Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/05/09 - post match reaction from page 17

Dave

Bassong is clearly the best def we have by a country mile. Intelligence, composure and and what is blossoming into a trusty left foot.

Brought the ball out of def very well today as well. Class act. Going to be gutted to see him go.

Bassong is clearly the best def we have by a country mile. Intelligence, composure and and what is blossoming into a trusty left foot.

Brought the ball out of def very well today as well. Class act. Going to be gutted to see him go.

Looked smooth.

That third goal was easily the worst goal I have seen us concede this season.

The third?! What about the first! Viduka headed it Bassong who brought it down so it could be put out wide to Gerrard. Smith then chested it down and placed it perfectly so Kuyt could cross to Benayoun to score. If only they were so pin-point perfect at the other end.

The third?! What about the first! Viduka headed it Bassong who brought it down so it could be put out wide to Gerrard. Smith then chested it down and placed it perfectly so Kuyt could cross to Benayoun to score. If only they were so pin-point perfect at the other end.

It was offside though.

It was offside though.

It should never have got to the point where Benayoun was offside tbh. We should have cleared it about a minute earlier.

It was offside though.

It should never have got to the point where Benayoun was offside tbh. We should have cleared it about a minute earlier.

What the fuck was Viduka doing anyway?! Fucking hell! Why head it back into the danger zone that your team are defending...

The first goal was offside by about three inches tbh. Dunno why everyone's complaining so much about it.

Especially since they could have scored 10 more in any case.

I'd hardly say brilliant, but considering he's came up against the likes of Lennon, Pennant & Benayoun in those 3 games with little protection, I think he's done a decent job.

Did well going forward today but very weak defensively I thought. As you might expect.

He wasn't culpable for the defeat though. Duff was probably the least of our worries, it's the rusting, octogenarian midfield that we should be panicking about.

Did well going forward today but very weak defensively I thought. As you might expect.

He did often have 2 men up against him though and was crying out for help.  I can't stand him but I felt for him at times today.

He wasn't culpable for the defeat though. Duff was probably the least of our worries, it's the rusting, octogenarian midfield that we should be panicking about.

I agree. Just thought it was a bit much for someone to state he's been brilliant at left back.

I agree. Just thought it was a bit much for someone to state he's been brilliant at left back.

Yeah, I'm not going to complain about him, although brilliant is a bit much like. Lovenkrands didn't really help him out much before he went off. I actually felt quite sorry for him trying to follow two players doing one two's while Butt and Martins just stood there watching in the second half.

I thought Lovenkrands did ok today, despite not being properly fit. Looked comfortable on the ball, didn't waste it and did very well to outmuscle the defender for his chance.

I thought Lovenkrands did ok today, despite not being properly fit. Looked comfortable on the ball, didn't waste it and did very well to outmuscle the defender for his chance.

I'm afraid I disagree, his ball retention was fucking awful. Weaker than water, just got nudged off the ball time and again. Correctly removed at the interval.

Didn't think the challenge was that bad.  Was expecting far worse based on what I've read on here.

What pissed me off the most was the way that cunt Burley was straight in mentioning how he twatted some bloke in Liverpool city centre. When in actual fact that had nothing to do with that, because he's no longer a drunkard. It was just a poorly timed and poorly exectued tackle from a frustrated footballer.

I bet if that was Gerrard it would have been a booking. In fact, we'd be lucky to get the fucking free kick.

Didn't think the challenge was that bad.  Was expecting far worse based on what I've read on here.

What pissed me off the most was the way that cunt Burley was straight in mentioning how he twatted some bloke in Liverpool city centre. When in actual fact that had nothing to do with that, because he's no longer a drunkard. It was just a poorly timed and poorly exectued tackle from a frustrated footballer.

I bet if that was Gerrard it would have been a booking. In fact, we'd be lucky to get the fucking free kick.

Absolutely spot on Pilko. :thup:

was our best player today

Awful today and I know it was Liverpool we were playing, but it doesn't excuse the shambolic performance from players who clearly don't give a shit (in the main) Bassong asked for the fans to stay with the team, and we've kept our side of the bargain. What makes it all the more galling is that this lot have known they are a lost cause since Shearer came in. Shearer would have had a better chance resurecting Lazurus than keeping this shower of shit up. Barton should never be allowed to play for the club again after that tackle. How many chances has the kid had, only to throw it back in our faces?

It's a desperate time and one that I see no grounds for optimism for staying up. The players don't believe and more importantly, don't care. They've made a mockery out of this club, as has the owner and his cohorts.

If we do go down - I hope the decks are cleared in the summer and that we have a set of players who WANT to play for the club.