Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Read the thread title. ALAN SHEARER. Read it again. ALAN SHEARER contract talks. This thread is not about Kevin Keegan and never was, so for the sake of the sanity of every single supporter on this forum, can we just drop it?

Fucking hell, he came, he left, whether he was forced out, sacked, abandoned us or shagged Ashley's wife, it was a year ago. It happened and can't be changed. So let's just get over it and look to the future.

Could AS wear a KK wig?

IMO, these talks have gone on for too long. If Ashley & co, really wanted Shearer as manager, they would have just give him what Shearer wanted.

I can see this fucking up majorly & ending up with JFK or Dowie in charge and us finishing bottom half/scrapping against relegation next season.

IMO, these talks have gone on for too long. If Ashley & co, really wanted Shearer as manager, they would have just give him what Shearer wanted.

I can see this fucking up majorly & ending up with JFK or Dowie in charge and us finishing bottom half/scrapping against relegation next season.

:omg:

Read the thread title. ALAN SHEARER. Read it again. ALAN SHEARER contract talks. This thread is not about Kevin Keegan and never was, so for the sake of the sanity of every single supporter on this forum, can we just drop it?

f***ing hell, he came, he left, whether he was forced out, sacked, abandoned us or shagged Ashley's wife, it was a year ago. It happened and can't be changed. So let's just get over it and look to the future.

Could AS wear a KK wig?

:lol: Most would probably think it was KK

Gotta guess Dowie or Carver?

How, not that I believe a word that stupido says but he said someone only invloved in the last 8 games of the season. Carver was not. The three that were were: Shearer, Dowie and Paul Ferris.

f***ing hell, he came, he left, whether he was forced out, sacked, abandoned us or shagged Ashley's wife, it was a year ago. It happened and can't be changed. So let's just get over it and look to the future.

Could AS wear a KK wig?

:lol: Most would probably think it was KK

bump the keegan thread, its my favourite.

Why don't people come out with names instead of clues?  Its stupid, its not like you wouldn't get done in court just because you hadn't said anyone's name.  :lol:

He's bullshitting man, but even if he wasn't it would be more stupid to reveal your sources and probably never told a thing again from them.

Thing is I really think Shearer wants to fix this club. He isn't KK, I don't think he'd abandon us like that.

:idiot2:

Keegan didn't abandon the club, he was forced out by Ashley.

Had this argument before, he walked out on us. Not for the first time either.

Well, all your current effort means is you've failed to learn anything from this previous argument you had assuming someone of intelligence tried to get the obvious into your heed.

Fact is, any manager worthy of the name is not going to be happy without control over which players come in and which players go out. The club is in my blood but I'd walk away if I was working under those conditions. Only a spineless tw*t wouldn't and only a moron would expect someone to work under those conditions.

Cheers

is that why he went first time round then ?

Which first time are you referring to ?   The time when we were in the second division and SJH had promised him funds and lied to him or the time when we were floated on the stock exchange and the priorties of the board changed from team building to making cash for themselves?

the time he actually walked when some restraints were put on him....every manager has some restraints,some are higher than others.

Do u really think he wanted to leave? For f***s sake we had just came off a second place finish and looking good to win it.

KK had to commit to 4 years with circumstational changes and didnt feel he could promise he would be there that long. In came Dalglish to do the job KK was expected to do - balance the books to keep the shareholders happy.

looking good to win it ? oh no we weren't.

have a check at how much dalglish spent.

circumstances change all the time and managers leave before their contracts are up all the time.

are you saying keegan left first time round because he wasn't going to be able to spend without hinderance.

Thing is I really think Shearer wants to fix this club. He isn't KK, I don't think he'd abandon us like that.

:idiot2:

Keegan didn't abandon the club, he was forced out by Ashley.

Had this argument before, he walked out on us. Not for the first time either.

Well, all your current effort means is you've failed to learn anything from this previous argument you had assuming someone of intelligence tried to get the obvious into your heed.

