Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

The supporters are already voting with their pockets; season-ticket sales are almost non-existent...

Wouldn't they need to be on sale first before they can be purchased? :lol:

That article seems complete bollocks to me. Nothing more than s***-stirring.

The supporters are already voting with their pockets; season-ticket sales are almost non-existent, adding to the financial mess which will make Newcastle an even less attractive proposition

Seeing as tickets have not gone on sale yet (other than the 3 year deal), I am not surprised.

What does it say?

Here you go, Dave:

EXCLUSIVE: Shearer shocker - former star will be frozen out if Ashley cannot find £100m buyer for Newcastle

By Bob Cass

Alan Shearer is in danger of being frozen out at Newcastle United as the club descends into chaos.

Owner Mike Ashley has made it clear that fans' favourite Shearer is not his first choice as manager to revive the club after their disastrous relegation from the Premier League.

The Mail On Sunday can reveal that even if the former striker had succeeded in keeping Newcastle up in his eight games in charge, Ashley would have risked yet more anger from supporters by offering the job to Steve Bruce instead.

And with negotiations about the transfer budget and Shearer's personal terms having broken down, it is increasingly unlikely that the pair will be able to form a working partnership.

The only hope for fans desperate for Shearer to take over is that Ashley finds someone willing to buy the club from him for a knockdown price of �100million or less. Even then the new owners might not choose to stick with Shearer.

While the difficult search for a buyer continues, the football club itself is rudderless because the uncertainty about the future, not to mention a recent raft of redundancies, means no-one is taking important decisions about such issues as contract renewals.

'It is an unbelievable situation,' a source revealed. 'The players are due to return for pre-season training in less than a month and nobody knows what's going on. Time is running short and the club needs to get somebody in quickly to sort things out.'

But there appears little prospect of Shearer and Ashley resolving their differences or of new owners being found quickly.

Financial Mr Fixit Keith Harris is more optimistic about arranging a deal now that Ashley has decided to cut his losses by dropping the asking price. But the servicing of a �40m debt, as well as another �60m in players' contracts, pushes the figure to double the �100m Ashley is now willing to accept and there are not many potential purchasers around.

Ashley's best hope appears to be an Omani-based consortium, who have expressed an interest in the club, but now the issue is not just who might accommodate him but how quickly it can be done.

The supporters are already voting with their pockets; season-ticket sales are almost non-existent, adding to the financial mess which will make Newcastle an even less attractive proposition.

This is Ashley's second attempt at putting the club on the market. Last time there were no takers and unless Harris finds a wealthy benefactor very soon, the sports goods entrepreneur may be forced to limp on as owner.

But whatever regime emerges, it is increasingly unlikely to include Shearer.

That article seems complete bollocks to me. Nothing more than s***-stirring.

I like this bit "The supporters are already voting with their pockets; season-ticket sales are almost non-existent, adding to the financial mess which will make Newcastle an even less attractive proposition."

Have the renewals even been sent out? I haven't had mine and I don't know anyone who has.

Daily Mail classic. Yesterday they tell us that the local consortium is buying us, today it's back to the Omanis. And they get paid for writing this shite.

Decided to post a replyfor shit and giggles

''season-ticket sales are almost non-existent'

Brilliant journalism - could the reason why season ticket applications are non-existant be because we haven't actually recieved this years application pack.

Are we just expected to turn up and give a random payment at the box office and hope for the best. 

By the way, did the reporter not read yesteday's story in The Mail - we're being taken over by a mystery consortium from the north east of England, not the Oman group any more.'

Wonder if it gets published.

A lot of the Sundays seems to be running the Shearer story.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/83813/Messiah-Shearer-snubbed/

This one says:

"But Ashley is desperate to sell and wants any promotion campaign to be financed as cheaply as possible

It’s understood he is not prepared to give the Shearer plan, which involves cash for transfers, the green light. "

Sounds like Ashley.

:frantic: :frantic:

Really hitting home how much Ashley has actually fucked us up. We really are truly fucked up n I don't think we have any chance of promotion next year. Too much chaos.

If we end up with Shepherd & Keegan after all this mess I'll honestly give up on that club.

If it does happen poor David Craig will just top himself infront of SJP,  I think even SSN would be sick of us.

He'll sign if and when he's good and ready to sign.

The club is in limbo at the minute and needs to be sorted before any important appointment is made. The whole thing needs ripping apart from top to bottom and if it takes a month or 2 to get sorted then so be it. As long as it's done right obviously. If Shearer wants to be the guy that oversees it all then he'll bend a bit in negotiations. I've actually managed to bore myself with this post but fuck it I'll post the twat anyway. 

The club is in limbo at the minute and needs to be sorted before any important appointment is made. The whole thing needs ripping apart from top to bottom and if it takes a month or 2 to get sorted then so be it. As long as it's done right obviously. If Shearer wants to be the guy that oversees it all then he'll bend a bit in negotiations. I've actually managed to bore myself with this post but f*** it I'll post the t*** anyway.  

Thats just it though Ashley is not going give Shearer the job he wants to sell so he wont be doing any deal with Al, all we can do is hope the club sell fast and at thos pont I really don't care who buys it as long as its done fast.

The club is in limbo at the minute and needs to be sorted before any important appointment is made. The whole thing needs ripping apart from top to bottom and if it takes a month or 2 to get sorted then so be it. As long as it's done right obviously. If Shearer wants to be the guy that oversees it all then he'll bend a bit in negotiations. I've actually managed to bore myself with this post but f*** it I'll post the t*** anyway.  

Thats just it though Ashley is not going give Shearer the job he wants to sell so he wont be doing any deal with Al, all we can do is hope the club sell fast and at thos pont I really don't care who buys it as long as its done fast.

That's what a million Newcastle fans said 2 years ago. The same fans were over the moon when they heard a billionaire was the new owner. The same fans have just seen us go down for only the 5th time in 117 years. :hmm:

That's what a million Newcastle fans said 2 years ago. The same fans were over the moon when they heard a billionaire was the new owner. The same fans have just seen us go down for only the 5th time in 117 years. :hmm:

Oh I know mate, its just a sign of the sate we yet again find ourselves in, fact is we have no way of knowing how good or bad any new owner will be, byt the longer it takes to sell the bigger the mess we are going to be in.

Oh I know mate, its just a sign of the sate we yet again find ourselves in, fact is we have no way of knowing how good or bad any new owner will be, byt the longer it takes to sell the bigger the mess we are going to be in.

It's a shite state of affairs. It needs sorting and quick.

The annoying thing is that if all this shit is dealt with we could fucking piss this league. Easily. With a new owner, new optimism and Shearer as boss, 40k+ crowds and a influx of fresh players we could wipe the fucking floor with most of the teams in this place.

If we end up with Shepherd & Keegan after all this mess I'll honestly give up on that club.

Interesting problem for you that.

You dislike the club being run by someone with ambition and you dislike the playing side being managed by someone with talent.

Given your comment can it be assumed you think Ashley/Kinnear is better than Shepherd/Keegan?  :mackems: