Shay Given - Games are running out for Newcastle

NG32

Guest Phil K

Coward.................we dont need your sympathy.

Coward, no he isn't

But I'd agree - we don't need the sympathy of anyone, let alone someone who walked out on us.

Coward.................we dont need your sympathy.

Coward, no he isn't

But I'd agree - we don't need the sympathy of anyone, let alone someone who walked out on us.

Walking away from a relegation battle = coward.

Unless you can inform me otherwise?

Given was without a doubt the best keeper the Toons had in my lifetime.

But i have to agree that if he cared as much about us as he's saying, why didn't he stay for a few more months, help us avoid the drop, then fuck off?

Can't help but think that the fact that IF we stay up, the chances of his opening match next season will probably be against us at St James' Park might be in his thinking.

I still like the people I used to work with &  hope they do well. I hope they are not saying "well  Thespence can f*** off as he left us"

I dont ever recall you dropping people in the shit and i've known you 30 years.

I still like the people I used to work with &  hope they do well. I hope they are not saying "well  Thespence can f*** off as he left us"

I dont ever recall you dropping people in the shit and i've known you 30 years.

if you've known him 30 years and you were both working for joke company who were continually fucking over their staff and customer base for years on end wouldn't you be pleased he was getting a chance at a move to a potentially more sensible environment (:lol:) with a massive increase in wages?

if it was my mate i would like

I ubnserstood how he felt, we all felt the same but I blame the club for selling him as much as I blame him for going.. City would still have bought him at the end of the season, Harper is NOwhere near the keeper Shay is and we are suffering because of that..

Bit harsh really. Not sure where this interview taok place but I am sure he didnt ring the journalist up to offer his opinion.

What else is he meant to say if asked about the Shearer situation :  "Who gives a fuck. Nothing to do with me now"

I dont ever recall you dropping people in the s*** and i've known you 30 years.

if you've known him 30 years and you were both working for joke company who were continually f***ing over their staff and customer base for years on end wouldn't you be pleased he was getting a chance at a move to a potentially more sensible environment (:lol:) with a massive increase in wages?

No

Guest toonlass

Bit harsh really. Not sure where this interview taok place but I am sure he didnt ring the journalist up to offer his opinion.

What else is he meant to say if asked about the Shearer situation :  "Who gives a fuck. Nothing to do with me now"

Aye tbh.

He has walked away from Newcastle. He could have stayed until the summer. I am sure had he done that then he would have got his move then. Manchester City would have come back in then with a bid that we would of accepted. However he chose to leave in the middle of the season. I have not forgotten that he gave us all those years of wonderful service, but I do feel strongly that a few more months would not have killed him. So I don't want his opinion on Newcastle's situation now.

What else is he meant to say if asked about the Shearer situation :  "Who gives a f***. Nothing to do with me now"

Aye tbh.

He has walked away from Newcastle. He could have stayed until the summer. I am sure had he done that then he would have got his move then. Manchester City would have come back in then with a bid that we would of accepted. However he chose to leave in the middle of the season. I have not forgotten that he gave us all those years of wonderful service, but I do feel strongly that a few more months would not have killed him. So I don't want his opinion on Newcastle's situation now.

Amen.

you grumpy old gits ;D

What else is he meant to say if asked about the Shearer situation :  "Who gives a f***. Nothing to do with me now"

Aye tbh.

This.  :thup:

you grumpy old gits ;D

:lol:

until Shay Given retires, NUFC is nothing to do with him and I have no interest in hearing his sympathy, its insulting.

This. Fuck you Shay, you should have stayed on for another six months if you wanted to have an opinion on us.

I know he was probably asked and didn't bring this up himself, but fuck him anyway.

I just dont like people running away and then speaking to the press telling us we are running out of games.

f*** off we know, you could have helped us stay up.

Remember what Shay said at the time "They made me do things that I didn't want to do in the end, and I was disappointed with the way it was handled."  Not sure if that was regarding the transfer or Llambias made Shay fondle himself while he was recording it.

if you've known him 30 years and you were both working for joke company who were continually f***ing over their staff and customer base for years on end wouldn't you be pleased he was getting a chance at a move to a potentially more sensible environment (:lol:) with a massive increase in wages?

No

:lol:

I just dont like people running away and then speaking to the press telling us we are running out of games.

f*** off we know, you could have helped us stay up.

Remember what Shay said at the time "They made me do things that I didn't want to do in the end, and I was disappointed with the way it was handled."  Not sure if that was regarding the transfer or Llambias made Shay fondle himself while he was recording it.

He was probs trying to engineer a move and protect his image with the fans, Llambias played his ass and showed him for what he really is.

Given could have easily come out at any time and said something along the lines of " I'm staying, i cant leave the club like this".  And then left in the summer.

He didn't, he left, jumped ship, ran away, bottled it.  Coward.

Guest Roger Kint

There would have been a lot of pressure from City to join then, they wanted a keeper who could play in Europe after all. Thankfully the payrise would have softened his anguish of leaving a relegation battle for a possible trophy with the mega rich arabs on the up.

I think his heart will still be with us, and the Man City fans are going to tire of his bleating on about Newcastle United sooner than later.

Still, his massive wages will compensate him a little bit for now.

I wonder how many of those criticising Shay for 'walking out on us' would cream in their jeans if the serial bottler Keegan ever wanted to come back?

As for Shay I admire the guys patience for sticking with us for so long.