Stoke City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 28

JH

I think its time to give up on these players tbh. Drop the lot of them and play the reserves and juniors. They couldnèt possibly do any worse and would show a hell of a lot more fight.

I'd usually dismiss this statement as knee-jerk stupidity, but its appeal is growing on by the game. Alan needs to make a statement; get rid of the fucking wasters (Butt, Ameobi, Butt, Taylor, Butt, etc.) and field a team of hungry youngsters.

I'm not even all that bothered about losing this game, the really disturbing thing is that the "Shearer Factor" seems to be zero for our players.

The players are STILL playing with the same nonexistent spirit and desire they did under Houghton.

tbf, they showed more with hughton, played well v man utd and arsenal

No one expected them to win those.  Hence a 'pressure kind of us' performance.

I am in a foul mood so apologies but it seems symptematic of the lack of enthusiasm all round, with everything and everyone linked to NUFC, that this thread doesnt have the usual scoreline in the title.

Its just like we've all, in out heart or hearts, given up and thought "ah whats the point"

I am going back in my little underground hole now :(

As everyone says, shola must be fcking amazing in training.

But they have to give up on him now.

I think fairly clearly they went with shola today for his physical presence to defend set pieces... lesson learned by all I spose. Not to worry though, it'll just make the comeback all the better.

Not going to happen IMO! Shola remains on the pitch and make us concede another stupid goal at the best...If we can't challenge Stoke we really don't deserve to be at this level(neither does Stoke in the first place)

As everyone says, shola must be fcking amazing in training.

But they have to give up on him now.

I think fairly clearly they went with shola today for his physical presence to defend set pieces... lesson learned by all I spose. Not to worry though, it'll just make the comeback all the better.

I'll have a pint of whatever you're on.

So much for Foy being one of the best referees

He's been poor, but he's not the reason we're losing.

Actually, he technically is.

No, he's not.

In the EPL you should be able to defend corners. No-one to blame but ourselves.

Guest Heneage

Its the fact these decisions don't seem to go for us. If we got our share of dodgy corners.

Also fucking fuming at Faye, the fans were nothing but nice to him, and he has the cheek to do that when it was in essence our money that kept him driving his bentley. Total twat.

No, he's not.

The corner shouldn't have happened.  That goal therefore wouldn't have happened.

Q.E.D.

Admittedly, we'd probably be losing through another goal.  But referreeing mistake led to corner, which led to goal.

Guest toonlass

No, he's not.

Hate it when people call it the EPL.

Its the fact these decisions don't seem to go for us. If we got our share of dodgy corners.

Also f***ing fuming at Faye, the fans were nothing but nice to him, and he has the cheek to do that when it was in essence our money that kept him driving his bentley. Total t***.

What?