Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/05/09 - post match reaction from page 17

Dave

I know I am going to get flamed to death for this, but I am starting to think that being relegated may not be the worst thing (in the grand scheme of things) to happen to this club.

We have a squad of total shite that are way to old and don't give a flying-fuck about our club.  We need an opportunity to completely clear out the ranks and bring in a new squad of up-and-comers.  Releasing our high priced current squad will mean we can get in new players that are cheaper, which means we can have more squad depth, and we can bring in players that are willing to bust a gut to play in the PL.

We need a complete top-to-bottom clean-out of the club and that just can't happen in the PL.

Shearer's made some glaring errors again tbh, he's shown potential but tbh he is way out of his depth.

Because we lost to Liverpool he is out of his depth.. fuck off.

i think that is fair enough tbh, he's out of his depth due to inexperience and the extent of our mire. it would take someone special to turn us around and, while he might turn out to be a very good manager in 2 or 3 years, he's not there yet.

FT

Another great finish from Owen.

That would have been a goal had the keeper not been in the way. I don't see how you can blame Michael Owen for not scoring when it's not his fault that the opposition team have goalkeepers guarding the nets.

I know I am going to get flamed to death for this, but I am starting to think that being relegated may not be the worst thing (in the grand scheme of things) to happen to this club.

We have a squad of total shite that are way to old and don't give a flying-fuck about our club.  We need an opportunity to completely clear out the ranks and bring in a new squad of up-and-comers.  Releasing our high priced current squad will mean we can get in new players that are cheaper, which means we can have more squad depth, and we can bring in players that are willing to bust a gut to play in the PL.

We need a complete top-to-bottom clean-out of the club and that just can't happen in the PL.

It will be devastating financially and for the stature of the club. For a player clean-out, it would be a positive.

That would have been a goal had the keeper not been in the way. I don't see how you can blame Michael Owen for not scoring when it's not his fault that the opposition team have goalkeepers guarding the nets.

:lol:

We have a squad of total s**** that are way to old and don't give a flying-f*** about our club.  We need an opportunity to completely clear out the ranks and bring in a new squad of up-and-comers.  Releasing our high priced current squad will mean we can get in new players that are cheaper, which means we can have more squad depth, and we can bring in players that are willing to bust a gut to play in the PL.

It can be done in the prem man, the last thing you want is a relegation.

3-0 and they hit the bar 3 times too. Very one-sided and we played like we've given up. I just hope Hull and the mackems have given up too - it's our only chance but I really think we are down.

Shearer hasn't been perfect but he has been far more good than bad.

This team is unbelievably bad. He is trying everything to turn things around and it's something I will give him credit for.

There is no obvious answer, no obvious lineup, no obvious formation nothing.

The team is a mess and a gathering of awful players.

was offside wasnt it?

Obviously, we could not expect anything from the game, but there is nothing positive. Barton sent off, again defensive errors, set pieces goals, almost no scoring/shooting from our side :(

Guest firetotheworks

was offside wasnt it?

Officially: yes

Technically: no

Shearer's made some glaring errors again tbh, he's shown potential but tbh he is way out of his depth.

Because we lost to Liverpool he is out of his depth.. f*** off.

i think that is fair enough tbh, he's out of his depth due to inexperience and the extent of our mire. it would take someone special to turn us around and, while he might turn out to be a very good manager in 2 or 3 years, he's not there yet.

FT

Your not out of depth after 4 games.  This how long we judge managers now?

Didn't think it was possible to play worse than we did in the 5-1 but we outdid ourselves today. Every single one of them should hang their heads in shame. Disgusting.

Guest LucaAltieri

We need a clearout regardless... it will be much easier to attract good players if we're still in the Premiership and have the finances that come with it.

This "drop down a division to get the shit out" argument is nonsense because we'll only be able to attract shit to replace them!