Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

Frustratingly awful distribution and a typically wretched inability yo command his box, replacing him has to be a top priority this close season.

We've got much bigger problems.

Guest BooBoo

Frustratingly awful distribution and a typically wretched inability yo command his box, replacing him has to be a top priority this close season.

We've got much bigger problems.

Perhaps, but in Premier League terms, i think he's awful. Forster deserves a chance next term.

Perhaps, but in Premier League terms, i think he's awful. Forster deserves a chance next term.

Krul was supposed to be the one to keep him out, playing in lesser leagues isn't the best way to judge form of players.

Guest BooBoo

Krul was supposed to be the one to keep him out, playing in lesser leagues isn't the best way to judge form of players.

Just judging from what I've seen but i reckon Forster is by far and away the better prospect and deserves his chance next year,.

Guest prestonj1989

I'm not sure if he means to do it, but nearly all his kicks seem to have this horrible hook on them and lack distance.

aye, decent. made some good saves yesterday, but come on. He is not good enough. he just can´t move. every time a shot comes beside him he let it in.

I hope we give forster a chance too. He seems really good and compared to Krul he has been playing for two years now.

Guest Keithy Boy

aye, decent. made some good saves yesterday, but come on. He is not good enough. he just can´t move. every time a shot comes beside him he let it in.

I hope we give forster a chance too. He seems really good and compared to Krul he has been playing for two years now.

i thought he was terrible at the start of the season, does seem to be quie immobile when it comes to shots SOMETIMES. since he's came back from his injury i feel hes been pretty solid. i dont rate Krul as high as Harps and my mates who are Celtic fans dont believe Forster is any better than their other keeper Zaluska (*spelling?) , who btw, is fuckin shite

Made some class saves yesterday, two that spring to mind were Arteta in the first half and think it was Coleman late on when he finger tipped it past the post. But agree his kicking's awful

I've never seen someone manage to put as much backspin on a football as Harper, it's incredible at times. He'll hit it in the away section from the Leazes before the end of the season.

Guest jonlane86

Harper = by far the best GK we have at the club currently.  I felt uneasy seeing Krul between the sticks whilst Harper was out injured because although he does have potential to be something special he's clearly not there yet, and there is no coincidence that Harps got back into the side quickly after his injury.

My strategy for next year would be to loan our Tim Krul and see if Forster can challenge for a starting berth.  I think we're quite lucky with the Keepers we have on the whole.

Any chance you could just stop posting?

:lol:

:lol:

:razz:

Happy 36th Birthday, Stephen Alan Harper. Newcastle United number one and the longest serving player currently at the club, only one year off the record set by W "Billy" Hampson (who was at NUFC for 19 years).

Credit to him for sticking by this club for 18 years and being a model professional, both on and off the pitch.

Guest Stephen927

I appreciate very much that this lad had no ambition or bottle to go elsewhere and make a name. He has been a good back-up and alright number 1.