Fact is, any manager worthy of the name is not going to be happy without control over which players come in and which players go out. The club is in my blood but I'd walk away if I was working under those conditions. Only a spineless tw*t wouldn't and only a moron would expect someone to work under those conditions.

Cheers

is that why he went first time round then ?

Which first time are you referring to ?   The time when we were in the second division and SJH had promised him funds and lied to him or the time when we were floated on the stock exchange and the priorties of the board changed from team building to making cash for themselves?

the time he actually walked when some restraints were put on him....every manager has some restraints,some are higher than others.

Do u really think he wanted to leave? For f***s sake we had just came off a second place finish and looking good to win it.

KK had to commit to 4 years with circumstational changes and didnt feel he could promise he would be there that long. In came Dalglish to do the job KK was expected to do - balance the books to keep the shareholders happy.

looking good to win it ? oh no we weren't.

have a check at how much dalglish spent.

circumstances change all the time and managers leave before their contracts are up all the time.

are you saying keegan left first time round because he wasn't going to be able to spend without hinderance.

£7.65m.

What's your point?

I know I'm a bit pissed but I'm sure the amount Dalgleish spent keeps fluctuating.

On a separate note, is it really too much to expect an official update/ reassurance from the club by now?

I know I'm a bit pissed but I'm sure the amount Dalgleish spent keeps fluctuating.

On a separate note, is it really too much to expect an official update/ reassurance from the club by now?

Its the exchange rate, its variable.

I can see this f***ing up majorly & ending up with JFK or Dowie in charge and us finishing bottom half/scrapping against relegation next season.

Agreed.  You would have thought Ashley would have learnt his lesson with the Keegan debacle but it seems not.  With Sky now saying probably no more news until early next week, the odds would be against Shearer taking the job on.  If he was likely to accept the job, Ashley would, as you say, just give Shearer what he wants.

There's no way Shearer won't be confirmed as Manager. I'm not worried about it at all. If it doesn't happen Mike Ashley may as well sell NUFC at a massive loss to whoever wants to buy it as he'd be finished here.

I'm just hoping the "Root and Branch" stuff has started while the contracts are sorted out.

Guest Heneage

They could just be discussing it in full, better to iron out every detail now so a potential Keegan like debacle doesn't rise up during the season.

From the Independent

Ashley cuts third of staff

By Michael Walker

Saturday, 30 May 20

Newcastle United yesterday delayed the expected announcement of Alan Shearer's appointment as manager in order to deal with up to as many as 100 redundancies at St James' Park, the administrative cost of the team's relegation from the Premier League. With speculation regarding a takeover ongoing it has emerged that the investment banker Keith Harris visited Newcastle's training ground on his visit to Tyneside this week. That will fuel the belief that owner Mike Ashley is preparing to sell the club.

Newcastle's last accounts showed that the club has 307 full and part-time non-football staff and it appears that the owner, Mike Ashley, has ordered a cut of one third. The recently hired chief operations officer, David Williamson, is the most high-profile departure, but there have been redundancies across several departments as the club anticipates a potential £50m decrease in revenue.

Newcastle's greatest expense is their playing-staff wage bill and a reduction is anticipated. One of Shearer's first tasks will be to release players and Newcastle are encouraging interest in Joey Barton as an initial step in that process, though his agent has said repeatedly that he will not be forced out. Shearer is now expected to be confirmed as manager next week.

May not want to confirm that they will hire a new manager on a few million a year, at the same time make over a hundred people redundant. It would not be the best piece of publicity

Monday makes more sense given the lay offs. wouldnt be a suprise to see us release a list of who is being released too. there will be alot to clarify, maybe even some new signings, although thats pretty far fetched.

Can't see how, like.

Just add up what was spent on players during his time as manager and deduct the amount that came in from selling players during his time as manager. I've done it before (it's in my sig) but I just checked it again. £7.65m.

Do you think he spent more, or less than that?