Michael Owen - Would you be disappointed if he stayed?

Liam Liam Liam O
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Come on man he's MICHAEL OWEN!!! course we should keep him. have you not seen how many goals he has scored in the past....

And what has he shown you of late that shows he's capable of being that prolific in the future?

Guest Heneage

He wasn't so keen to sig a deal when he was scoring and had other offers, and it works two ways .

Guest the_guv_nor

Come on man he's MICHAEL OWEN!!! course we should keep him. have you not seen how many goals he has scored in the past....

And what has he shown you of late that shows he's capable of being that prolific in the future?

i was joking.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

On a MUCH lower contract.

I'm not buying this lower wage ish.  So instead of a well-paid ineffective striker whose best days are behind him, we'll have a sulking ineffective striker whose best days are behind him. 

turn the flippin page already.

Guest Albert Square

Are people mental accepting lower wages? Just how low will Owen go? Not very tbh, not less than 50k I would bet on that. What do we get for said wage btw? No goals? Oh god sign him up!!!!!!

Let him go, he is fucking shit, end of, lets get a decent striker who will get about 10 goals in.

http://www.biojobblog.com/sarcasm.jpg

On a MUCH lower contract.

I'm not buying this lower wage ish.  So instead of a well-paid ineffective striker whose best days are behind him, we'll have a sulking ineffective striker whose best days are behind him. 

turn the flippin page already.

I think he is a decent player in poor form. He could still offer us something and if he was on say £30k a week it would be worth it.

He wouldn't accept that though.

Guest Brewcastle

Owen obviously don't like to be one of The Lads. So the men in charge at SJP should please help him out of it.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

http://www.biojobblog.com/sarcasm.jpg

:angry:

:blush:

Guest the_guv_nor

i find it quite funny when pundits say "well he's 'Michael Owen', give him half a chance and he'll put it in the back of the net" ......how many half chances does he want before he will get us a goal!?  i wouldnt be disappointed if he stays but i wouldnt be disappointed if he goes either.

you're surely taking the piss

:mackems:

to be fair I hear that sort of shit every week about Owen in the pub, and on the TV

If his name wasn't Michael Owen then he'd struggle to get a game in the Championship these days.

Actually felt bad for him tonight for the first time. He was actually trying, the poor fucker, and still was so absolutely desperate it defied words.

To think, five years ago he was legitimately one of the world's best players. Now he's reduced to this slow, weak, lumbering attempt at a footballer we see before us today.

It's actually pretty sad, tbh.

Guest the_guv_nor

I think he'll go to America,the Prem is too much for him,and i think ,for him to be worth a big pay packet,MLS could be the way for him to go.

its a bit far from aintree tbh.

I think he'll go to America,the Prem is too much for him,and i think ,for him to be worth a big pay packet,MLS could be the way for him to go.

No chance, the horseracing is shite in America bar the Kentucky Derby

its a bit far from aintree tbh.

Their season doesn't start until after the Grand National IIRC.