New NUFC Strip

clintdempsey
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the championship numbers are a lot more manly than the premiership ones like.

your avatar is the first time i've seen a mock up with red numbers and it's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

definately getting one now, somehow

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_262.png

yeah, its canny like...

Guest jonlane86

Owen looks rough in that ad, like he's just off a 36 hour bender or something!

must have been taken after the Gold Cup after he backed Denman to win it.............

the championship numbers are a lot more manly than the premiership ones like.

your avatar is the first time i've seen a mock up with red numbers and it's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

definately getting one now, somehow

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_262.png

yeah, its canny like...

it's fucking superb is what it is - someone should really send this to the club somehow before they actually start selling so they see how uber cool it is

think i'll get long sleeves and all, mint

My fav recent kit next to the one Shearer had in his final year (gold trim) and the predominantly black kit we had when we went to the San Siro.

This may be my favorite though.

This is defenately a business strategy. They know that the kit is horrible on the back. The only way to make it look good is to print name and number on it. It brings more money in. f***ing money-grabbing bastards.  :angry:

This is defenately a business strategy. They know that the kit is horrible on the back. The only way to make it look good is to print name and number on it. It brings more money in. f***ing money-grabbing bastards.  :angry:

Not exactly new, this strategy then?

I just thought because our kit is striped it was difficult to put a name and number on and make it look OK. So it needs a plain coloured panel for that.

Naive?

I believe this is the case.

More importantly, this is the thoughts of the PL who tell the clubs to make sure that their numbers are shown properly. (as the PL will get BANK from the numbering on the shirts)

I just thought because our kit is striped it was difficult to put a name and number on and make it look OK. So it needs a plain coloured panel for that.

Naive?

We managed fine for years without a panel tbh, including with the last few shirts before the current one.

Naive?

We managed fine for years without a panel tbh, including with the last few shirts before the current one.

Weren't there people complaining though that they couldn't see the lettering (blue or gold) very well though?

They should have two strips out - one for the professionals where they should have a patch on the back, so commentators, refs etc can see the numbers and normal punters where we have the stripes at the back instead of the patch.

Guest Ebolarama

Which people? Frankly if they can't identify the players by their positions, running styles and appearances they shouldn't be watching.

Agreed. In fact, they shouldn't be watching if they can't identify them via their sweaty musk either. Eyes are for plastic fans.

They should have two strips out - one for the professionals where they should have a patch on the back, so commentators, refs etc can see the numbers and normal punters where we have the stripes at the back instead of the patch.

But then it's no longer a "Replica kit".