Are we now the most hated club in England??

pedro111

I would say, yes.

Ive noticed the hate building over the past few years and a recent scout around the other prem message boards confirmed the fact. 

Everyone hates us. Simple as that. I have read thread after thread on other teams message boards about our situation and you'd honestly be hard pressed to find a single person who isnt hoping and praying that we go down. Hell, even fans of clubs not even in our league hate us with a passion ffs, thats how bad its got!!  :lol:

Obviously we havent done ourselves any favours in recent years with the way the club has been run but by far and away the biggest reason stated for hating us is.................yep, you've guessed it...........The fans.......The 'deluded' fans.

They seem to think our entire support is the same as the handfull of idiots (well more than a handfull I'll give you that! :lol: ) who rock up outside the ground and get on SSN's or Setanta whenever a bird farts. They seem to think everything that happens at the club is dictated by the fans and we only have ourselves to blame.

Well, what do you think? and more importantly, do you care?

Guest timmy boy

When ever a big club is in this situation every one wants to see them go down, same as when Leeds were going down. Also we are run like a joke, go through millions of managers, have loads of over the hill/rated players and play awful football, what's to like about us?

When we have been an attractive side to watch and been run well with a good manager people have spoke favourable of us. Like when Keegan and Robson had us playing great stuff, people admired our team. Works both ways.

Think Rich has nailed it tbh. Most neutrals want us to go down because it's a much bigger event than, say, Hull going down. Because of the size of our club and the interest we generate it was always going to happen.

We should take it as a back-handed compliment.

Think Rich has nailed it tbh. Most neutrals want us to go down because it's a much bigger event than, say, Hull going down. Because of the size of our club and the interest we generate it was always going to happen.

:lol:

The avatar strikes back!

The avatar strikes back!

Ah fuck. Sorry Tim.  :blush:

Yeah but it goes far beyond just wanting to see a big club go down.  People are actively anti Newcastle.  Vicious, hate filled comments spewing out from their demon keyboards.

To them, we are like Freddie Krueger, Simon Cowell and Swine Flu combined as one.

The avatar strikes back!

Ah fuck. Sorry Tim.  :blush:

I also thought it was Rich :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Were not hated, were just a big club with big problems looking like theyre going down.

We could be Leeds, Villa, Spurs, whoever, and other fans would want to see us go down, I know people had a reason to want Dirty Leeds to go down, but a lot of it was to do with their standing in the game, we are no different. Its nothing specific to us.

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

Its familiarity breeds contempt. Talk about Karlsruhe or St Etienne and they've got nothing to say.

But they feel comfortable and smug running forward to thump us.

Dont think its personal, its just newsworth, that a club who was fighting for top 5 slots ten years ago, is now relegated.(on the brink anyway)

MOSt prem fans are secretly relieved its not them.

IF we dont disintegrate in championship and bounce back up, then am sure it will suprise alot of people who think the nufc fanbase/club is aload of hotair!

Guest toonlass

Personally I think the media are to be partially blamed for the 'deluded' fans impression that others have of us. Coupled with the 'rent-a-mong' brigade that turn up to St James every time Sky announce that they are crossing over to Newcastle and no wonder people think the fans are idiots.  Then add 'the bigger they are, the harder they fall' syndrome and there u go.

They'll miss us next season.

Case in point. 300 Pompey fans at SJP Monday, reverse the fixture and we would have taken at least 2,000 down.

Put a Newcastle game on in just about any bar and there will be Toon fans putting money into the tills. How many Hull fans do you see outside of Hull?

As with most things, the thought of us going down (to others) is a lot better (and funnier) than the reality

Guest Wally_McFool

Were not hated, were just a big club with big problems looking like theyre going down.

You are so wrong.

Newcastle  fans are despised and hated and perceived as being arrogant, nationwide.

Have a butchers at ANY teams football forums and letters pages on the internet and you will see this. (Even the Chester City forum has a thread where their fans are taking the piss out of us!)

Agree with Blefescu about the media and rent-a-mongs  having a lot to do with this.

I don't think we are hated, in fact I think people really want to like us given any sort of encouragement. We play horrible football with very few goals and we have an owner and Chairman who don't give two figs for the game. Why would we be popular? Other than the fanbase, and the city itself, we are an embarassment to the game.

It doesn't help that this idea has built up - fuelled partly by the media - of Newcastle fans being the best or most loyal in the country. That's bred a bit of resentment which adds to the natural pleasure in seeing a big club fuck up.

Sadly, I think this is a club where the pressure from fans is higher than anywhere else. That's influenced a lot of bad decisions in recent years. (eg Shearer not retiring at the right time, re-appointing Keegan)

It doesn't help that this idea has built up - fuelled partly by the media - of Newcastle fans being the best or most loyal in the country. That's bred a bit of resentment which adds to the natural pleasure in seeing a big club fuck up.

Sadly, I think this is a club where the pressure from fans is higher than anywhere else. That's influenced a lot of bad decisions in recent years. (eg Shearer not retiring at the right time, re-appointing Keegan)

Who actually called for Keegan to be appointed again though? I really can't remember many people if any at all. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know, but it now just looks like a ploy to try and cash in from the fans.

Who actually called for Keegan to be appointed again though? I really can't remember many people if any at all. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know, but it now just looks like a ploy to try and cash in from the fans.

Sure, I don't remember there being a big demand for Keegan's return - possibly because most people assumed that he had retired from the game completely. But it was a strange gesture to appoint someone whose appetite for the game was clearly very brittle, and who had left his two previous jobs under a cloud. I think Ashley saw Keegan as someone who would get the fans onside and who would be given the time to turn things around. Anyone other than Keegan or Shearer would have faced a lot of pressure after a few defeats.

On the same tone, you can see now that Shearer is being cut a lot of slack. After one goal and one point from four games, other managers would be coming in for a lot more stick.

Ultimately, the owners should be strong enough to resist that kind of pressure. They have to take the responsibility.

Guest Ebolarama

People love to see an established Premier League club in trouble, moreso when they are basically nailed on to go down. Don't feel too persecuted: it's only a game after all.