who question very little.

So then the journos all tell everyone how great Phil Brown is and how great Sam Allardyce is and the eejits swallow it.

That and telling him to get a microphone headset cos it makes you look cool!

TWAT

He must have meant the first game at Bolton.

Aye I remember that day was driving to a BBQ and screaming my head off when we went 3 nowt up thought he was going to be supurb as our manager then reality kicked in shortly after!

Interesting article,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/matthew_syed/article6367739.ece

Can see where he is trying to come from but for the most part its un-educated bullshit. We have tried it before and

people with "no ties" to the club have failed miserably trying to do it their way ie Allardyce/Souness/Gullit. There needs to be a happy medium.

Having both Dowie and potentially Carver around him makes up for the inexperience he has, I wouldnt rule out Al bringing in another older head like the mooted appointment of Daglish to DOF (although thats not happening).

I certainly wouldnt shed tears if we dont end up with Shearer. There are plenty of other managers that will want the job, the downside is we will be in alot of trouble by that point.

If Shearer says no, expect the mong nation to tear the city apart demanding Ashley leave. We would struggle to find a new buyer, probably reinstate kinnear in the interim, sale probably wouldnt happen til the back end of the summer by which stage we will have about 3 players left.

Guest BooBoo

I went into a talk in with Carver and warmed to the bloke, seems to really have the clubs interests at heart. I would be really pleased if he came back as a coach.

Nice to see he's still best mates with Bellamy despite the Welsh toerag once attacking him with a chair.

Interesting article,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/matthew_syed/article6367739.ece

Can see where he is trying to come from but for the most part its un-educated bullshit. We have tried it before and

people with "no ties" to the club have failed miserably trying to do it their way ie Allardyce/Souness/Gullit. There needs to be a happy medium.

I read the times, and hate that Matthew Syed, he's a spiteful tosser, who loves to put the boot in. Seems to write a fair few hatchet articles on various people in sport.

"For the record, Shearer’s tenure has been a failure in almost every possible way, bar his ability to deflect criticism from his own inadequacies during post-match press conferences. He managed a derisory one win in eight games, executed tactical shifts and machinations that made Claudio Ranieri, the Tinkerman, seem like a rock of stability, but, most damningly of all, the St James’ Park hero failed even to inspire the passion and resolve in the players in what was the whole point of the exercise."

Shearer's games: Chelsea (H), Stoke (A), Spurs (A), Portsmouth (H), Liverpool (A), Boro (H), Fulham (H), Villa (A)- Points: 5

Steve Bruce (same games)- Points: 4

Should've went for experience.

I went into a talk in with Carver and warmed to the bloke, seems to really have the clubs interests at heart. I would be really pleased if he came back as a coach.

Nice to see he's still best mates with Bellamy despite the Welsh toerag once attacking him with a chair.

Agree about Carver. Always had a lot of time for what he has to say.