Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

Guest Heneage

I didn't forget him actually (dunno if you saw my earlier post on the squad status in here), but it appears everyone at the club has done!

If he kicks a ball for us again this season I'll eat my own poo.

Be careful I know these two lasses who said the same when he played for them.

Actually. Stone the crows... is he on the training photos!? In the hat!? OH MY!

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1630872,00.html

Care to direct? I don't have a fucking clue what he looks like :lol:

On the massive "jogging" photo Wor Nacho is at the back near the centre, just over Carroll's shoulder.

Then further down he has his back turned behind Oba ("Up and Oba").

I didn't forget him actually (dunno if you saw my earlier post on the squad status in here), but it appears everyone at the club has done!

Howay then, Almighty Zen of Football... until you confirm it is indeed Nacho on those pictures I can't bring myself to 100% believe it.

Guest Heneage

Howay then, Almighty Zen of Football... until you confirm it is indeed Nacho on those pictures I can't bring myself to 100% believe it.

Mate I was making a 2 girls 1 cup joke about you eating your own poo. :lol:

I know, I got that. There are bigger things at work here though my friend than your attempted humour (which, for once, wasn't all that bad!). Stop dodging the question and provide me with an answer. Otherwise I won't be able to enjoy my Friday evening safe in the knowledge that our squad is absolutely brimming over with top-class international footballers.

Guest sicko2ndbest

..........................Harper...........................

.................Beye..Taylor...Bassong.............

..Taylor........Nolan.........Butt/Guth...........Jonas

...........................Owen...................................

..................Martins.......Viduka/Carroll....................

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article6115259.ece

Shearer counts on Viduka to make an impact

George Caulkin

Alan Shearer has been in situ at Newcastle United for little more than a fortnight and now the size of the position he has inherited at his home-town club is becoming clear. In an example of the extent to which standards had slipped at St James’ Park this season, Shearer has admitted that before his appointment as manager, Mark Viduka had effectively been “sidelined”.

Viduka, 33, has not been a universally popular figure during his two years on Tyneside, with injuries restricting the Australia striker to 20 league starts. Having walked off the field away to Wigan Athletic on Boxing Day — later claiming to be suffering from a groin problem — he was taunted with chants of “You’re not fit to wear the shirt,” by supporters, but the club do not appear to have handled him adroitly.

Viduka’s contract expires this summer — although an option is in place to extend it by another season — and he has recently been troubled by an Achilles tendon complaint. However, he has been included in the squad — also thanks to the absence through injury of Obafemi Martins — for the match away to Tottenham Hotspur tomorrow after discussions with Shearer. It would have been an unlikely development under the previous regime.

“The big thing with Mark is getting him fit and keeping him fit,” said Shearer, who is fully aware of the crucial role Viduka played in Newcastle avoiding relegation last season. We have to try and manage that and treat him differently to the rest of the players in training. It’s fair to say that Mark probably wouldn’t have played again this season if things hadn’t changed. So just having him available to play some part is great.

“He was injured and not in a good condition and probably on his way to Australia this summer, because talks hadn’t happened between himself and the football club. But he’s shown a great appetite to get us out of trouble, which is what I’m looking for. He was sidelined before I came. If we can get something out of him between now and the end of the season it could be key.”

Guest toonlass

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article6115259.ece

Shearer counts on Viduka to make an impact

George Caulkin

Alan Shearer has been in situ at Newcastle United for little more than a fortnight and now the size of the position he has inherited at his home-town club is becoming clear. In an example of the extent to which standards had slipped at St James’ Park this season, Shearer has admitted that before his appointment as manager, Mark Viduka had effectively been “sidelined”.

Viduka, 33, has not been a universally popular figure during his two years on Tyneside, with injuries restricting the Australia striker to 20 league starts. Having walked off the field away to Wigan Athletic on Boxing Day — later claiming to be suffering from a groin problem — he was taunted with chants of “You’re not fit to wear the shirt,” by supporters, but the club do not appear to have handled him adroitly.

Viduka’s contract expires this summer — although an option is in place to extend it by another season — and he has recently been troubled by an Achilles tendon complaint. However, he has been included in the squad — also thanks to the absence through injury of Obafemi Martins — for the match away to Tottenham Hotspur tomorrow after discussions with Shearer. It would have been an unlikely development under the previous regime.

