Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Do you think Shearer will stay, HTL?

Not a clue, really.  Sometimes I think the time it's taking is a bad sign, sometimes a good sign.

It should be simple. You appoint a manager, give him what he wants that the club can afford and you let him run it the way he wants to run it. You give him total control over the playing, coaching and medical side of things, who goes and who comes in. That's why you appoint a manager imo. These things shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Completely agree with all of that. :thup:

My point was just that if he does indeed agree to stay, surely it will have to mean he trusts and believes Ashley?

I can see this going tits up, what can take so long? they want Al, Al wants the job and I am sure Al is not asking for the wrold but yet again it looks as though Ashley is not willing to back his man. Its same old same od if you ask me.

Not a clue, really.  Sometimes I think the time it's taking is a bad sign, sometimes a good sign.

It should be simple. You appoint a manager, give him what he wants that the club can afford and you let him run it the way he wants to run it. You give him total control over the playing, coaching and medical side of things, who goes and who comes in. That's why you appoint a manager imo. These things shouldn't even be up for discussion.

My point was just that if he does indeed agree to stay, surely it will have to mean he trusts and believes Ashley?

Nah, to some on here that'll only mean Ashley has duped Shearer.

How can Ashley not afford to appoint Shearer. Imo, so many people would not renew their season tickets it would make no financial sense not to appoint and back him.

This is exactly what people were saying when they claimed any new owner or Board would automatically be better than the previous one. It was said many times that it would make no sense for anyone to take over the club and not invest in improving the team. After all, if a new owner didn't invest in the team how would that person get any return on their investment? So, ambition to challenge at the top by investing in the team was taken for granted by many people. Having assumed this was automatic they then said that we'd do great because any new owner/Board simply had to be more competent than the shower of plebs previously running the club. The club would definitely march onward and upward.   

Well it hasn't worked out that way and that's because Ashley is incompetent when it comes to football.

There's no reason to believe Ashley is going to do the right thing this time, in fact it'll be a major surprise if he does do the right thing, though to be honest, I'm concerned about how the "right thing" is defined. As supporters we see the right thing as appointing a decent manager and backing him, but I'm not convinced this is how Ashley sees things. In my opinion, the "right thing" to him was to keep the club for a few years and he'd make a killing on his investment simply by the normal economic growth in the country.  I don't think he even considered relegation as a possibility, he is so dumb about football, so he thought we'd always be in the PL.  Well he's been hit by the slump in the economy and by his own shit decisions that led to relegation. He had the chance to do something with a good manager when he appointed Keegan but he blew it by not backing him, the scenario above would explain why.

Why should it be assumed he's going to back Shearer now?

Last chance saloon??

How can Ashley not afford to appoint Shearer. Imo, so many people would not renew their season tickets it would make no financial sense not to appoint and back him.

This is exactly what people were saying when they claimed any new owner or Board would automatically be better than the previous one. It was said many times that it would make no sense for anyone to take over the club and not invest in improving the team. After all, if a new owner didn't invest in the team how would that person get any return on their investment? So, ambition to challenge at the top by investing in the team was taken for granted by many people. Having assumed this was automatic they then said that we'd do great because any new owner/Board simply had to be more competent than the shower of plebs previously running the club. The club would definitely march onward and upward.   

Well it hasn't worked out that way and that's because Ashley is incompetent when it comes to football.

There's no reason to believe Ashley is going to do the right thing this time, in fact it'll be a major surprise if he does do the right thing, though to be honest, I'm concerned about how the "right thing" is defined. As supporters we see the right thing as appointing a decent manager and backing him, but I'm not convinced this is how Ashley sees things. In my opinion, the "right thing" to him was to keep the club for a few years and he'd make a killing on his investment simply by the normal economic growth in the country.  I don't think he even considered relegation as a possibility, he is so dumb about football, so he thought we'd always be in the PL.  Well he's been hit by the slump in the economy and by his own shit decisions that led to relegation. He had the chance to do something with a good manager when he appointed Keegan but he blew it by not backing him, the scenario above would explain why.

Its not assumed anything HTL, what I am saying is "in my opinion" appointing Shearer and backing him is the only real option. But I can't see Shearer signing if he isn't going to be financially backed, and be the bloke who makes the decisions. And if Ashley cannot sign Shearer is any other decent manager going to consider the job as they will have seen what has gone on before and presume that if they take the job it is going to be more of the same.

Any anti-KK rants left in you?

I can see this going tits up, what can take so long? they want Al, Al wants the job and I am sure Al is not asking for the wrold but yet again it looks as though Ashley is not willing to back his man. Its same old same od if you ask me.

i hate to say it,  but it is looking that way at the minute.

i hope it isn't the case

Guest toonlass

Its not assumed anything HTL, what I am saying is "in my opinion" appointing Shearer and backing him is the only real option. But I can't see Shearer signing if he isn't going to be financially backed, and be the bloke who makes the decisions. And if Ashley cannot sign Shearer is any other decent manager going to consider the job as they will have seen what has gone on before and presume that if they take the job it is going to be more of the same.

What are you tweeting on about?

Yes. I agree with that.

I seem to recall YOU being one of MA's biggest defenders. Am I wrong?

Yeah but surely that's what's taking so long, then?

This is absolutely retarded if true. Fat cunt's cutting and running after ruining us. Hope he dies at the hands of a nutty Nigerian bus driver.

Guest toonlass

Abso-fucking-lutely.

You need to get your memory checked.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

You need to get your memory checked.

:mackems:

Will AS is interested in the job or he wouldn't be hanging around....So this time and without question it is down to Ashley. I hope to god he has learned something over the last 2 years.

Will AS is interested in the job or he wouldn't be hanging around....So this time and without question it is down to Ashley. I hope to god he has learned something over the last 2 years.

Not if it's like the KK meetings and they're desperately trying to make him stay... :undecided:

Spot on about the learning though, if relegation doesn't teach the witless twat anything we might as well give up now.

"There's three months ahead that will be even worse, trust me"

to be pedantic, i reckon its actually 9 weeks.  plenty time before that for the shit to hit the fan tho!

Haha, what I meant was if Leeds Mag was sick of waiting for the Shearer decisions to be made, over the course of four or five days, the next three months when very little at all happens will be a fucking nightmare for him.

He gave up a bit easily though didnt he.

He could have just stayed on to help whilst letting us know he hadnt had full control, so basically not to blame him.

All that could have happened is he got fired, this way he comes off looking bad also.

Thing is I really think Shearer wants to fix this club. He isn't KK, I don't think he'd abandon us like that.

:idiot2:

Keegan didn't abandon the club, he was forced out by Ashley.

There's a bit of both, innit.

"the next three months "

i know exactly what you meant but it aint that long.  season starts on 8th aug, so preseason friendlies will start 2nd last week of july?

six weeks time, players will be back for trianing!