Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/05/09 - post match reaction from page 17

Dave

Guest neesy111

shocking shocking defending that's all I can say about this performance and timid as well

The notification about the new reply before you post is so frustrating. Is it possible to turn it off?

It's all in your personal settings. I've done it for you, plus a couple of other tweaks. ;)

Whether we expected anything from this game or not, if it weren't for two shocking moments of defensive display, I reckon it'd still be 0-0.

Anfield or not, with defending like that we might as well say bye bye to the Premier League.

Guest firetotheworks

It has to be said that the referee may aswell be wearing a Liverpool top mind. Utterly despicable cunt.

Well we got a lesson in football there, first 15 mins we did okay after that it was just embarrassing, he has to change it like, credit Al for being brave enough to try and have a go but it hasn't worked. Get Jonas and Carroll on for Loven and Dukes, at least Carroll can jump and Jonas will close the fker down and not just stand off..

Call me blind, but I can see a positive in this match. Joey Barton. The end.

The presence of Barton and the absence of Owen has brought a big improvement when we're in possession. We've actually opened up their defence a few times, and could have scored. That's what we can take forward from this game.

Of course, there's no leadership in defence. As usual, there's no-one directing operations and we look a shambles.

shocking shocking defending that's all I can say about this performance and timid as well

Colo has been complete and utter crap again.  That 2nd goal he was literally hiding at the near post behind a Liverpool player while Butt covered the Liverpool player (Butt was between the Liverpool player and the ball, whilst Colo was in the 1ft of space between the Liverpool player and the near post.)  This left Kuyt competely unmarked in the middle of the box.

I honestly don't know what Shearer can say to them at half time, bollock them and this bunch of spineless crap will buckle still further, encouraging them is a waste of time as they obviously haven't responded in any shape or form in the past.

Sorry excuse for a squad of players IMO.

Are Martins and Smith even on the pitch? I haven't seen them in about 35 minutes.

Viduka looks lost and alone up there - he's too old to hold the frontline alone.

Butt and Barton look lively, Barton moreso at attacking, but Nicky's impressing me with his fight to win the ball everytime he goes in for a challenge.

Duff has impressed, considering the calibre of opposition and how exposed he's been left.

The rest of the defence...just don't even go there.

The referee and linesmen might as well be wearing Liverpool shirts.

Call me blind, but I can see a positive in this match. Joey Barton. The end.

Hope that Barton will not finish the game injured, becuase he is really only one in the midfield who looks good so far.

The full backs aren't getting enough protection from Loven and Martins. Daft idea to go 4-3-3 in this game for me, Liverpool have far too much space down the flanks.