Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

Was reading Sir Bobby's autobiography again the other day and was interesting to see him have a little dig at Harper in it.

What does he say?  It is interesting that in the years after Bobby was sacked, he did actually have a few digs at players who played for him.  Almost a bit out of character.

Who do you mean?

He has made a few comments about Shearer.  Obviously the one above Harper.  I seem to remember reading his autobiography a while back and being surprised about how forthright he was in his opinions about certain players.  I am not here to comment on the veracity of what he said, more that it seemed out of character for him.

Was reading Sir Bobby's autobiography again the other day and was interesting to see him have a little dig at Harper in it.

What does he say?  It is interesting that in the years after Bobby was sacked, he did actually have a few digs at players who played for him.  Almost a bit out of character.

Who do you mean?

He has made a few comments about Shearer.  Obviously the one above Harper.  I seem to remember reading his autobiography a while back and being surprised about how forthright he was in his opinions about certain players.  I am not here to comment on the veracity of what he said, more that it seemed out of character for him.

Quite a few comments about Robert too iirc.

Bobby made comments about Robert and Shearer while he was manager, in fairness. I remember one particular occasion when he laid into press for questioning his benching of Shearer; saying something about Henry and RVN being much younger and nobody batting an eyelid when they get benched.

Not necessarily, but it still doesn't explain why he handed in a transfer request/how they 'forced him to'. The last thing I'd do is co-operate with those 'forcing me out'.

Well Harper said that once a club tells you they want to accept an offer, there is just no point in staying.  Whether we agree with that or not, it does seem to be the standard viewpoint of players.

Handing in a transfer request removes any entitlement to a huge payoff, if someone forced me out of the club i loved i wouldnt help them out by letting them keep my money.

:thup:

Some of the things mentioned don't add up at all.

Said Ashley had to re-invest the money from the sales of Carroll and Routledge

He's not officially gone yet though, right?  I mean it's pretty obvious he will be off but weirder things have happened.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump!

That goal he let in last night shows he should never play for Newcastle again. Shit keeper, totally over-rated.

League One standard at best, definitely not Championship and certainly not Premiership quality!

Guess I was right all along....... :tongue3: