Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest CheickMansour

Need to bite the bullet and get him out of the club. Clearly got no future here and is taking the p*ss. Move him on to whoever is daft enough to take him.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

He does nothing to earn his money. He does nothing to suggest he's prepared to sacrifice his massive wage to actually further his career. The fact he's on about £50k a week isn't his fault but he appears to be milking the cub for every penny he can whilst foregoing his career. What about asking for a transfer? Making money appears to be far more important than playing football for him.

From what I understand, being settled and being happy is the most important thing to him now.

At 22, he came here because of the ludicrous wage being thrown at him by Wise/Jiminez but ended up being painted as the "signing that broke the camel's back" - which was not his own doing.

He's then been "managed" by Kinnear, Hughton, Shearer, Hughton again - who either doesn't rate him or doesn't like him as he sent him packing to Spain for a year while we were in the Championship*, then kept him out of the team during the first half of last season before arranging a loan back to Deportivo (this was supposedly delayed until the end of the transfer window "just in case Caroll was sold and we couldn't find a replacement" :mackems:)

From what I understand, he genuinely likes the city and the fans (the weather, not so much) - he's hardly had a run of games to 'prove himself' - even in the cup matches (Accrington, Stevenage, etc.) he didn't even get a place on the bench.

When he did get a few games for Deportivo, the match reports I read seemed to be getting more and more positive, they then found themselves in deep relegation trouble and the manager drops to one senior striker in a 4-5-1 formation and Xisco had to make do with 15-20mins off the bench for the last few games, almost scoring with his first touch in the Nou Camp (so it looks as though he was making the right run, he just hadn't got the composure to take the chance or hadn't found his 'game-feet' yet).

When we're still paying the likes of Lovenkrands a wage and we don't have anyone knocking down our door to take Xisco off our hands (discounted or not), why don't we integrate him back into the club, make him feel like he's part of the squad and see how it pans out for the first half of the season. We cannot expect to get rid of Best and rely on Lovenkrands/Ameobi for consistent back up.

*FWIW, I think a season in the Championship could have done wonders for his Newcastle career, in the same way Colo and Enrique were able to adjust.

:thup:

Guest schmuck

^I pretty much agree. If we don't make much headway with our main targets in the next few weeks, I'd be more than happy if the club wrote off whatever the remaining appearance fees are for him (They can't be as much as any fee for Erdnic/Long would likely be) and bring him into the first team fold properly. He has one year left on his contract after the coming season, we are never going to recoup any sort of money for him as it stands, in for a penny in for a pound I say. If it doesn't work out at all, in two years time I'd much rather be saying goodbye to a player who cost 6 million and was given a real run in the first team than a 5 million player who never was.

He very clearly has quality, you can tell from a single touch of the ball or a 5 second passage of play he's light years ahead of Shola and Loven, just give the sexy little git a chance, Pards.

There has to be a reason for him almost not having played. The most logical reason - he's been shite in trainings/has a shit attitude. Anyway, with his salary, we need to load off as soon as possible. Simple.

Good post. But honestly, how do you know he is fond of the city (with the exeception of the pink triangle?)

:lol:

He said in January that he was sad to be leaving Newcastle (but proud to be going back to help Depor), then when the Spanish season ended he said he was looking forward to being back in Newcastle. He even came back to NE1 between the Spanish season ending and him going on holiday - doesn't sound like the actions of an unhappy, lazy foreigner who doesn't want to be in "cold, miserable Tyneside".

He might turn out to be pretty average and nothing more than a player who "looks good" (;)) on some youtube clips, but we'll never know until we give him a crack of the whip.

There has to be a reason for him almost not having played. The most logical reason - he's been shite in trainings/has a shit attitude. Anyway, with his salary, we need to load off as soon as possible. Simple.

Most logical reason is that he doesn't get on with Kevin Nolan/Chris Hughton. From what I've read and heard, he has a great attitude.

Need to bite the bullet and get him out of the club. Clearly got no future here and is taking the piss. Move him on to whoever is daft enough to take him.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

He does nothing to earn his money. He does nothing to suggest he's prepared to sacrifice his massive wage to actually further his career. The fact he's on about £50k a week isn't his fault but he appears to be milking the cub for every penny he can whilst foregoing his career. What about asking for a transfer? Making money appears to be far more important than playing football for him.

From what I understand, being settled and being happy is the most important thing to him now.

At 22, he came here because of the ludicrous wage being thrown at him by Wise/Jiminez but ended up being painted as the "signing that broke the camel's back" - which was not his own doing.

He's then been "managed" by Kinnear, Hughton, Shearer, Hughton again - who either doesn't rate him or doesn't like him as he sent him packing to Spain for a year while we were in the Championship*, then kept him out of the team during the first half of last season before arranging a loan back to Deportivo (this was supposedly delayed until the end of the transfer window "just in case Caroll was sold and we couldn't find a replacement" :mackems:)

From what I understand, he genuinely likes the city and the fans (the weather, not so much) - he's hardly had a run of games to 'prove himself' - even in the cup matches (Accrington, Stevenage, etc.) he didn't even get a place on the bench.

When he did get a few games for Deportivo, the match reports I read seemed to be getting more and more positive, they then found themselves in deep relegation trouble and the manager drops to one senior striker in a 4-5-1 formation and Xisco had to make do with 15-20mins off the bench for the last few games, almost scoring with his first touch in the Nou Camp (so it looks as though he was making the right run, he just hadn't got the composure to take the chance or hadn't found his 'game-feet' yet).

When we're still paying the likes of Lovenkrands a wage and we don't have anyone knocking down our door to take Xisco off our hands (discounted or not), why don't we integrate him back into the club, make him feel like he's part of the squad and see how it pans out for the first half of the season. We cannot expect to get rid of Best and rely on Lovenkrands/Ameobi for consistent back up.

*FWIW, I think a season in the Championship could have done wonders for his Newcastle career, in the same way Colo and Enrique were able to adjust.

Not much in there to disagree with tbh.

You obviously know a bit more detail about him and his performances than I've heard/bothered to read about. The fact he's been made into a bit of a pariah by successive managers means I barely even consider him to be one of our players any more. I've said on here before that to get caps for the Word and European Champions at U21 level he must have had something at one point.

His wage isn't his fault but I'm still unsure as to why he wants to be settled in a place where he's blatantly not wanted. Never seen how hard he trains and perhaps his performances in training sessions are the very reason he's not been given a run in the team? Also a bit baffled as to the lack of interest in him from Spanish sides. If his performances for Depor were decent/good as you say then surely one of them would have had a little nibble knowing fine well he's got no future here?

Something just doesn't ring true about the whole Xisco situation. Then again, considering the state of the club when he signed and the subsequent turmoil it's hardly surprising. Best for all concerned if he moved on - we get him off the wage bill and he can continue his career with a clean start. :thup:

Guest Heneage

Exactly his careers stagnated. How anyone could hold malice against him is beyond me, I wish he'd been given half as many chances as Ranger's had.

Guest Heneage

And yet he's never once asked for a transfer away...that's another thing that doesn't ring true. 

Because he didn't write a letter asking for a transfer?

He's been passed round like a red headed stepchild despite an impressive pedigree, I hope for his sake he's either sold or given a chance this summer as last year seemed a false dawn.

I reckon he is pretty happy tbh. He has probably already earned the amount he was likely to earn in his whole career whilst being able to go and be a bit part at Spanish clubs which seems like his talent would have dictated anyway.

Not his fault he was offered such a lucrative deal but it's hard to feel sorry for him, it's not like he's sat out his whole time here, we have loaned him and as others have said he obviously hasn't impressed enough to attract a bid so what can we do? Given his apparent wages and reluctance to use him I doubt we are pushing for a huge fee and if it's his wages other clubs are struggling to match he obviously isn't bothered about a career.

And yet he's never once asked for a transfer away...that's another thing that doesn't ring true. 

Because he didn't write a letter asking for a transfer?

He's been passed round like a red headed stepchild despite an impressive pedigree, I hope for his sake he's either sold or given a chance this summer as last year seemed a false dawn.

Has he asked for a transfer? ???

He's not got a future at this club so it's best he moves on. He's obviously got talent but the only person who the transfer has worked out well for is Xisco's bank manager. 

I do find it weird that every manager has judged him to be THAT inadequate. Especially with the shite we've had upfront in that period, the fact he can't even make the bench...for cup games against League Two opposition. How can he be so far down the pecking order? Like Stu says despite being frozen out completely he doesn't even seem to be unhappy, José and Jonas have mentioned how he is a good friend.

It makes that sub appearence against Villa even more bizarre. In for a few minutes, sets up a goal...and then is never seen again once more before going out on loan. :dontknow:

I do find it weird that every manager has judged him to be THAT inadequate. Especially with the shite we've had upfront in that period, the fact he can't even make the bench...for cup games against League Two opposition. How can he be so far down the pecking order? Like Stu says despite being frozen out completely he doesn't even seem to be unhappy, José and Jonas have mentioned how he is a good friend.

It makes that sub appearence against Villa even more bizarre. In for a few minutes, sets up a goal...and then is never seen again once more before going out on loan. :dontknow:

I bet £50k a week doesn't half soften the blow a bit.

I agree a lot doesn't make sense, I don't buy this appearance based fee rumour purely on the fact his last appearance came when he couldn't have been needed less.

I Think it must be down to attitude, I remember some reserve attendees saying he looked like he couldn't be arsed. I'm of the belief you should earn a chance.

Said this before but I would love for him to be given a chance and succeed here but given the amount of managers who have ignored him and that Villa game it's really hard to believe it's anything other than Xisco himself stopping him getting a real chance.

• 2 weeks later...

according to the Chronicle,  Xisco will travel to the Netherlands along with the Barton for the reserve team fixtures over there.

Don`t see why he shouldn`t have got a chance with the 1st team squad on the U.S tour tbh.......especially as Ranger is on the transfer list and has had his visa rejected. Leon Best`s fitness is still in doubt and Lovenkrands...well......

according to the Chronicle,  Xisco will travel to the Netherlands along with the Barton for the reserve team fixtures over there.

Don`t see why he shouldn`t have got a chance with the 1st team squad on the U.S tour tbh.......especially as Ranger is on the transfer list and has had his visa rejected. Leon Best`s fitness is still in doubt and Lovenkrands...well......

He prefers younger men.