“The big thing with Mark is getting him fit and keeping him fit,” said Shearer, who is fully aware of the crucial role Viduka played in Newcastle avoiding relegation last season. We have to try and manage that and treat him differently to the rest of the players in training. It’s fair to say that Mark probably wouldn’t have played again this season if things hadn’t changed. So just having him available to play some part is great.

“He was injured and not in a good condition and probably on his way to Australia this summer, because talks hadn’t happened between himself and the football club. But he’s shown a great appetite to get us out of trouble, which is what I’m looking for. He was sidelined before I came. If we can get something out of him between now and the end of the season it could be key.”

To be honest I think Kinnear et al have done a great deal of damage to this club through sidelining players. Viduka, Xisco etc have been left to rot, ignored by Kinnear and given no incentive to work hard to be fit. I really don't understand the thing with Xisco, if anyone had a just cause to speak out about his treatment at Newcastle then its this guy, and yet he just gets on with training. If we had another left back I get the feeling Enrique would have been in the same boat, earlier in the season. Its petty and its pathetic.

i've been getting pitying comments from the spurs fans at work all week. more annoying that them taking the piss..

anyone know what the latest on Martins' condition? likely to play or crying off again?

Right, today is put to bed. We're 4 points off Hull/Blackburn with a +5 goal difference over them, 1 point behind 'Boro with a +7 goal difference on them.

A point tomorrow would be good, but a win could be absolutely monumental. Fucking gigantic game. HOWAY THE LADS!!!

Only Jose Enrique and Joey Barton are missing from the squad, Alan Shearer is our manager... let's get Uri Geller involved again and it's all positivity baby!

Even a loss tomorrow and we can't throw the towel in with those 3 home games we have left. We're probably going to need 7-10 points to get ahead of Hull and 'Boro, but getting something at Spurs will just relieve the pressure that little bit.

I could honestly see it going to the final day.

A loss tomorrow won't change things a massive amount... just before people go slitting their wrists if we do. I'd say we need about seven points to stay up looking at other teams' fixtures.

7 points assumes Hull/Blackburn only get 3 and 'Boro only get 6 before the season is out, that's a very tall order for us to hope for as pertains Hull, with a home game against Stoke and games against teams who might not be firing on all cylinders. Blackburn's run-in doesn't look all that bad either. They've got WBA at home on the last day, which could be a banker straight away...

10 points is the zenith for us, but it's a huge ask. 7 might be enough, but it's the minimum IMO. We've got to be looking at winning half of our remaining games and then scratching a draw or two.

7 points assumes Hull/Blackburn only get 3 and 'Boro only get 6 before the season is out, that's a very tall order for us to hope for as pertains Hull, with a home game against Stoke and games against teams who might not be firing on all cylinders. Blackburn's run-in doesn't look all that bad either. They've got WBA at home on the last day, which could be a banker straight away...

10 points is the zenith for us, but it's a huge ask. 7 might be enough, but it's the minimum IMO. We've got to be looking at winning half of our remaining games and then scratching a draw or two.

You need at least 6 from your 3 home games. Anything less and you're gone: I say this because there's something telling me you're capable of winning either at WHL, or Villa Park, against a Villa side playing for little.

Only other team i'm thinking about is 'Ull cos they're wank and they've got a bollocks fixture list. I said prior to Stoke that ten points would see us definitely stay up; we got the one we needed to kick us off with at Stoke. That was a decent start with several positives, regardless of the people who went around hanging themselves after the shoddy performance.

We might lose to both Spurs and Liverpool, but from a practical point of view, there'll be other losses around us and the only thing it will physically damage is our goal difference. But even then, three home wins = fine. Two home wins and a draw = also fine. Two home wins and a loss = tetchy. Anything less than that... oo-er.

Guest Heneage

Its probably one of the games most fans have ticked as a loss just because Tottenham are above us and have picked up lately. But you have to rememebr our record against them, we are their bogey team a bit as we have won some games against them that were totally un deserved. I could see us nicking something at Villa personally as for this, who knows a win would be tremendous.

Guest Heneage

I think it will be a totally different game to Stoke, Spurs like to pass it and I think that will work in our favour.