Players Morale

Crumpy Gunt

There's another article in the Telgraph claiming that Barton has every intention of seeing his 5 yr 65k/week contract out even if we are relegated. He's obviously not upset enough to consider a pay cut.

There's another article in the Telgraph claiming that Barton has every intention of seeing his 5 yr 65k/week contract out even if we are relegated. He's obviously not upset enough to consider a pay cut.

fuckers should have sacked him when they had the chance at his prison sentence, the above scenario has all the hallmarks of NUFC

Guest Stephen927

It really mystifies me how NUFC continually take chances on players with proven flaws. Why do we sign these people?

Whether it's discipline, lifestyle or injury records, its mental.

Because most managers in the game like to think they can tame the wild players, it doesn't always work out that way though.

Probably Willy McFaul trying to find an ear for some made up bullsh*t to take the focus off of his wayward client. Custis was willing to fill some column inches with that instead of actually trying to find a story.

Guest toonlass

Probably Willy McFaul trying to find an ear for some made up bullsh*t to take the focus off of his wayward client. Custis was willing to fill some column inches with that instead of actually trying to find a story.

I think you are right.

Personally I think our players have had too easy a time of it. They need some discipline and they need some rules. Its not hard to be on time is it? If they are worried about timekeeping then they need to leave their luxury pads 10 minutes earlier than necessary to ensure they are on time. If they don't like it then tough.

:harry:

It really mystifies me how NUFC continually take chances on players with proven flaws. Why do we sign these people?

Whether it's discipline, lifestyle or injury records, its mental.

Because most managers in the game like to think they can tame the wild players, it doesn't always work out that way though.

Sam Allardyce's ego to be precise. Hopefully the fat one will take him off our hands in the summer because his ego is still one of the biggest in the game and he probably still thinks he can tame the psycho.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/05/newcastle-united-suspend-midfielder-joey-barton-72703-23545249/

Suggestions that Toon players are unhappy with Shearer’s strict regime have also been rubbished today by African star Habib Beye.

As one of the most influential members of the United squad, Beye’s words are sure to make people stand up and take notice.

The Chronicle reported on April 10 how Shearer had implemented a series of rule changes at St James's Park including punctuality and a revamp of approaches to injured players, meaning crocked stars must stay until late afternoon in a bid to clear the treatment room.

And visitors to the club’s Benton HQ have witnessed a dramatic transformation since Shearer took charge.

The Toon’s base was more like a millionaires health club before April 1 when Shearer was appointed with players turning up with flip flops and towels at the ready.

Yet the new regime is very much of tin hat nature and the regimented changes made by Shearer have attempted to bring the club back to the days of Sir Bobby Robson when they competed in the Champions League - days the fans have been craving ever since.

And with Shearer at the helm, Beye said he was loving the serious nature of the new management set-up headed by Big Al, Iain Dowie and medical expert Paul Ferris.

Oh right.

Well, they still make me stand up and notice. :idiot2:

It is funny how journalists get away with this sort of reporting: -

'Player X' says to journalist "Blah, blah we hate the rules, etc. You can quote me but don't name me."

Beye says to journalist "I'm loving the serious nature of the new management set-up. You can name me but don't put what I said as a quote."

Oh right.

'Player X' says to journalist "Blah, blah we hate the rules, etc. You can quote me but don't name me."

Beye says to journalist "I'm loving the serious nature of the new management set-up. You can name me but don't put what I said as a quote."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/05/beye-s-stay-on-plea-to-shearer-72703-23545029/2/

- Quotes are there. Not sure they particularly back up what the writer is implying mind.

Oh right.

:lol: :lol:

PS - BottledDog is a spoilsport. :razz:

Guest neesy111

this maybe stupid, but these players are only motivated by money

so a nice bonus if they keep the club up could be the only way to motivate the players

Oh right.

:lol: :lol:

PS - BottledDog is a spoilsport. :razz:

:pow:

But yeah, even with the quotes, there is a whole shitbucket of writers spin in those articles.

It's not like Beye actually is endorsing the rules, the closest he gets to saying anything like that is "I’m happy with what they’ve done up to now, and really believe they will keep the club in the Premier League." which is pretty damn generic.

Oh right.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/05/beye-s-stay-on-plea-to-shearer-72703-23545029/2/

- Quotes are there. Not sure they particularly back up what the writer is implying mind.

That's a new article. The previous one didn't have the quotes.

Guest Wally_McFool

I will not be confused with that 'orrible Willie MacKay.  :coolsmiley:  ;D

Hmmm let me think....do these players need mollycoddling and a Glen Roeder jellfish spine approach, or would I prefer strict rules and Shearer sticking a large boot up their under-achieving well paid arses?

What a dilemma.

Hmmm let me think....do these players need mollycoddling and a Glen Roeder jellfish spine approach, or would I prefer strict rules and Shearer sticking a large boot up their under-achieving well paid arses?

What a dilemma.

Delima surely  :cheesy: