Shearer makes his feelings known

Dave

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5178638,00.html

Shearer - Big mistakes made

Magpies boss wants to see improvements next season

Alan Shearer hopes Newcastle United will learn from the 'big mistakes' made this season, if the club stay in the Premier League.

Magpies legend Shearer is in charge at St James' Park until the end of the season while Joe Kinnear recovers from heart surgery.

Kinnear was appointed last September after Kevin Keegan quit due to reported interference from the likes of former executive football director Dennis Wise.

Shearer discussed the situation with Mike Ashley upon accepting the job and expects the Newcastle owner to avoid a repeat of the errors next season.

"I've made my feelings known to the necessary people," said Shearer. "They are well aware of their mistakes and other people's mistakes.

"I think they know what's been done right and what's been done wrong. Staying in this league will give them the chance to rectify that.

"The squad is unbalanced. You can't go into a season with one person in one position. At some time that player is going to get injured, as has happened with Jose Enrique at left-back.

"I knew the situation when I took the job, so I'm not complaining.

"We had meetings before I took it and we've had meetings over the past week about what we believe has gone right and what's gone wrong. They are definitely aware.

"They're new to football and they're going to make mistakes, but there have been some big mistakes.

"Whose fault is it? Everyone will have their own opinion on that. But it's important the same mistakes aren't made again."

Let's hope (if we manage to stay up) they learn from the Keegan affair. Great to imagine Shearer banging some heads together instead of just being a puppet like Kinnear. :indi:

after appointing such a vocal critic of 'the system' and then Wise leaving i think even ashley and co now admit that they were in the wrong last summer

What a pity it took so long for them to realise it though. Eight games left ffs.

I just hope that Shearer sticks around if we go down, I think he could bring us back up (based on nothing, really).

after appointing such a vocal critic of 'the system' and then Wise leaving i think even ashley and co now admit that they were in the wrong last summer

What a pity it took so long for them to realise it though. Eight games left ffs.

It was far too late. We can only hope it wasn't too little.